A Manicure/ Pedicure 1 11.11%
A Certificate To A Spa 1 11.11%
A New Outfit 0 0%
Just A Phone Call Will Make Me Smile 3 33.33%
None Of The Above/I'm Not A Mom 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#11)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #10 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #3  

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!

This is for all the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's OK honey, Mommy's here." when they keep crying and won't stop.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for all the mothers who froze their buns off on metal bleachers at football or soccer games Friday night instead of watching from cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the World," and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet like a tired 2-year old who wants ice cream before dinner.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the mothers who wanted to but just couldn't. For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead. This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for all mothers whose heads turn automatically when a little voice calls " Mom ?" in a crowd, even though they know their own off spring are at home.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips sometimes until they bleed--when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.

What makes a good Mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

Or is it heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

The need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying? For all the mothers of the victims of all these school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting. For the mothers of the Survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

This is for mothers who put pinwheels and teddy bears on their children's graves.

This is for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation. And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers. Single mothers and married Mothers. Mothers with money, mothers without.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:56 AM   #4  

Beautiful Sherry. Thanks. Way to go on the weightloss. Keep it up.

Shelley that is great. Journaling always helps me too. Don't know why I don't always do it.

Debbie reading your daily plan brought tears to my eyes. I know you must be wondering "why" Well you see my favorite grandmother was in the hospital for a few weeks and we all went to see her every day. She really wasn't doing that bad. They were going to send her home soon. She was just in with a flu and a med adjustment. Well on Motner's Day she walked down the hospital hall and called Mom. She said that she was doing fantastic and that her brother and wife was visiting and that we didn't need to come today, tomorrow would be fine. She died later that night on mother's day. I know my mom feels guilty about taking the day off with her kids and grand kids. That would have been the last visit. That was 15 years ago. I am so glad that you are visiting your mom. Grandma's death was the one death that was the hardest for me.

Enough of that depressing stuff on Mother's Day.
I hope the Best for everyone of you today.
Dez is working this morning til 2:00. She started at 5:30 am. She sent me 12 email cards so that she would be here in spirt......cute. Jay is at the lake with his girl friend. He will be home in time for us all to go out to Montana's for supper. There will be 11 of us. Mom and Dad have been visiting her sister. They will get home later this afternoon. I have a stack of gifts on the table to open. And there is one just in front of me now outside the window. Dez bought me a ceramic hand crafted bird feeder from Vietnam. It is a cobolt blue dish with a birdie on top. I just love it.
Well I better run, I promised Larry I would meet him in the shower.....lol The we are having flaming crepes made by your's truely chef Larry. Hopefully he will be clothed by then so his hairy chest won't catch fire.

Better go he is waiting.

I hope a very good day for all my friends.
Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:03 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Happy Mother's Day to all my Floozie Friends!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #6  

HAPPY ...HAPPY ....MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY FRIENDS..

Gayle....LMAO about the W.OZ and MIL that probably was her going by. Haven't seen her for a few days.

Sherry...You know how much I love the MIL and I don't won't to ruin my car by having her in it...Be nice...I want to enjoy the car...

We have had some Tornado's in Ky over nite and boy has it been wild..wild...weather all week for everyone...

Keep safe,dry and SMILE....

Love YOU ALL

Vicki
Old 05-12-2003, 07:58 AM   #7  

Good Mornin'

I hope that all of you Mom's had a wonderful Mother's Day! I sure did!! I think this was one of my best one's!!

Chris gave me 1/4 carrot diamond earrings, absolutely beautiful, and a beautiful card.Drew made his card and I will always cherish it. Both boys took me for a chinese lunch. I relaxed and didn't do much cleaning!!

I guess that I'm a good Mom afterall.Sometimes I wonder since I fuss so much!

My Brother & I gave my Mom flowers & money (so she could buy some clothes) and I cleaned her house while they were gone to the beach.

I've got to get to work.....More Tonight......
Have a great OP day!!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:57 PM   #8  

Belated Happy Mothers' Day to all you Floozie Moms!
I'm not one, so I just have to give all the wishes away. Maybe someday.....

I am facing a delimma. One of those choices has come up that I need prayers for. I am faced with a choice of career vs. possible (future) family. There is a job opening within the state, but on the opposite corner which I have been told that I "really need" to apply for. If I get the job, however, it may mean giving up my fiance (he has already told me that under no circumstances will he EVER move from where he lives right now). On the one hand, I really want this job, because I have always been very independent, and I like the idea of being financially secure on my own ($60k/year earning w/in next 4-5 years). On the other hand, I'm 27-yrs-old and would really like to start a family w/in the next 3 yrs. I love my fiance, but I don't know if I want to give up "my life" because he refuses to move with me.

I know that ultimately, this is a decision that I'll have to make on my own. I just needed to hash it out. Of course, I may not even GET the job if I apply for it, and be worrying about nothing (I am prone to do that ) It's just a lot to think about right now!!

Anyway, if y'all are interested, I'll keep you updated. Thanks for "listening."

Cheryl
Old 05-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Cheryl, do you feel that this is really the man that you want to spend the rest of your life with? Will you resent him if you make the decision not to move? If the shoe was on the other foot, do you love him enough to move if he had the offer? All of this is worth considering. I once made a bad career move and turned down a great job offer all because my THEN husband did not want me to take it. We later divorced and I have regretted not having the "balls" to stand up for myself and take the job when it was offered. You could always send in a resume, then if it was offered, make the decision. What would it hurt? BTW: You are still young enough that kids could come later, I had my last one at 36 years old. Good luck with your decision!

Sher: Boy, you must be a special mommy! Diamond earrings, W@W!!!! Allision gave me a new painting brush that I wanted and some oil paints. Liz gave me a "to small" shirt and a pair of sandals. Funny that it worked out that she really likes the shirt and it is "just her size"!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 02:23 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl - I totally agree with Gayle. Make sure this is the guy you definitely want to spend the rest of your life with. Quite frankly, if he isn't willing to compromise a little for you, I don't think he's much worth it...just MHO, though...
Old 05-12-2003, 06:46 PM   #11  
Carol

Hello All:

Yes I am still alive and well. I don't know what my problem is about posting, but after a long day at work on the computer I am lucky to log on and check my emails. I used to be a really computer nut. On it for hours. Now I don't take the time. Sorry guys for being a party poop!!

Sherry, Debbie & Gayle: I know how you worry about me when I don't post. You think I just blew it and am ashamed to come back and let you all know... but.... I DID NOT BLOW IT. It has been 24 days OP for me!!!! I have been very good girls.

I have lost a total of 12 lbs since I started OP on 4/18/03!

Sherry: I am proud of you for staying OP for so long. You are inspiring.. Also, I agree with the other gals. Probably nothing to worry about, just get that mamagram done so you don't have to worry anymore!!

Debbie: How is Mom doing? And James? (see I got his name right!)

To the rest of my floozie friends. If I can do it, anyone can!! Believe me!!! It is true!!

Hugs
Carol
Old 05-12-2003, 07:46 PM   #12  

Carol,

Whew...That was close! I was packing my bags & heading to Ohio to find you!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the 12 lbs!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy & proud of you!!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #13  

Debbie.............It's ok that you stayed the same this week! 14 lbs. total so far is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:38 PM   #14  

Jennelle.........WTG on the 12 lbs!!!! You're doing awsome!!! I'm happy for you!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:04 PM   #15  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Sherry...I love the floating Stars!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. About 8.30 yesterday morning my Dad called and told me not to plan on visiting Mom at the hospital for Mother's Day. My heart sank as he told me he was getting ready to go pick her up to come home. What a great gift from her doctors!! So after having lunch with my kids, we went for a short visit at Mom and Dad's. Mom is doing so great, thank you all for your prayers! God is good!!

Sherry.....We are in for the count-down now!!! Only 7 & 1/2 more days!! I am so ready for this school year to be over. And ready for sand in the crack too...LOL

Carol...Drum Roll Please!!! WTG!! Girly!! I always knew you could do it!! I'm so proud of you!!

Jennelle....WTG!! 12 pounds is awesome!! I think we are truely a weigh-loss thread now...LOL.

Cheryl.....I agree with everyone esle, apply for the job and then make your decision. If this guy is the one for you, things will work out.

Gayle...Funny about that shirt. Sounds like my daughter at that age, but the shirt and sandals would have been her size...LOL.

Dee....That is so sad about your grandmother. Everytime I leave Grannymom's I cry all the way home. It just upsets me so much, it's has if she is just sitting there waiting to die. I know that day will come and I know that I won't be ready to give her up.

Love to all my floozie friends!! This week things {should} slow down for me, I'll try to post more.

Hugs...Debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 05-12-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Closed Thread