Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #31  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Fall is back so I hope everyone is ready for the change & heating bills coming back.

Bandit being the Biggest Loser @ TOPS What was your prize I know some get the weekly dime $ jar & others get a gift & a token to take home as a symbol to pass on to the next winner. I think when I visited a friends chapter that they always had monthly holiday theme awards w $ from the ppl that paid when they had a gain. That was Awesome for U since U lost 3# the week prior

Judy, How r U doing @ WW now that fall is here, I wondered if they change their lectures to reflect the food for the season? I get their recipes by email & Dh eats double of whatever I make for myself, very tasty! Nice that U got to enjoy part of your weekend.

My Saturday was nice, Sunday was terrible because my ex-h & his wife were @ my son's home & they r always rude to me. They live near my son & bully me, being territorial treating me as a servant My Dh just smiles @ them rising above their rudeness, while I can't hide my hurt/anger on my face as he does & I've rudely spoken back a few times. I'm happy those days only happen about 4 times a year. My son blames all 4 of us & says we're all @ fault to b civil or ignore each other. I just keep hoping that they won't come when my Dh & I are there...

'Today' I'm back to eating normal from our 'healthy food groups' not emotional eating... Yesterday I ate 1/2 a candy bar & shared 1/2 w Dh, & Monday I ate 1 cup of potato chips & 1/4 cup of candy

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles!!!
Bandit, every year I forget, duh, that your Canadian Thanksgiving is a different date than ours. So glad you had a crowd and that it was nice AND you turtled (amazing to me) and won the prize. You are so good at these challenges.

Dee/Mini, Oh, family relationships. So hard to handle. I feel for you. Your dh is wonderful to take the high road. It sounds like the ex is really being mean. So sorry! I am enormously proud of you for eating so little out of the way you want to eat and also getting right back to your healthy food choices. : So glad you chime in. You help us all and we're here for you too.

As far as me, I am doing well and lost another .8# at WW's WI today. It was one of my grandson's on Sunday. After a day of complete confusion since he and his ds had been at his father's for the weekend and he didn't get him back until eleven at night, we still had a great time for the kid and tried hard not to mention the mix-up with his day. Emotional eating.......I'm trying hard to conquer it and some days I do better than others.

Cherry, how are you doing?
Amby, how about you??
Turtles, we've come alive again here, so chime in when you can.

Right now the WW agenda is changing from helping us get in charge of our happiness and now they seem to be introducing their agenda into foods.
This week they told us about the advantages of protein and how there are better choices within that food group. All stuff we know, but good to get a reminder. My leader is pointing me out each week after my loss of 50#. I know lots of members and I am someone who sat there year after year not losing weight and now I am doing well. She holds me out as someone whose story can be encouraging. I may have to tell her not to do that if I get shaky about the attention. I usually love attention and it's not a problem, but ......I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Okay! Chime in when you can. I love Bandit's win and Dee's graphics. So cute.

Judy
Itryharder
234.6/181.4/ 180 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-14-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 AM   #33  
Sandee

Good Morning girls

Amby & Cherry I hope that this week has been wonderful for U.

If not then write down in your notebook What went wrong in big print. In a larger print, write the Solution

That really, really helps to get back on track to Not eat wrong again

Judy, That's so Wonderful about WW

For supper I made us chili w cornbread sprinkled w fresh shredded cheese We were completely satisfied & later instead of dessert we drank hot cocoa w a sprinkling of crushed peppermint.

When we make a menu for each week it's easier to stay on top of eating Smart & instead of putting junk daily into the bloodstream giving us disease & medical bills...

Example, we don't put beer in a baby's bottle & hand it a bowl of popcorn to choke on We are Smarter than that, so if U have difficulty using a diet daily then try eating nature's foods & when U eat processed foods b sure to measure 1 serving size for your meal & your body will adjust to having the proper amount of fuel it needs & feel satisfied & you'll become very Happy as your body gets smaller & flexible w lots of Energy

Have a wonderful weekend Everyone
Old 10-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning ladies

What a gorgeous morning here - started out seeing a beautiful rainfbow on my way to work, awesome.

So how about our Blue Jays! The atmosphere here is crazy, so exciting.

With Biggest Loser we receive 1 weeks dues, for monthly loser we receive a charm - our chapter has cut back on gifts & focussing on building up our PRD fund so more people will attend.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, doing a great job

Mini - great comments. I have been reading a book on getting back to basic foods and has lots of good information. Basically the more whole foods, the better and just simple foods & recipes.

Cherry - how are you doing?

All - enjoy this beautiful fall day.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #35  
Chick

Very exciting with the game/Blue Jays!!!! Glad you're having some fun with it.
Yes, I too am concentrating on whole foods as much as possible.
The TOPS organization is doing a great job.
Mini.....that is such sound information about keeping weight off and getting it off in the first place. Weigh to go!
Bandit, you're doing great.
We have our Halloween party next weekend and my ds and his family will be staying with us for a long weekend. That is always an eating challenge for me. I think this time around I'll cook my food separately and they can indulge on other foods. It's the best way for me to go right now. The other thing I can do for myself is make sure I eat well this week and lose another pound or so to keep myself on track.

Cherry and Amby, chime in when you can.

Itryharder
Judy
234.6/181.4/180 and thinner
Old 10-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #36  
Chick

Oooh, I just realized I reached my first goal of reaching 182# and thinner.
and
Judy
It feels good..................especially when it took me forever to break 200#.
My next goal is 175#
Old 10-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #37  
Sandee

Happy Sweetest Day to Everyone Here

Judy Do U have a goal date to reach 175 lbs. ?

There r 7 days yearly that I don't follow my 1-2 serving size or eat healthy food days & this is 1 of those. My Dh has named places to take us & of course I must pick... I told him since its in the 50's today here, how about San Francisco again or go to another Luau restaurant @ a Walt Disney World Resort in Florida & he saying he'd take tell his boss he needed a 1 week vacation to take his wife to eat dinner I really wish that was possible But in February 2017 we'll go back when it's freezing here to go warm-up Anyways, I'll plan to b fat on Monday & have to return back into my lifestyle routine. But w eating my 1-2 serving lifestyle for so long it's become a healthy habit, so I won't have more than a 2# gain to remove & that will b back off in a week w my food routine.

Bandit, Have U ever attended IRD in the U.S.? A friend of mine was Queen for our state PRD must mean Providence Rally Days? Keep on going & U will b the Monthly Best Loser for October

Amby & Cherry, PLease stop bye & let us know that U are okay. We miss U & it doesn't matter if we are average or a fluffy sizes We r here to comfort each other going through good & bad days. I bought a bag of sour Gummy Worms @ Wal-Mart for my treat & as I put my groceries away I put 1 serving into little containers to eat, so I won't eat Stupidly, I had 4 serving size snacks of my sour worms to eat without caring about putting on pounds. Maybe you'all r doing good & have been maintaining or losing pounds, then how about sharing your Victory w us We can Lose together & have healthy bodies

Last edited by miniDoodles; 10-17-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:00 PM   #38  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Mini, I don't have a date to reach goal by. Since I am consistently losing about 4#/month I should be there by the end of November. That will feel great. My dh and I bought Halloween pretzels for the trick-or-treaters. That way even if we have pretzels left over, they are only 50 cal./bag and not anywhere near as tempting as candy. I love candy and find it hard to resist.

Have a good time out for dinner, Mini. What a great attitude you have about food and the way you approach it. I'm aiming to get there. I'm tired of feeling like a failure when I go off track. Doesn't feel good. I am so grateful that this program is working for me now. All good food and good for me and lets me lose weight.

Amby and Cherry, chime in when you can. We do have some pretty good ideas here and we love your input too. Baby steps always worked for me to get started. I had so many years where my weight didn't budge, and now it is again so I'm happy about that.

: to us all. Bandit, keep up the good work and let us know how the challenges work out.

Turtles, and
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/181.4/175 and thinner
Old 10-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #39  

Hi turtles - another sunny day up here, getting cooler but still nice with all the leaves turning colour and falling. My trailer is all locked up & winterized for the season, so another thing off my "to do" list. Went to Applefest here at home yesterday with some ladies & that was fun. Bought an applecrisp to bring home & it was tasty. Afterwards we went to see the movie "Bridge of Spies" withTom Hanks.

I was up .4# at my Tops weigh in & that was expected with 2 dinners out this past week. But OK with that - just get back at it for the upcoming week.

I have not been to IRD in the States but PRD many times up here.
This year with PRD being close to us, we are hoping for a really big turnout from our Chapter.

All- have a great week.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:58 PM   #40  

Hi Everyone

A quick note tonight; I have had pneumonia and was in hospital for over a week, just got home tonight. So glad to be home and trying to get back in the swing

Will post tomorrow and checkup on all that you have been doing

Amby
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #41  
Chick

Amby, so good to hear from you and sorry you were sick. Welcome back!

Bandit, glad to hear you are back at it.

I WI at WW's tomorrow and am hoping for a loss. Hmmmm, wonder how Oprah will affect WW. It will be interesting to watch.

Talk tomorrow.
Judy
Old 10-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #42  
Chick

Had a nice WI at WW's in that I am keeping my running streak of losing each week. I lost 0.8#. I had hoped to lose a full pound, but now I am down 54# and so happy about that. Starting the first week in July I have had a loss each week. I have never lost more than 2#, but I also have always lost at least .8# so I am happy. : I had hoped to be at 178# on WW's scale by the end of October, but we'll see what the next week brings. (I can hear Mini on all this "scale" talk.)

Have some challenges coming up starting Friday. My ds and his family are coming down to stay with us until Sunday so they'll be here for our annual Halloween party. It'll be wonderful, and I can make it really good when I remember how I want to eat healthy and leave the junk foods alone.

Weigh too much about me!!!! How are you all doing? Let me know if you'd like me to set up a thread for weekly WI challenge. I'll be glad to do it if anyone is interested.

Beautiful weather here.
Sending : and : to all the Turtles!!! Keep on chiming in.

Amby, I hope you are feeling better.
Bandit, good luck with your TOPS group.
Mini/keep sending your ideas. Love 'em!
Cherry, how are the little ones and your dh?

Itryharder
Judy
234.6/180.6/175and thinner
Old 10-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #43  

Hi turtles!

Judy - congratulations to you! You really have turned a corner - great job.
And to be consistently down, that is awesome. Good role model for us.

Well, our Blue Jays are still hanging in there and everyone is really excited for them.

Going to play tonight with my gf - local theatre group so hoping that will be good but will miss my Tops meeting. Scale is pretty much staying the same lately & my biggest challenge is eating out socially. And even though you think you are making good choices, we all know little extras add up quickly.

And I have my Cuba trip coming up Nov 7th - so looking forward to that.
Bought a new bathing suit and it fits well, so feel comfy in it which is nice.

All - hope you are all doing your best and easing into fall. All the leaves are falling but the temperatures have been good (except one morning I had to scrap my car windows)

Have a good evening!
Old 10-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #44  
Sandee

Hi girls

Amby I'm very sorry that u were soo ill that u were in the hospital. I hope that u are feeling stronger as u are reading this. It takes baby steps to regain our strength. I'm happy that u are back w us

Judy-Judy-Judy For being consistent w your Losses! I'm soo HAPPY for u Were u talking about me 'Dee' when u said mini? If u were talking to Dee/me, okay my little sister I do watch my weight, using my morning scale before dressing & w eating the 1-2 serving sizes for foods my calories are always below 2,400 daily even though I don't count them, I do log Saturated Fat, Sodium & Protein daily. If my weight goes up I increase my water & decrease the Sat. Fat & Sodium until I'm back down & that normally takes me 3 days. My weekly candy is 2 bags of W-Mart sour gummy worms with a bag of potato chips & nonfat yogurt for my dip How about posting some pics from your Halloween party & your Deviled Egg costume

Bandit, How was & what was your play about? Being up .4# at your Tops weigh-in is small, maybe u will still b October's Biggest Loser or 2nd place. WoW that's awesome that u feel good in your swimsuit Cuba, for your job or vacation? I've never left the U.S. except for Canada, Niagara Falls.

I got a Fitbit Charge activity watch on Tuesday & set-it up that night online. Hmm, we're supposed to walk 10,000 steps daily to b heart smart/fit. I weighed myself Wednesday morning as normal & put it onto my ankle for accuracy w a band I made. I had +4,000 steps Wed. +5,000 Thursday & today +10,000 steps Everyday the Fitbit food log said I had burned-off all my calories & this morning when I weighed myself, the scale said I have Lost 3 pounds I'm just trying to build up my strength before winter comes & to stay active till next summer comes. I have 4 friends on Fitbit w me & they are also doing well most days. This is Fun, maybe with losing weight by walking, I can wear a size 10 top again...

Have a nice weekend
Old 10-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #45  
Chick

Hi Turtles!
Bandit, a trip to Cuba..........how exotic and exciting. It's right around the corner and you will have a wonderful time. New bathing suit and feeling good about it. Fabulous!!!

Dee, yes, I was laughing about how obsessive I was getting about my scale numbers and then thought you'd really understand. That is fabulous about your FitBit group and that you lost 3#. That is so much weight to lose in a short amount of time. Weigh to go! I like your goals for the winter. I am walking on my now for short amounts of time. My doctor doesn't want me to overdo and hurt my knee since I have arthritis on my kneecap. No big deal, but no sense in hurting myself either.

Having the party today. My upstate son and grandkids are here and my grandson who lives down the block stayed overnight. I'm kinda working around them to keep the house straightened out and then later I'll set up for the party. All fun and I am looking forward to this one.

Have a great weekend and keep in touch. We are doing this!
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/180.4/175 and thinner