Old 09-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #295 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Fall and a New Weight Goal

We are the Turtle Group here at WWW.3fatchicks.com . We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Welcome to our new thread. We can do this by and :

I had a great weekend. My dh wanted Italian take-out yesterday for dinner. I ordered some for him, but went ahead and had my planned lemon chicken for myself. Even a year ago I would have been tempted to give up my planned dinner and have some take out instead. Happy I didn't do that this time.

How are you all doing???? : for a good day and a great week.

Very interesting that WW's will now let us choose our goal weight. It will be interesting to see what my fellow WW members do and how many of them decide to make their ending goal weight higher than previously thought.

Judy
Itryharder
234.6/184/182 and thinner
Old 09-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Weather was really nice up here but today it is raining. Oh, well got out & about over the weekend.

Judy - good for you for keeping to your plan, I know how easy it is to get sidetracked. Keep up the good work.

I made some salmon patties last night for my lunch this week along with a salad, preplanning always helps. I also have a cauliflower & spaghetti squash to use up over the next few days. I love make the "mock" mashed potatoes with the cauliflower, very tasty.

All - any new recipes lately?

Goal this week is to walk more, snack less!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #4  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning

Judy, Thanks so much for starting our new thread I don't have time to post right now.

See y'all later today I hope your day is Wonderful!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, welcome to the new thread.
Bandit, looks like you'll lose a pound or so this week. Yay.
Dee, always glad to hear from you.

Wishing us all the best and trying to take this one day at a time. One pound at a time all the way to goal.

Itryharder
Judy
234.6/184.2/182 and thinner
Old 09-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #6  

Hi all you Turtles

What a busy week. Taking a few minutes to check in with all of you.

Today was WI
SW 311
CW 303
GW 185
Down 1.6 so I'm very happy

Turtle is a great name for me as the weight never wants to leave, a very slow fight to get it off. Not much exercise this week, have to work on that.

Dee thanks for talking about chips and what works

Judy wow what will power, pasta is hard to pass up

Bandit I found a great cauliflower salad recipe will add tomorrow

Have a good week
Amby
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #7  

I have a question, are all of you going to meetings, online, or just following the program?

Amby
Old 09-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
: to Amby for such a wonderful weight loss. You're doing it! Weigh to go.

As for me, I go to WW meetings every Wed. morning. I have been going for a long time and have several friends there. All of a sudden I am clicking with my weight loss and want it to continue.

Wishing everyone the best of luck and :
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/184.2/182 and thinner
Old 09-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #9  

Hi turtles

Amby - I was a WW for a long time & still follow their programme but I go to Tops weekly for accountability & support.
Looking forward to cauliflower recipe especially since I have one in my fridge.

Judy - good luck at your w/I tomorrow

All - hang in there, we are doing great!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #10  
Sandee

Hello Chickies

Amby I Luv seeing that happening for U my little sister Whatever U did to hit that number, pLease Repeat IT this week for another Awesome LOSS I went to WW yrs ago when I was curious when they said 'eat whatever you want' w their points system. I went to 2 meetings & decided to do it myself & I have. The meetings r 20 miles from my home & pricey for my budget, when I joined I got a WW package that included WW online free & I make some of their Breakfasts & Desserts. Do U go to the meetings or do it online? I have friends that r TOPS & KOPS members & I've visited their club twice. TOPS is a awesome club to b in, they have fun while losing pounds w support w games, contests, guest speakers, a year rally & a national rally w ppl from the U.S. & Canada & they r very inexpensive, half of the WW cost & have a magazine & website. Bandit can tell U more or Google a meeting. We're looking forwards to your cauliflower salad recipe

Bandit, U just read I'm a fan of TOPS. How long have U been a member? The only thing I didn't like was women being gossipy, the men there were just watching the clock waiting for the meeting to end, to go eat w the group after the meeting from, not eating prior to WI

Judy, I know U will b @ your next goal @ WW WI tomorrow I Luv lemon chicken & I also cook my salmon fillets in olive oil & lemon juice & sprinkle dill weed, lemon pepper & cumin over it & I use the drippings on a biscuit or slice o bread Cumin is said to reduce inflammation & it helps w my allergies from the dumb ragweed we have out in the country where I live, if I use it daily as one of my seasonings.

Have a Happy Humpday girls
Old 09-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
MiniDoodles, I admire the way you have handled your weight loss. Good for you for grabbing the ideas of WW's and carrying them out. Having friends who are watching their weight help to keep us on track.

I love lemon chicken and made it the easiest way possible. Dee and Bandit,
here's what my dd said to try and it's so easy and not bad at all.

Slice lemons, place in crockpot, place chicken pieces on top,
top those pieces with more lemon, salt and pepper
Cook on low for 7 hours or so.

The chicken made its own juice and honestly this wasn't bad. It was extremely easy and reheated well for leftovers.

Today I lost another bit of weight. I lost .8# and I'm pleased. Getting closer and closer to my WI goal of 182#. Maybe next week. I had a member say to me (she's about my age) that she thought of me all week and was thinking that if I can do it, she'll give it more of a try again. She and I have been at the same meeting for ages and were kind of stuck at our weights. Now I'm working really hard at it, and it's working.

Good luck to us all.
Amby, keep up the good work :
Cherry, let us know what works best for you.
Dee, love to hear what you've got to say.
Bandit, good luck at your WI.

: and : to us all.
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/183.4/182 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 09-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #12  
Sandee

Hi girls

I don't have time to post my Dh will b home from work in 15 minutes & he had a rant last night because the house wasn't tidy & told me to stay off my laptop for 2 days

Judy good job having a Loss, aLLL of them r great for us

I'll b back later or tomorrow when Dh can't bother me posting to U
Old 10-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #13  

Hi Turtles

Hope all is well. Had a good day got some walking in and stayed way under my points.

Over all the day has realy been good. Hope everyone is doing the same

Cauilflower

large pan and bring 32 oz of chicken broth along wit enough water to cover all the cauliflower break into pieces. Cook about 10 minutes done but not mussy.

Take 2 tsp basil
8 anchovies ( you can leave them out if you do not like)
8 peppercorns
2 Tbs caper with brine
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs dijons mustard
1/4 cup olive oil

Cool Cauliflower

Combine all the spices with mustard and oil in food proccessor.
Salt & Pepper to taste
Toss and let set for about 1 hour eat at room temp or can refrigerate .

We love it has good clean taste. If you like hot sprinkle with a half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.

Enjoy

Last edited by Amby; 10-01-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: mispell
Old 10-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #14  

Hi turtles

Hope you are all have a great week & congrats to all you lost weight.

Have my w/I tonight and hoping to be downs some.
I have been going to Tops for about 7 years & lost 30# quickly but have regained most of that back over the last few years. But keep at it &
will lose some, then regain when I get off track. I don't do moderation which is my biggest downfall & something I have to work on.
Our Tops club is pretty good & I like the fact that we usually have a new leader/executive each year to shake things up.
Most people sit in the same place beside same people each week, so what I try to do is sit in between them to change things.
Most of the time it is a nice change with different conversations.

Amby - thanks for the cauliflower recipe!

Judy - crockpot lemon chicken sounds yummy & how easy is that!

All - keep up the good work & sharing of ideas :-)
Old 10-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone

Sounds like it is a good week for everyone. Happen to see where WW is letting each person decide their on wt goal, I think people will be move successful, what do you think?

My story with WW, did meetings about 8 years ago and lost 55 lbs over two years and slowly have gained it all back. I decided to try the new PP and joined online about 6 months ago, getting the book kits, articles, etc.. did not take for some reason just could not get it going.

Talked with my Dr this summer and told her I wanted to try again, so the last week of August started this round using all the tools I already had and a wonderful APP I found Ultimate Food Diary. It works just like the WW App has journal, scans, etc.. For some reason it seems to be working well.

Started weighing every couple of days just to keep tabs and was surprised today to be down .6

See everyone tomorrow
SW 311
CW 302.4
GW 185

Amby

Last edited by Amby; 10-01-2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: cant get sig to work