Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #1  

Default WSL Chat for the week of Oct. 20

Well it's been a while since we had one of these. So I figgured that I would start a new one.

I'm out of comission for the next week at least. I have Pneumonia so the docs have me on bed rest as much as I can. So I will be here reading all the posts and I got my self some good movies to watch tomorrow while the kids are at the sitters. (the only break I get from them.- i do love them, just need my rest)

I got a copy of my refferel from my docs to take with me to my first appointment with the wls. I go next Wed. Then I will see them 2 more times (once a month) then after that they can submit my info to the insruance and if approved I'll get my appointment with the doc. So I can't wait.

I also have info that my hubby may be starting his trip home by the end of November. That means that by the end of January he should be home for good.

Well that is my day, lol. Talk to you all later,
Old 10-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Bella take care of yourself, pnemonia is nothing to play around with, I'm sure you know that, it's just the Mother in me, wagging my finger. I know it's hard to rest with little one's but do your best.

I used to complain when my hubby went away on business trips, I just cannot imagine the life of a military wife. So glad to hear that he may be home "soon."

I have a dentist appt today.........have I told you all lately how much I HATE dentist appts!! It's just for a cleaning, but still..........

Guess what I did yesterday. I picked up and submitted an application for employment to a store near me. It's Christmas help. I have not worked since 1990. With my youngest a senior in high school, I'm really getting bored.

I have NEVER worked in retail and with the job market the way it is, they may never call me for an interview, but gee, it was a big step for me.

I'm not even sure it's something I want to do, but it would be great to have the discount on clothes!!!

Wish me luck, I think

Off to get ready for this dang dentist appt.....have a good day everyone!
Old 10-23-2003, 05:22 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Bella: Ole Alvin is home with pneumonia too, took us by suprise. Thought he just had sinus drainage and a sort throat, but after 3 dsys of a fever 0f over 101, he went to the doc. Hope you haven't been as miserable as he has.

Still going over to mom's twice a day to chang the bandage on her incision. I'm ready for that to heal! She got out a couple of times last weekend, but hasn't even been dressed since she came home from church Sunday, so I called her this afternoon and told her to get dressed we were going somewhere when I get off work. Where I don't hae a clue, but I;'m getting her out of the house.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, your both sweet. I actually got sick at the end of Sept. and the docs gave me meds after meds and nothing got better. So then when I went yesterday, they found the pneumonia. I have been so sick the last 3+ weeks that I'm glad they found something that meds can fix. But the wierd thing is I never got a fever, just a bad cough. (coughed up blood even) so I just hope I'll be able to feel better by the end of the week.

Deb, I hate the dentist as much as you do. And I have to go soon to get some work done as well. YUCK.

Barb, I hope Alvin gets better soon as well. It does suck to be sick. And what a good daughter you are. You will have to let us know what you did.

Well this is all for me, I have to lay down again!
Old 10-24-2003, 06:42 AM   #5  

Bella Bella Bella....take care of yourself, chickie. I say that but gosh all get out I know it is hard to do when you have kidlets and your dh is away. Good to hear that he is coming home soon. I don't know how you military wives do it.

Debkay, Don't tell my dh that you picked up AND submitted a job application. He'll be bootin my buttt out the door. It's only seasonal, right? What did you and Hazel get at the pampered chef party? I haven't been to one in a long time, love the veggie pealer and lately I am having thoughts of a dutch oven.

what's up with that...oh yea...I just want to be creative...

Barb, hope Alvin is feeling better soon. Between your mom and him, you have an awful lot of taking care of to do.

Off this morning to a new store that opened up. It is called The Christmas Shop and it is suppose to be a great bargain place. Apparently there are alot of these in the New England area. The one I am going to is near the NY/NJ border. Hopefully I can put a big dent in my Christmas Shopping.

later,
peach
Old 10-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #6  

Christmas Shopping.. Halloween is not even here yet. More power to all of you.
To the sickies. Get better and take care of yourself. Pnemunia can really knock you down. My dh had it some 5 years ago and was off work for two weeks. from a person that doesn't take any time off of work.

Grammy
Old 10-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #7  

Bella Bella

take care of yourself so you can really enjoy dh when he gets home. i love watching movies but since i found you guys the only screen i watch is the computer screen lol oh well life is always better than fiction.

Debbie i too hate the dentist office put me in a chair for 5 miniutes and i start to tear up i will never forget i took my daughter for the first time and talk to her for hours about being brave ha we got home and she reported to my dh i didn't cry but mom sure did lol

barb you are an angel of mercy in disguise taking care of alvin and your mom must be quite a balancing act. my mom needs a hip replacement soon i hope i will be as attentive as you.

Peachie i hope you find some great bargins this is the time grammie to shop b/c you are not getting run over by people and there are some good bargains with the change of season

well today is housework so i will check in with you girls later

oh yeah went for 5 week check up total weight loss 63 lbs
one guy about 18 had the surgery in june 4 months ago lost 152lbs and now weights 157 of course that was too fast and he is having gall bladder taken out monday now he is waiting for weight loss to stop it is crazy how all of our bodies are different.

okay now i am off to vacumn

later bevmel
Closed Thread