Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #1  

Default Need to lose some weight

Hello I am about 6ft tall and weigh 105 kgs. about 3-4 years ago I only weighed around 85 kgs which was skinny for me. I was the kinda person who could eat, eat and eat and not put any weight on. I then started to take medication called Olanzapine for my mental issues and within a few weeks I had already put on 5kgs and over the course of about 1 and a half years I had gone up to about 100kgs. Once I got to 100kgs it stabilised now I go from 100-105 kgs up and down. My wish is to get to about 85-90 kgs but while on olanzapine it seems its side effect if weight gain. I asked my Doctor if I could get off it but he flatout said no =, which really sorta sucks. I also drink beer almost every night and drink coke but don't eat too much except for when im drunk. I was doing karate then i broke my leg which required an open reduction operation and was unable to walk for a few months, I think thats when i stopped exercising much. I lost my motivation. About 3-4 months ago I was getting this sharp stab pain to my chest witch feels like a heat attack. I saw a doctor and got an x-ray, ecg and blood test but they didn't find anything wrong with my heart and told me its just my rob muscles . I guess i feel sorta relieved about that, though i think the cause is i weigh too much my ribs can't hold the weight and is doing damage.

I want to lose about 20 kgs. weird thing is I weigh about 100-105 kgs but I only have fat around my stomach, not my legs, arms, etc any help would be good, thanks. Also my doctor said my cholesterol is high and apparently when you're on olanzapine you need to exercise twice the amount you would normally which is just insane

Last edited by ozm8ey; 06-24-2017 at 06:11 PM.
ozm8ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:30 AM   #2  

Your metabolism slows down as you getting older and it might be one of the factors that you gaining weight. I found drinking natural Tibetan herbs before main meals very helpful in boosting metabolism and losing weight.
beckyM is offline   Reply With Quote