South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wet Wednesday - April 30

Well, it's pretty watery out there but at least it's not a tornado! I've been reading about the devastation in the South and am horrified.

My "Gardener On The Go" came yesterday late morning and cleaned up the flower beds at the front of the house just before the heavens opened. Good timing, Wendy, and things look much better. When the rain stops - sometime next week! - Ed the Lawn Lad will be here with his power broom to get the gravel off the grass.

Two interviews down now - one loser and one winner. The loser had his cellphone with him and actually answered it during the interview. I asked him to turn it off but it rang three more times. He also was completely disinterested during his tour of the Mill. The other guy was the exact opposite - a wonderful smile and asked lots of intelligent questions about the Mill history. A keeper! Only one to interview today and her resume looks good. We shall see.

Hard to believe it's the last day of April! I'm about to celebrate with a second cup of coffee. Been up since 4:30 and still don't feel awake!

Come and chat.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wonky Wednesday SBD Daily, 4/30

April is going out with a bang here. It's cold, windy and pouring rain! I'm all curled up on the couch in my bathrobe, just missing my coffee. I'm having fasting bloodwork done this morning at 9, and that coffee sure will taste good afterwards! In the meanwhile, I'm snuggling in where it's warm and cozy.

What's everyone got going for today?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Ruth. That's amazing and crazy that he would actually answer his phone during an interview. Maybe his mommy told him he has to do so many interviews or something? Ridiculous.

It's another dreary day, welcome to central PA! That's why our grass is so green here though . I have a short day today, and really need to get some stuff clean up here (mop bathroom floor, for instance).

On the job front, one month down since my notice, and one month to go until my last day! It will be a looong month . I've quite excited though, the training for my new job is in CA, at a gorgeous hotel. I know the new job will be lots of work, but that perk isn't too bad!

Mmmm, I made my coffee nice and strong today, even if it's only 1/2 caff!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm astonished that an applicant would leave their phone on during an interview! (Um, excuse me while I take this call.) You should have said, "of course, I'll just go get a cup of coffee" Better yet, tell him to take his call outside, and don't bother coming back!

Tammy, your job training in CA sounds like a vacation! I hope this next month flies by for you and the new job is everything you hope for!

Hey, no more talk about coffee this morning, okay?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm ... I presume CA means California, not Canada. I hope the next month goes quickly for you, Tammy.

Aw, Linda, so sorry I mentioned coffee when you have to do fasting bloodwork. I hope they find the solution soon because I know you hate feeling "poorly".
Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda hope all goes well this morning. Treat yourself to a special cup afterwards.

Ruth I did like Linda's response. How rude. Glad the other interview went well.

Tammy I too hope the month passes quickly. What kind of training will you be going to? Is it to learn a new procedure? Make sure you bring your sneaks, lots of beautiful sites to see in CA......California or Canada

Our meeting was packed last night. So nice to see people I haven't seen since last year. I was good and stayed completely on track. I cannot believe we leave in a little over a week!

Today is a cooking day. I plan on making chicken fajitas in the crock pot, chicken cheese sauté and crack slaw. That should carry me into next week. Plus my breakfasts and salads. I did see a 2 pound whoosh this morning. Figures the gold old hormones are going crazy too lol.

Hmmm I wonder when the pups will realize I haven't walked them yet. Mick, my old guy 15, really despises the rain. Coconut, 8 1/2, is not phased by any weather. The dirtier he is the happier!

Try to stay warm and dry today
Old 04-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Rainy here too and I have an all day outdoor event tomorrow, that should be fun Today is another day making phone calls. It's the crazy end of the legislative session and it will be long hours, calls and support cards, and pivoting constantly for the next 10 days. It's the third year I've done this so no surprises here This weekend I will take a break for the Boston MG walk. Looks like Saturday will be sunny so something to look forward to. Time to get to work. Happy Hump Day
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It has been raining every day since Sunday so I have not gotten any sanding done in the evenings. I broke down and bought a sander machine that you put sanding paper on and that has helped very much.

Last night had swim team parents meeting so I went out to the website and went ahead and volunteered for all the slots I am required to work to make sure I got the slot I wanted

Ruth- I think I would have responded like Cottage suggested

Cottage- I hope they find out what is going on for you

Tywnn- how long to get to stay in CA for training?

Jekel- mine does not like to go out in the rain but kitty loves to try and escape no matter the weather.

Cyndi hang in there with all of the phone calls.

Crazy busy here at work, lots of meetings today and I need to run reports as well. I am ready for some sun.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Same weather here, wet and cool. Hard to believe it is almost May. I'm working the closing shift tonight. Might crack open a book today rather than spend most of my time online. Waiting to hear back on ancestry stuff from someone I talked to at a probate court in Worcester, MA, to see if she can locate anything about my Dad's family's name change or adoption. I suspect that the next time I go east to visit family I will be doing some hands-on research.

Have a great day.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

So yesterday I went to see the dentist. I have been having some discomfort in one area and when he checked, there was a bone fragment in the tooth that is healing. So now it has to heal all over. Will be so glad when everything xhould be finished sometime in October
Hope everyone is having a nice day. Is debbie on holidays
Take care
Sophie
Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks.

I'm "enjoying" the same rain as most of you. At what point do I start building an ark? It is good to see April out the door as May is one of my favorite months. I love the long days and the burst of color after the long gray winter.

Sophie, hope your mouth heals soon and without any more complications.
Pearlrose, good job on doing your sign-ups!! Sometimes the early bird does get the worm.
Jennifer, I'm so impressed with your dedication to riding.
Ruth, I will echo the sentiments about your interviewee. Teaching cell phone etiquette/appropriate use has been a discussion amongst the staff at school lately.

Here's hoping everyone has a lovely evening!
Closed Thread