South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default from Sugarbusters to SBD

hey! I was just wondering if any of you had switched to SBD from Sugarbusters and what your success has been. I have been on Sugarbusters for 2 years and decided that SBD might help push me off my plateau, even though I already eat whole grain carbs and no sugar. Would love to hear from anyone regarding their experience on SBD- Thanks!!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:13 PM   #2  
karen3000

Default SugarBusters to SBC

Since no one else jumped in to respond to your post, I guess I will give you my 2 cents

I was very successful on SugarBusters for about 6 months. I was part of the SB boards here. Gradually the sugar and the refined carbs worked their ways back into my life and I put on the weight I had lost. For some reason, once I try a "diet" or "woe" for awhile and then get off of it, I cannot go back to it. I'm sure it's just this mental thing that I have convinced myself I can't do it but. . .

I think that SBD and SB are pretty healthy ways of eating. I also think that the two weeks of Phase I will probably give you some results. In a way, Phase II is very similar to SB except for the fruit thing. If you try SBD, you really aren't going off the SB plan, it's just a little more restrictive in what you are allowed to eat.

Karen

Old 07-23-2003, 09:26 AM   #3  

Thanks very much for your reply. I was starting to wonder why no one was responding. You definitely helped clarify a few things for me. Best of luck on SBD!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

JackieO, I don't think folks were ignoring you. We just don't have a lot of former SB folks here. Actually SugarBusters is the only diet plan I've never tried.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes, sorry, JackieO... didn't mean to be rude. I've never done SB, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #6  
karen3000

Jackie - have you read the SBD plan? If not, the 2 week Phase I will probably move you quickly off your plateau because you don't eat any breads or fruits. Also, there are restrictions on dairy products that SB doesn't have.

If you need the list of foods that are allowed on Phase I let me know and I can probably hunt down a post that was very helpful to me until I got the book.

Sorry I didn't respond before. I'm pretty new on the SBD thread and I thought there would be others with more experience between the two plans

Karen

Old 07-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #7  

thanks Karen and everyone for your input. i have definitely decided to give SBD a try. I ordered my book from Barnes and Noble online and should be receiving it anyday now. I was wondering if many of you stalled on Phase 2 when re-introducing the carbs. I fear that since I already eat this way, that once I finish Phase 1 I will gain any weight I lost back. What has been your experience with this? Thanks so much.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Jackie, when I started Phase Two I added the carbs back in gradually. I actually lost even more during the first two weeks of Phase Two than I did on Phase One. But everyone is different...
Old 07-23-2003, 08:50 PM   #9  

Jackie:

I stayed in Phase I because I was scared to go on to Phase II ... didn't loose any more and got myself totally off track ... I think boredom sets in and you start to slip ... restarted SBD last Sunday ... this time I'm going to Phase II after first two weeks and see what happens ... (at least I didn't gain any weight back ... total loss 9 pounds since June 1 ).

Good luck !!!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:45 PM   #10  

Jackie,

Welcome!

I am in my 11th week and I am eating fruit and whole grain bread almost every day. I have lost 14 pounds to date, 5 of them in phase 1 and 9 of them after. I am not "typical" so don't go by me, but I am thrilled nonetheless.

Meg~~~~~~~~~`
Closed Thread