Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #1  

Angry Just had to share my joy!

Well, today was my first weigh-in in just over 2 weeks, because I was gone for almost 2 weeks, visiting my family in South Dakota. (I didn't want to weigh there because it would mess with my head--I stick to MY scale, exact same conditions every Sat. morning). Anyway, of course when you're away from home, in your Mama's kitchen eating your Mama's cooking (and she's a farm wife so REALLY knows how to cook!), it's hard to resist all the yummy, high-fat things. Plus, we had way more meals out than I'm used to, as well. But you know what? I stuck with it--I continued to drink water almost exclusively, I resisted more desserts than I gave in to (but did have a few--and they were great!), and I watched my portions, trying to fill up more on fruits/veggies than carbs. Also a key, I continued to exercise regularly (though not every day like I'd been doing). I just modified everything to fit the situation! And of course me, being a perfectionist, thought I couldn't expect much on the scale this morning, because I'd been out of my routine, and not been "good" (whatever THAT means!). I was also concerned because right now is my TOM, too.
I found out I shouldn't have worried! I've lost SIX pounds in the past two weeks!!!! (Here I thought I might maintain, or at best lose a pound or two). This has taught me a really important lesson: it's okay to relax and have balance now & then. It's okay to splurge occasionally--but then get right back into your "program." I also think my body might've liked a few days off from exercise, as well. But the best, most encouraging thing I learned, is that my habits have stuck! They are 2nd nature now! I'm so excited to know that the changes I've made are for ALWAYS. That in itself makes me know that I can do this!
Sorry this is so long...guess I had a few things to work out while I typed. I hope everyone's doing well & having a great weekend! Share your successes, too--

Jen
Old 08-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #2  
Hoping for Success

MAN OH MAN!! Jen, you rock!!! Congrats and I wish I had some yummy desserts recently! Keep up the great work!

I am happy because I lost 2 more pounds! BUT 6!!! wow, way to go girl!
Old 08-16-2003, 01:34 PM   #3  

Thanks, Carolyn!
Congrats on your 2 lbs. lost!!! Every single pound lost (or even fractions of pounds!) is worth celebrating. Here's to our continued success!

Jen
Old 08-16-2003, 01:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

WTG! Jen that's super fantstic, and on vacation no less. That's sure a testiment to having formed really realistic, long term habits.

Congrats!

Tummy
Old 08-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #5  
on my way down!

Thats Great!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Good job Jen. What a great thing to end your vacation with the family. Glad to see you stuck with your program and didn't give up
Old 08-18-2003, 11:51 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats to both of you!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #8  

Thank you, everyone, for such kind words about my success! I appreciate it MUCH, ya'll are awesome!
Have a wonderful week--

Jen
Old 08-20-2003, 04:46 AM   #9  

Where at in South Dakota JEN? I am originally from there. Do you like the midwest? Sorry, a little off topic!
Old 08-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #10  

Angry Wow! Another native South Dakotan!

Kidnursey--

Do you know how excited I am that you're from South Dakota, too? I don't hear much of that, being down here in the South! I'm from the Sisseton area (grew up on a farm), it's in the northeastern corner of the state. Where in SD are YOU from?

And yes, I LOVE the midwest, I miss it so very much. I'm hoping/praying my husband & I will be moving back there (to SD, actually) in a little under a year from now. Time will tell!

Jen
Old 08-20-2003, 08:14 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

WTG Jen and Carolyn....
Old 08-21-2003, 12:09 PM   #12  

Good for you!
Closed Thread