Old 08-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #1  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Default Beating myself up!

Ugh, just have to vent!

Today I went over plan on snacks - a boiled egg and an iso femme protein bar. I am beating myself up...and I have my first WI tomorrow! My scale said I was 222lbs (-8lbs) this morning, and now 224.2 (+2.4lbs) tonight after work. Can I fluctuate that much just with water weight??

Really dreading my weigh in for some reason now. I was really excited for an 8-10lbs loss by first week... I mean a loss is still a loss...but I just feel like I could have done better.

I just am struggling big time with in between meals. I just get so weak and yucky feeling I need something. Anyone else have this problem??? Is it ok to snack on extra protein? Somehow, the veggies just don't seem to cut it, and I am also getting sick of them already!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #2  

I don't do IP but I know with any diet, when you weigh later in the day you tend to weigh more. Anything you have eaten or had to drink during the day will show up on the scale (this is why I weigh before breakfast and my morning coffee and not again!)
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjb View Post
I don't do IP but I know with any diet, when you weigh later in the day you tend to weigh more. Anything you have eaten or had to drink during the day will show up on the scale (this is why I weigh before breakfast and my morning coffee and not again!)
Thanks! That made me feel better already
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #4  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Even the doctors say to weigh yourself the same time every day. I ALWAYS weigh in the mornings (after pee)(lol) and almost naked.. same time almost every day.. If I weighed myself that evening I usually fluctuate as much as 4 - 5 lbs... so once in the AM for me and thats it!

FrostyBobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Like FrostyBobber I can fluctuate 4-5lbs from morning to night. I always weigh in the morning first thing. If you are feeling hungry eat an extra un restricted pack to keep you going. It's better than reaching for something off plan and won't completely ruin your hard work. Good luck with your weigh in.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

During the first week, a hard boiled egg or two is okay if you are hungry. I don't know what an ISO fem bar is, but you would have probably been better off and just as satisfied if you had a second egg - or a couple of pickles. Pickles have save me from lots of disasters!
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Actually I purposely weigh in naked every morning....and again at night. I generally " gain" 3-4 lbs every day and when I get up the next day it is magically gone and sometimes more. This really helps me remember that the slightest thing ( lack of water or salt, heavier dinner, the big C) can affect your weight. It is the consistent overall week to week losses that matter most. This is not an overnight fix. Though I just started IP last month, prior to that it took me 4 years to lose the 50 lbs it took one year to gain....be patient you can do this!
Balanced Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #8  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

The first week was definitely the hardest, and don't forget to have some lettuce and salad dressing in between meals too. Pickles have also saved my life a couple of times. Good luck with your first weigh in!!
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #9  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I always weigh in the morning. It will always fluctuate during the day. You have done a great job in week 1. Congrats!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #10  

Thank you everyone for the support! I appreciate it! Will let you all know how the WI goes! And today I am going to really focus on eating only 1 restricted! It seems like most of the foods I have are restricted so its making it easier to just "forget" while planning! I need to stock up on pudding and RTD shakes!

And just an FYI an iso femme bar is a protein bar similar to the IP ones in nutriton stats. Bought them at walmart...bit more wallet friendly!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #11  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Thank you everyone for the support! I appreciate it! Will let you all know how the WI goes! And today I am going to really focus on eating only 1 restricted! It seems like most of the foods I have are restricted so its making it easier to just "forget" while planning! I need to stock up on pudding and RTD shakes!

And just an FYI an iso femme bar is a protein bar similar to the IP ones in nutriton stats. Bought them at walmart...bit more wallet friendly!
which one of the bars did you have? i looked online and the stats i found were for the chocolate decadent almond delight bar. the total calories are 160 with 60 fat calories. this is too high in fat to be a good IP alternative. I am pasting below something someone else posted that I find helpful. I hope it helps.

This is what I go by:
The basic guidelines for alternative products that match up with IP are:

-under 200 calories
-less than 30% calories from fat
-carbs within the restricted/unrestricted guidelines
8g or less net carbs = unrestricted
9g-16g net carbs = restricted
17g net carbs = super restricted (once or twice per week only)
more than 17g net carbs is too many to be compatible with p1
-at least 12-15g protein per serving

Restricted Items Discussion:
9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
which one of the bars did you have? i looked online and the stats i found were for the chocolate decadent almond delight bar. the total calories are 160 with 60 fat calories. this is too high in fat to be a good IP alternative. I am pasting below something someone else posted that I find helpful. I hope it helps.

This is what I go by:

-under 200 calories

9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.
I've never seen that before, thank you very much for posting! I immediately starting looking up the nutritrional info of the alternatives I use regularly. Whew, I'm in the clear!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post

This is what I go by:

-under 200 calories

It would be important to AMEND that first line to read - calories 160 or less for UNRESTRICTED and under 200 for RESTRICTED.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #14  

Default corrected version

-calories 160 or less for UNRESTRICTED
- calories under 200 for RESTRICTED.

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

-calories 160 or less for UNRESTRICTED
- calories under 200 for RESTRICTED.

V6

Thank you! I thought 200 was awfully high!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote