General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Default I hate you, skinny friend!!!!

I have to vent. I have a long time friend who I don't see to often.

We went downtown yesterday for the St. Patty's day parade. She had someone take a picture of us together. I specifically asked her NOT to post on facebook. See. she is about 5'9 maybe 135 lbs. MAYBE. My fiance actually calls her Skeletor. Bless him for loving my curves.

I felt sooo good yesterday. But I knew seeing a picture of myself next to her would put me in a funk. Sure enough she posts it!! And what makes it even worse, is she is halfway hiding behind me!!! So it makes her look even smaller and me bigger!!! I swear she did it on purpose.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I'm so sorry she did that. *hugs* I had a "friend" do something similar once. Took a picture when I was mid-sentence, making a silly face. I asked her to delete it. She refused. Then I asked her not to post it on facebook. She still did. I've asked her multiple times to take it down, and I even reported the picture to facebook, but they won't do anything about it.

I'd ask her again. If she really likes herself in that picture, ask her to crop you out.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

Calling her Skeletor behind her back is no worse than what she did...if she really did it to be malicious, which I doubt. Perhaps she thought you were joking about not posting. Simply ask her to take it down if it bothers you.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #4  

I can definitely understand your pain! I've had a few friends in the past that would do stuff like that to me, and honestly, I say 'in the past' for a reason. I don't know enough about yours to say this, but mine were 'toxic friends' - the kind of friends that toss out backhanded compliments (Wow that makeup is really pretty - you don't even look like yourself!) and it's fairly obvious that they're the type of insecure person who needs to keep you around to feel better about themselves. No thank you!

I do agree with novangel, though. Putting HER down to make yourself feel better is the exact same thing. Tell her how you feel about the photo and ask her to take it down. If she doesn't, then maybe she's not the best kind of friend to have.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

I think she probably did it on purpose. I have had friends that do stuff like that too. You have a right to not want pictures of you on facebook. She sounds catty.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday115 View Post
I think she probably did it on purpose. I have had friends that do stuff like that too. You have a right to not want pictures of you on facebook. She sounds catty.
^^^^ This. And I'd be pi$$ed, esp. since you asked specifically. I feel bad that I don't know how to help you but for me, it would turn into a big fight and she'd win since she has the "ammo". Some might think it's a silly fight, not me. It's YOUR picture and you should get a say in it, nevermind that you asked before it even went up.

I don't do Facebook as I prefer to live off the grid but it stresses me out just to think of what you are going through.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #7  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I only used to put face pictures on facebook, but my family and friends would occasionally post full body shots and tag me. I know that if u have been tagged u can in tag yourself so at least it doesn't tie the pic to your page.
Maybe she did it on purpose or maybe she doesn't see your weight as a big deal and just wanted to share the fact that u too had a great time with everyone. But since u don't appreciate it just ask her to take it down.

Years ago like (15) before all this social media stuff my cousin took this picture of me laying down no bra, makeup from the night before all smeared of me, well I just took a very unflattering photo of her. She then got the point and stopped showing my pic to friends.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't be friends with someone who couldn't respect my clearly stated wishes (i.e. do not post this on fb)
Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

1. Change your FB settings so even if someone tags you, it doesn't show up on YOUR profile.

2. Ask her why she did that when you specifically asked her not to? What would her response be?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

I would ask her to take it down and if she does not do so, unfriend her. If she posts when you asked her not to, and then refuses to take it down, she is not a friend.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I don't think 5'9 and 135 makes her 'skeletor' . That sounds like a perfectly healthy weight to me and your fiance might not enjoy her shape but I'm sure a lot of people do just as people prefer heavier women. Just seems like some of the things you said are to make yourself feel better about not being her size like 'I may not be her size but I have curves!!'. I just don't enjoy women on women hate especially when it sounds like it comes from jealously. If you truely hate the picture untag yourself or report the image
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #12  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

While I understand your rant is about her putting up the facebook pic, there's another side to the conversation which Cherry brings up.

I have a friend who is around 100 lbs (who doesn't want to be), and people say nasty things to her all the time because she is too skinny. It hurts just as much as when people call us fatties and whatnot.

No one deserves to be called names or insulted based upon their looks.

Last edited by Vex; 03-17-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Ditto what CherryQuinn and Vex said. Couldn't have said better!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #14  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I would ask her to take it down and if she does not do so, unfriend her. If she posts when you asked her not to, and then refuses to take it down, she is not a friend.
This. I have unfortunately been in your shoes. Ask her privately to take it down while reminding her you had specifically requested she not post it. If she won't, comment on the photo about being angry that she posted it even after you asked her not to, and that she refused to remove it after you asked her to. Sometimes people only respond to things when you shame them where others can see how rude they are being. Then, seriously consider why you think this toxic person is counted among your friends when she is obviously not acting like one.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

It probably wasn't malicious. It most likely was solely about showing the world you had a good time. I went on the vacation of a lifetime with some great friends this summer. I HATED every photo taken of me. But I knew that my friends were taking them because I was part of their memories. Just look at it as a benchmark for future progress.

I understand the agony in seeing these photos. But that's coming from you and your insecurities alone. Your friends aren't out to get you.

And yes, don't think of her as "skeletor". She may be insecure about her body, regardless of size.
Closed Thread