Old 09-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default W. O. W. Women on WEED Don't open 'til Christmas!

Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #2  

I'm Mavis (Wendy, it's a long story)

Mother of 2 amazing men, married to my HS sweetheart. We live in upstate NY with the younger of those men I mentioned, 2 dogs, and an old bird.

I work 2 full time, crazy jobs..one as an Insurance Adjuster and one as a Realtor. Throw in my 92 yo FIL and my own Dad who is battling cancer and it's crazy round here.

I was in the low 150's this spring, but I've been back in the high 150's since June. My goal for this challenge (16 weeks) is 2-3 lbs a week 32-48 lbs will put me at goal. I am thinking my goal is somewhere around 120-125, but I won't decide that til I get there. Point being, if i focus, I can hit Christmas at goal!!

My plan...
W 100oz day is usually where I try to get. My water bottle is 32oz, finish it 3 times a day and the small glass I chug my vitamins with and I'll be all good.
E I am training for a 15k run in November (and a 1/2 Marathon next August with YOU, my WEED ladies). I am going to add back in my classes at the Y and weight training. I've gotten off course at the Y between new puppy and Dad, need to get it together.
E Working on that. Been trying to outrun my poor choices and um, no, it's not working. Tomorrow, I am embarking on a Whole30 challenge. Hoping to break the sugar demon, discover new energy and see if my complexion clears up! (The complexion part started after my hysterectomy, so I am not sure if it will help, but we will see!)
D I've got a lot of stressors and a lot on my plate. Trying for just one day at a time and one choice at a time. Trying to make better choices.

A bit of a ramble, but that's it!
Very much love the support of my WEED ladies and hoping we pick up some new friends too!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My name is Mindy. I married my high school sweetheart about 3.5 years ago. My whole life changed. I have a son and a daughter and i added a son and daughter when I we got married. We now have one grandson and one on the way...his kids.

I teach school (4th grade). It starts today so I am back in the groove. This year is going to be something..due to several reasons. Stress is already high. So back in the routine and ready to tackle this last 25 pounds.

Walked the Big Mac yesterday...5 miles which turns into 6.5 with all the extras. This week I need to run every night since I have a 5 mile trail on Saturday. Going to Woodstock..in the hills of Michigan. Should be fun.

So is the Tinkerbell a half marathon?

Up a little after our holiday weekend....178.2
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone!!! I am Jeni! I am a married mother of two. Mak is 11 and Tommy is almost 9!

My main weightloss goal right now is to stay between 145-150. Today the Scale cooperated with that I was at 146.8. I only do one official W/I day a month which is the 22nd or the 23rd Depending on my work day. DH needs to lose 11 pounds and keep his BP down, so I am going back to not whites at night. This is basically my weight loss diet.

I love running, but I haven't done it in a couple of months because all of my spare time has been surrounding household projects. I have also been working a ton of 12 hour shifts.

The kiddos started back to school today! Mak's first day of Middle school (sixth grade), and Tommy is in 3rd. I am off work for two weeks! I do have a ton of stuff planned for my time off. Cleaning/painting/organizing the kids' bedrooms. My house looks like a tornado hit it, after going through all of their stuff yesterday: give away~~Store~~Keep~~ that portion is complete. Now it is time To organize everything in Maks bedroom.

W 80 oz
E Keep moving. A walk or bike ride with the kids after school
E no whites at night
D I'm doing great!

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-02-2014 at 11:36 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

BAH!! So happy to start a fresh thread. Thanks Mavie!

Kris here. 43. Wife, mom to a combo family of 4 kids (25,14,12,9), Public Works Director in my home town, over weight, over worked, over whelmed, and OVER JOYED to get to be on another WEED adventure with the girls here!

Still working through will power with NutriSystem. Still trying to "love" drinking water. Still don't have a solid habitual exercise plan. Heck who am I kidding, I haven't so much as laid on the ground and stretched in months. Looking to change all that.

Four months until St. Nick shows. Gonna get a head start on the holidays by losing 20 before Christmas. THAT IS MY GOAL. I can do it here, with the help and support of these chicks. I know I can.

Plan:
W - 80 oz a day (hello.... can you hear yourself?
E - Something 30 minutes a day. Even in 10 minutes spurts. MOVE.
E - NS for at least the next month, longer if I can afford it.
D - You are powerful. Accept it. Act like it.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #6  
mtiger

Wink

Ran 2.5 miles last night. Not bad for first time in 2 weeks. Knee is a mess. Calling doctor today. Big 5 mile trail race on Sat. at 8am. It is an hour from home. You know what that means.

today- 177.4
Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #7  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Diana here and not working up to my workinglikeadog signature. Still summer too busy and in transition. Married to farmer John(really), have a son about to go off to college for the first time. Have a dog, three cats and five chickens. I keep busy helping dh, garden & garden club and have fun loosely painting people, critters and nature(acrylic). I like the new challenge till x-mas and plan to dig in soon. I have gained over the summer so will set new goals and get an exercise routine started as well.

Some misinformation & bad communication from ds college has me trying to figure out when we drop ds off. Yesterday was upsetting, but just another chance to take it as it comes(this or something better).

Good news from yesterday, the end of one show, I sold 4 paintings. I Set up another show in the county library for the next two months. Need to get back to painting soon. Given a bushel full of home grown tomatoes, must deal with those lovelies soon and have limes now so can make tomatillo salsa.

W 50
E Try to get 10,000 steps in by bed time.
E NO P.M. snacking and random munching
D Engage brain before eating!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #8  

So nice to see everyone here! I am exhausted, so just a quick note!

Day 2 on the Whole 30, stuck with it!! 28 days to go!!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #9  
The Sky is the Limit!

Ah my sweet girls all made it!

Diana - You are a trooper with the take it as it comes. I guess at the end of the day you can't control what you can't control. I actually got a little time monday night to renew my goals. Listed some values that I want to improve in myself. Acceptance of "things" as they come, people as they are, and me as I am are on the top of the list! You and the ladies here inspire me every day.

Mindy - That knee sister. Take 'er easy and know that I have prayers going out for a quick recovery. I know how you like your runs.

Jen - Ahhhh... kids back in school. Such sweet release. And organizing WELL NOW WERE TALKING! I'm a sucker for organizing. Maintaining is a different story. Hope you are better at it than I! Here's to a clutter free Mak room!

Mavie - you are a sweetie! Thanks for the encouragement and YES to 2lbs a week. I was up to 219 on Sunday. Back down to 216 this morning. 1st week and I gotta hold steady to be on track! We're in this together lady.

So we got an offer on our house tonight. Its decent and we are countering with just a slight reduction in what they want from us. Say prayers ladies. This is a big stress reliever if it goes through.

W - 20 oz day (fail
E - okay. had lunch with new finance director but stuck to salad
E - eh.
D - One day at a time.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Can I join? It's looks like my type of pow wow as my current weight loss rules fall in line with yours!
I'm a 30 yr old mother of a 4 year old, and a nurse. The plus side is I walk a lot in my ER but the downside is the 12 to sometime 16 hr shifts don't leave much rest time. Especially when I pick up extra shifts.
W: my goal is to drink 100 oz I think I'm at 50? Not my best day :/
E: I joined a gym today with hubby, but because I looked at a broken clock in the gym I missed a class I wanted to go to. I ended up doing a mile on the elliptical (lame, would have done more but stood next to a class waiting for it to end for 20 minutes, then realized it had already started and was now almost over).... So I joined hubby on some weights.
E: I've been focusing on adding veggies to every meal, I'm trying to keep my intake around 1500 to 1600 calories. The veggies make it easy. Meal prepping has made a huge difference in my eating schedule at work and I've fallen in love with Justin's almond butter packets. Best snack with celery ever!
D:today my goal was to get off the couch, and I did!

My biggest fear is just working a ton, being tired and once again not having the energy to play with my son the way I should be. He's my gym date in the afternoon tomorrow at the pool. Thanks guys!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #11  
mtiger

Wink

Welcome Nicki...we are thrilled to have you. Time for some new blood on our thread. Good luck with your goals. Hope you stick around, we are a really fun and supportive group.

Knee is dead. Not sure how I'm doing that 5 mile race on Sat. I may end up walking the whole thing. I have an appt. for Monday to see what the heck is going on. Need to get my behind back to WW too. Haven't been there in 2 weeks. Things have been a little busy. Today- 177.2 Maybe I should track some food today...duh
Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #12  

Try keeping the knee elevated, heat and ice alternates do more good than people know until you can get to your doctor. Motrins the drug of choice, but don't overdo Motrin as it can have nasty side effects when you take more than recommended!

Last edited by nickilaughs; 09-04-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #13  

Hey ladies!

Welcome Nicki! 4 is a great age, enjoy your pool date! I missed my class yesterday too! I went to the Y in the AM for my 6:30 class, back on track blah blah, forgot it was break week (no classes the first week of school here) I'll be back in class Monday!

Kris, hallelujah for an offer!! Hope you get it sold quick!!

Mindy, freaking knees! Mine was tweaky for my run yesterday too, ben-gayed the crap out of it. If you need to walk, that's fine. You are way ahead of everyone on the couch. No need to hurt.

Diana, Communication skills seem to lack in all colleges. Yahoo to 4 sold paintings!!

Jeni, how goes the organizing? Enjoy that time off!

W 100
E Today was a rest day, Yesterday I went to the Y in the AM and ran after work. Needed the day off.
E POP, day 3 done!
D I am responsible for my choices!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Hey ladies!

Welcome Nicki! 4 is a great age, enjoy your pool date! I missed my class yesterday too! I went to the Y in the AM for my 6:30 class, back on track blah blah, forgot it was break week (no classes the first week of school here) I'll be back in class Monday!

Kris, hallelujah for an offer!! Hope you get it sold quick!!

Mindy, freaking knees! Mine was tweaky for my run yesterday too, ben-gayed the crap out of it. If you need to walk, that's fine. You are way ahead of everyone on the couch. No need to hurt.

Diana, Communication skills seem to lack in all colleges. Yahoo to 4 sold paintings!!

Jeni, how goes the organizing? Enjoy that time off!

W 100
E Today was a rest day, Yesterday I went to the Y in the AM and ran after work. Needed the day off.
E POP, day 3 done!
D I am responsible for my choices!
What's POP? Good job with your water! I think I'm at 50 or so
Old 09-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

House be gone! Offer signed and we are in a 30 day escrow ladies! God is good!

Nicki Welcome!!!! So nice to have you join the Weeders. We have been here for years, sister. We will be here for you. We promise! You have entered the land of chicks with demanding jobs and hope for replenishment of health. Mindy has got to stop breaking her teeth and knees though. We can definitely use a nurse around here

Mindy - you just take it easy little one. I'm sorry your knee is being difficult. Maybe a short rest is in order? You do have to chase 4th graders for a good 9 months you know.

Mavie - I am in awe of the real estate world. Hope you are getting some good returns on your double duty work. It's not for everyone. I appreciate your profession more than you know. How's daisy?

Jen - your FB pics are a riot. What youngsters you look like! You will have to share the kids reaction to your treasures from the closet!

Ms. Diana - how are holding up after the college send off?

Work was 10 hours of total distraction today. I swear men are worse than chicks when it comes to exhausting victim status. I should not have to tell 50+ year old men that they have to show up to work on time!

Almost through my goal setting. Gonna take a couple hours tomorrow BEFORE THE STEP KIDS ARRIVE and get some quiet me time. I will figure out how to put me first yet!

Ladies, go grab a glass of water and be good to yourselves. Mindy put your friggen knee up, woman.