Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 07:04 PM   #1  

Default Grammy is home

Well, I have been home all afternoon and doing well. Feeling a little weak but I am sure that is to be expected. Having a little trouble drinking all of the fluids that I am supposed to but I think that I am getting in about 36 to 40 oz per day. My estimates. Tomorrow I am going to start measuring. Nothing like getting in control. I am not hungry in the least nor am I thristy. The Dr said that all went well and I make an appoitment to see him on tuesday. I am walking around. not too far. Still on clear liquids. Just broth and crystal lite and some water. I do not like sugar free jello. My hand are swollen from the I'vs and are very sore. I have bruises all over my body and wish that they will go away. I know that they will get better soon. I will post again later probable tomorrow. Thanks for all of your prayers and concered. Just knowing that you care is comfort all around. Love Marsha
Old 08-31-2003, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Glad to hear you are home and all went well!

We're thinking of you!!
Old 08-31-2003, 08:59 PM   #3  

Hey Grammy!!!!

Glad to hear that you are home and that all went well. Take it easy, rest, walk and sip!!!

Those bruises are nasty. Mine are almost gone, so it takes a while. I think that they have trouble finding veins for the IV because the bowel prep dehydrates you. Just my guess. Thank your DIL for posting for you the other day....we appreciate it.

Post as you can, and welcome to the other side!

hugs,
peach
Old 08-31-2003, 09:53 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

glad to see you up and around. well, sort of. and since you're not actually getting much nutrition of any kind in right now, it's really REALLY important to get the liquids in.

welcome home!!!!!!

cheers!!! and yes, that means you have to take a couple of sips now
Old 09-01-2003, 09:39 AM   #5  

I am sipping away. I am having trouble taking my pills. I have crushed them and they are so bitter that they make me want to PUKE. I think that I only had half of them this morning. I am going to try some in sf jello when hubby bring it home. Didn't sleep well last night I think that I was too flat. Got some more pillows to prop up with and then that worked better. So different from being in the hospital but glad to be home. thanks again for caring check back later on. Love Marsha
Old 09-01-2003, 02:54 PM   #6  

Congratulations Marsha! I'm sure all you're going through now will be well worth it. Take care of yourself!
Chickadee
Old 09-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #7  

Grammy - congratulations! Glad you are home. It is much easier to recover when you are in the comfort of your own home!! In regards to your meds, maybe the doctor can give you a prescription for them in liquid form. Just a suggestion! Hope you are feeling better. Have a wonderful day!!!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #8  

HI marsha I am new here I am so glad that you are doing well. I have been reading the boards the last few days and been looking at your threads. I have a apointment to talk to my dr about wls this friday. It's good to see that you are doing well you are in my prayers

Carol
Closed Thread