Old 09-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #1  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Default Packet Free Recipes

Soo, I always see recipes, but majority (not all) of them involve a packet of some sort which means I cant participate, so in pouting I thought to make a packet free recipe board, so all the other packet free IP folk and myself could share great recipe ideas too - YAY!
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I make up recipes as I go. For example, one of the protein choices is 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. Tonight I am grating zucchini and mixing it with scrambled eggs, spinach and salt and pepper. Then I will bake it to make a quiche type dinner. Side salad and I am done
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I make up recipes as I go. For example, one of the protein choices is 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. Tonight I am grating zucchini and mixing it with scrambled eggs, spinach and salt and pepper. Then I will bake it to make a quiche type dinner. Side salad and I am done
This sounds really good but I'm wondering how you'll get it to hold together? Usually you'd use cheese to bind it all..
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
That sounds divine!! I'm going to have to try this! .. The fanciest thing i've done thus far is the caulimash - So i need some ideas to keep me "busy"
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
This sounds really good but I'm wondering how you'll get it to hold together? Usually you'd use cheese to bind it all..
Actually....it is the egg white that hold together just about anything. I use very little cheese, (and mostly egg white) in cooking because my husband has avoided cheese due to genetic hypercholesterolemia for most of our married life (over 600 at age 30!.. {Its been under control with medication. He began high dose lipitor before it was mainstream} but he is also very compliant dietwise...and I'd like to keep him around a few more years...!) Anyway... it is the egg that hold things like meat loaf together, and the albumin protein is the binder in most baked items.

Egg dishes like this actually bake BEAUTIFULLY in the oven...the consistency is wonderful and when done in a round baking dish, slice into gorgeous wedges. Use some green, red and orange peppers too....the visual belongs in a cooking magazine. It is a quiche with out the crust and Italians call this a fritatta ... a staple in my gluten free kitchen for brunch. Try any roasted veggies you may prefer in this too ... like broccoli and asparagus. Sliced fresh tomatoes are good added on top afterwards...but they add too much juice if you bake them. I have used "oven dried" tomatoes from our garden though on top ... and that really looks and tastes yummy.

Speaking of tomatoes...I just picked 22 from our 5 plants this AM after being gone for a few days...it was 46 degrees here this AM...so we are flirting with frost.

Last edited by 65X65; 09-18-2013 at 08:00 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #6  

Hello. I am so glad you started this page because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on packets for recipes and use my packets solely as meals/snacks. Thank you.

On that I have been getting into lately is buffalo chicken dip or buffalo chicken salad. Take a can of chicken (or you could use the fresh if you like) and mix it with WF blue cheese dressing and Frank's buffalo sauce to taste. I just eye ball it and then sample.

I serve with celery sticks or over a salad with more WF dressing. Really good lately.

Another staple that I love to make is a pork chop with gravy. Take any veggies (celery, zuchinni, mushroom, cauliflower, brocolli, etc.) and sautee in a pan. Once soft, blend until a gravy like texture. Serve over pork chop. Delish!

Have you done Big Mac in a bowl? I was a huge fan of that for awhile but burned out.

Another one I can suggest is taking chicken breats/thighs, and baking with slices of tomatoes over the top with some italian seasoning. Stays moist.

When I think of more, I will add.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #7  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

On Sunday's I usually roast extra vegetables so I use them in this recipe.

Here's another quick, packet free recipe - Roasted Zucchini Quiche/Frittata
1 1/2 cups roasted Zucchini or yellow summer squash
1/2 cups roasted leeks
4 eggs / 2 egg whites beaten well
You can add your serving of oil for the day in the mix or on top after cooking
Seasonings to taste - garlic powder, onion powder, salt/pepper
- On medium-low heat, pre-heat a pan large enough to hold all the ingredients above. Spray or wipe pay with oil to prevent sticking
- Pour eggs in pan, them evenly arrange vegetables on top, add seasonings immediately.
- When egg on top begins to firm up, flip the whole thing. This will quickly cook the top and to prevent the bottom from burning or crisping up.
- Serve and enjoy.

This is great base recipe for a lot of dishes. Sometimes I'll even reduce the eggs and add low-fat ham or other meat to the dish.
nalaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #8  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ya know 4 whole eggs plus two whites sounds like a tremendous amount of food to me. I can't imagine eating all that in one sitting. Two scrambled eggs alone sometimes fills me up. For those of you who have have had it, is it alot? I hate to waste food
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hello. I am so glad you started this page because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on packets for recipes and use my packets solely as meals/snacks. Thank you.

On that I have been getting into lately is buffalo chicken dip or buffalo chicken salad. Take a can of chicken (or you could use the fresh if you like) and mix it with WF blue cheese dressing and Frank's buffalo sauce to taste. I just eye ball it and then sample.

I serve with celery sticks or over a salad with more WF dressing. Really good lately.

Another staple that I love to make is a pork chop with gravy. Take any veggies (celery, zuchinni, mushroom, cauliflower, brocolli, etc.) and sautee in a pan. Once soft, blend until a gravy like texture. Serve over pork chop. Delish!

Have you done Big Mac in a bowl? I was a huge fan of that for awhile but burned out.

Another one I can suggest is taking chicken breats/thighs, and baking with slices of tomatoes over the top with some italian seasoning. Stays moist.

When I think of more, I will add.
Does the WF blue cheese taste good?? I really like the thousand island.
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #10  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the egg suggestions. I love eggs and the seem to keep me feeling full much longer.
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I made it last night with the 4 whole and 2 white, plus grated zucchini and a handful of spinach, sprinkle of salt and pepper
Ate the whole thing!

I will make the egg and veggie bake a regular for dinnertime.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #12  

I do like the blue cheese and I like the TI as well. The other dressings were terrible in my opinion.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #13  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I discovered this sauce on one of the IP recipe sites, and it has become a staple. I've used it on chicken, fish and vegetables

2 tbsp WF pancake syrup
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp whole grain mustard

Mix it together and baste whatever!
shannonhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Ya know 4 whole eggs plus two whites sounds like a tremendous amount of food to me. I can't imagine eating all that in one sitting. Two scrambled eggs alone sometimes fills me up. For those of you who have have had it, is it alot? I hate to waste food
It is alot of egg.. but I ate it..
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

I like to make an egg and ground beef scramble with spinach. I split the 8 oz of protein as 2 eggs + 1 white and 4 oz ground beef. I season and fry the beef first, set to the side then I sautee 2 cups of spinach, set that to the side then scramble the eggs and mix it all together. I serve it with WF ketchup. I love this, can also use 4 oz lean ham- but I have a hard time finding ham without added sugar.

After reading this thread I might try it with shredded zucchini too!
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote