South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mayday! Mayday! Thursday May 1

"Hooray, hooray, the first of May!

The outdoor ---fill the blanks--- starts today!"

And Mother Nature is on notice to GET WITH IT! We need warm sunshine and flowers because I am sick of this cold and rain. I did wash my winter coats but they never got stashed away - still needed. According to the weather forecast, we will be below normal temps and rainy off and on until next Tuesday when the sun peeps out for the day.

Aside from all that, I'll getting tired of crabbing about the weather - and listening to other people crab about it.

Found one winner student applicant yesterday. Anna and I made a quick decision two seconds after she left the office and decided to hire her on the spot. I went out to the porch to call her back and she gave a classical deer in the headlights look at me. That sure changed when I told her the good news! So now we have three hires and three more interviews to fill the other two positions. Some of our four initial choices have already accepted other positions. (Remind me not to do this next year.)

Discovered a leak in the roof of my "new" (2010) addition. It is dripping through the light fixture. At first I thought it was a "Jazzident" but it was plain water. Sure glad I didn't scold him - he is perfect in the house although he would sometimes "join the pee-pee party" if Disney started it. It's really just a drip so will get it fixed when the rain stops.

Time to breakfast and crank up the day and see if I can work in something fun! How's your day looking?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default May Day Thursday, SBD Chat for 5/1

It really is May Day here, with 120 road closures and several schools closed because of the flooding. It was quite a harrowing experience yesterday getting home from picking up the girls after school, and many of the buses had to be re-routed. I was amazed to see several cars stranded in the flooded roads on my way home. You'd think people would know better by now.

I have an early appointment before trying to make my way out to the farm. The girls' schools are closed, and hopefully the waters will have receded before I have to get Audrey to West Chester and back this afternoon, then drop off the girls at the riding stables for a lesson. I think we should be ok by then!

I'd better go see what I can scrounge up for breakfast before I head out the door and start getting ready to go.

Have a super first day of May!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

My day is looking the same as yours, Ruth: rainy and dreary. At least the daffodils have buds so big I can see yellow so maybe they are close to being ready to open. Glad you have found some good employees and hopefully the next interviews will yield more.

And did anyone say "Rabbit, rabbit" yet?!

I've got to grab my thermos, take out the garbage and get to work.
Have a great day chicks! I'm glad it is finally May!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Dang! You beat me to it again, Ruth! I'm glad you and Anna have got the hiring process underway! Too bad about the roof leak; better call Paul!

Good morning, Beth!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

well crud, I must've posted at the exact bad second, because my post disappeared in the thread merge!

Pretty boring as always though. We didn't get nearly as much rain as you did Cottage!

Ruth, you crack me up! Glad you found a few good candidates. Sounds like a good choice to hire her immediately, so she wouldn't find another position first too!

Beth - good morning! I didn't say "rabbit, rabbit", but I sure saw a bunch!

Got my walk done this AM, the birds were quite happy and active today. Scared a bunch of deer as well.

I did make a new salad last night, that was bizarrely delicious - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/confett...er/detail.aspx . What an odd combination of ingredients (beans? Really?), but quite yummy. I'll have to go post it in phase 2 recipes. It was a great pot luck contribution!

Have a great day chicks!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twynn - Thanks for sharing; I'm totally going to try that recipe.

Yesterday was rather exciting for me... I learned my Dad's birth name. (He was adopted at the age of two, 80 years ago, and has been dead for 27 years.) Today I'm working on getting together paperwork to apply for his original birth certificate.

So I'm doing something today that I've never done before - getting a massage by a man. Okay, I've also never splurged on a massage that wasn't on vacation, either. Anyhow, my trainer uses this guy for her aches so I'm going to see if he can help with either my leg/hip issues or my pinched nerve. I don't expect it to be very relaxing!

This afternoon I have what should be a quick conference call with our charitable foundation lawyers and my mom. Fingers crossed I don't forget to call in.

Have a great day. Cannot believe it is May!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I've been dealing with computer/phone issues and yesterday was my first day off to deal with it. Things seem better today.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear the flooding is affecting you. Take care..

Twynn, salad looks yummy!

Ruth, I hope your weather turns around for good!

Karen, how exciting for you to find the info about your dad!

Beth, thx for bunny talk!

So I am out to work in the yard. DH got some type of saddle sore in a uncomfortable place so he's focused on healing-not gardening. It's a lot of work for 1 person....but good exercise.

So I'm off

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday did something to the heel of my left foot, don't know if it is bruised or what- just can't figure out how I did it, I was fine until I was flying down the stairs to get on the metro train yesterday.

Quick flyby for me, trying to get a lot of reporting done today and tomorrow so I can concentrate on my virtual class next week.

Lots of flooding going on around the country it seems, stay safe for those that have it.

Have a great day !!!!!
Closed Thread