Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:28 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Fantabulous Friday

Starting the daily....BRB
Old 05-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All.

Hope you are all having a good start to your day.

Had a friend over for dinner last night as it was her birthday and her kids were with their dad. She helped me plant some daylillies and then she and CB taught me to play quarters (I'm such a lameo - I played with diet sprite). I can't believe I never heard of the game in college - I was such a nerd!

Nothing much planned for the weekend. I work tomorrow, CB's family is in town and I need to do a lot of yardwork.

What are your weekend plans?

Laura
Old 05-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Jess put me in for that Beatdown I hate "children" @ work

Hey Girls
Laura I cant even play quarters so you're ok sounds like a fun night and I love diet sprite
Thisis goign to be a quickie (don't you feel so cheap )
Bf took the day off so its CADDY DAY
ie we ride around in his classic caddy
OH! i cold called 2 pr firms this morning and sent them my resme woo wooo
I will pop by later
Love
Kier
Old 05-30-2003, 11:42 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies

I had a good night - went out to Chevy's with a friend (tex-mex restaurant) and probably ate too much but oh well! MMM strawberry margaritas. And then went to the gym! So I got all that accomplished & weighed in this morning only up .5 from 2 weeks ago, which is much better than it had been over the weekend!

This weekend, got a party to go to tonight (haven't been to a house party in a while, it should be .... interesting. And very cheap with the kegs. I feel like I'm back in college! Too bad I have to work at the crack of dawn tomorrow (8:30)... And then work tomorrow, and I think I'm going to head up to Chicago on Sunday to check out the Blues Festival. So I should be able to keep busy - hopefully I'll be able to find time to hit the gym at some point!

Laura -- quarters! I've only played once, but believe me, once was enough!!!

KO -- good luck on the jobs!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Sorry, I've been MIA. Had Wednesday off to study and then wrote my final Thursday morning and it didn't go to well. I've been on highs and lows over the past few days. Tuesday my older sister (in Virginia) announced she's having TRIPLETS!!! They'll be born around November and that's very exciting. Then after the stress of my final exam, I got back to my desk and found out that my grandfather had passed away in the night. He went at home peacefully and we are grateful for that. I spent the day with my grandmother and now that I know she's OK I can get on with things. I don't want to bring everyone down, so I'll get done some of the work I've been missing and check back in next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
KT
Old 05-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls, No time to post. Just thought I'd let you know we're having computer problems so I won't be around for awhile. I'll check in periodically from the library. Take care all!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:44 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

KT - I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your grandmother. And congratulations on becoming an auntie thrice over! I thought you mentioned a visit to Virginia this summer - will you see your sister then? I'm sure that you did much better on the final than you expected - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kier - any word on the job front? Good for you for having the cojones to chase companies that you are interested in.

Angie - Frozen strawberry margaritas....mmmmmm......wish I could have one at my desk!

Hi to all those MIA's - Kirsty, Jayne, JenL, Lexxy, etc, etc.

JenK - you lurking at all these days?

Laura
Old 05-30-2003, 02:44 PM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls I don't have a lot of time to post. Dh will be home in 20 minutes and the house is scary. He doens't really care but I will feel guilty that he's been working all day while I have been lazy. Needless to say I have enjoyed my relaxed day off. My sis and I rollerbladed this morning and I hit the library for some videos. Oh crap I forgot to check the workout videos for something interesting. Oh well maybe I will drag dh back tonight. Right now I am just watching "A wedding story" the couple is kinda cheezy but I continue to watch Well gotta go make the bed and stuff. I will talk to all of you on Monday! Everyone have good wknds!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:11 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

ooooppsss..... see below

Last edited by Jen-L; 05-30-2003 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone, I know I was missing for a long time, but things are very busy. Oh and 2 weeks ago I feel off the patio and sprained my ankle really bad. Not sure how it happened but I was walking down the steps and the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground in pain. It was not pretty!!! I was home alone with Kate too, so had to call hubby. He was worried I fell with Kate, but it was just me and the dog outside! Actually I was yelling at the dog because she was wandering into the neighbors yard.

I am attaching a pic of Emma and Kate that we took in the hospital. Hope you enjoy.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:20 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Jen! - I hope your ankle feels better soon. Thanks for the pict! They look so cute.
KT
Closed Thread