Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun February 2-3, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
[URL="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 02-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #2  

I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my 7 am flight to FL via Atlanta for a long weekend.

All my packets are packed I'm ready!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my 7 am flight to FL via Atlanta for a long weekend.

have fun lovely lady and enjoy the sunshine
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Have a great time! What part of Florida?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Lisa have a great weekend!

Rainbow! We were wondering what happened to you

Getting ready to get the kids to swimming class, then hubby needs to run to Fall River (next city over) to take some photos for a class, then the big and little boys get haircuts! My mother in law gave me fabric-cutting homework so I'll be a cutting maniac tonight after the kids go to bed Tomorrow is church and then to MIL's for a Superbowl/quilting party! (Envy my wild and crazy life, go ahead! LOL) I don't worry at all about staying OP when we go to MIL's, I've got a few veggie converts there and they all have been SO encouraging through my weight loss. I'll pack my veggies and MIL will be setting aside some chicken for me to prepare my way.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
have fun lovely lady and enjoy the sunshine
Hey Rainbow, I read your post about coming to Vermont with interest. I used to go to Norton every day when I worked with home health. I have been harassed by border patrol as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Lisa- Hope you have a blast this weekend!

We woke up to a fresh blanket of snow this morning. It's so beautiful. This is the first time this winter that the grass isn't poking through the snow. This has been the strangest winter for us. Tuesday was 60 degrees, and yesterday morning it was 6 degrees
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Have a great trip, and great planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Getting ready to get the kids to swimming class, then hubby needs to run to Fall River (next city over) to take some photos for a class, then the big and little boys get haircuts! My mother in law gave me fabric-cutting homework so I'll be a cutting maniac tonight after the kids go to bed Tomorrow is church and then to MIL's for a Superbowl/quilting party! (Envy my wild and crazy life, go ahead! LOL) I don't worry at all about staying OP when we go to MIL's, I've got a few veggie converts there and they all have been SO encouraging through my weight loss. I'll pack my veggies and MIL will be setting aside some chicken for me to prepare my way.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Sounds like a busy weekend. My kids have swimming lessons too, but no quilting for me! I don't know that I would have the patience required.

I got a great camera on cyber Monday, so I'm curious about the photo class. Is it local or online? I'm looking for a great online photography class, if anyone has any recommendations!

Going to make some of those great zucchini cookies today!

Peaked at the scale today and down another 2 lbs! I just had my weigh in in Thursday and lost 4.4lbs, so I really wasn't expecting that! I'm flying through the 260s and can't believe I'm approaching the 250s. I haven't been there since my wedding in 2000!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #9  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Have a great trip! I'm counting the days (7!!!) til I head out myself for more diving and taking underwater photos. I'll be organizing my food and supplements for the trip this weekend.

We're also digging through our storage room this weekend, with 18+ years of "stuff" to divest ourselves of before our big move in the next few months.

I've been pretty tied up with everything going on here, so I don't get to check in on the computer much these days. I'm still staying OP and taking one day at a time, although my weight loss at this point is abysmally slow. I figure it has to show up on the scale sooner or later, and I'm not phasing off until the new black slacks I bought fit really well (and I figure that's going to be about another 10 pounds).

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Well Ladies,

My Hunger pains are GONE!! I complained on Thursday's daily thread that I wanted to eat everything in sight. What a difference 1 day made. I'm feeling very confident. I can't wait for my first WI on Monday. I know i've lost weight already, I can feel it in my not so comfortable polyester work pants. lol I tried the Big Mac in the bowl last night... Delish.. I have left overs so I'll be eating that again tonight.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post

I got a great camera on cyber Monday, so I'm curious about the photo class. Is it local or online? I'm looking for a great online photography class, if anyone has any recommendations!

Going to make some of those great zucchini cookies today!

Peaked at the scale today and down another 2 lbs! I just had my weigh in in Thursday and lost 4.4lbs, so I really wasn't expecting that! I'm flying through the 260s and can't believe I'm approaching the 250s. I haven't been there since my wedding in 2000!
Congrats on the loss!!

My husband is actually completing his Associates degree in Graphic design, so photography and photo editing are just part of the degree program. But if you have a local college or high school that offers Adult/Continuing education, they may offer something for photography that will help give you the basics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Well Ladies,

My Hunger pains are GONE!! I complained on Thursday's daily thread that I wanted to eat everything in sight. What a difference 1 day made. I'm feeling very confident. I can't wait for my first WI on Monday. I know i've lost weight already, I can feel it in my not so comfortable polyester work pants. lol I tried the Big Mac in the bowl last night... Delish.. I have left overs so I'll be eating that again tonight.
Nice! It's amazing when ketosis kicks in
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #12  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

The curse is hopefully over!! *Finds some wood to knock on*. For those that don't remember, I've been gaining three, losing two, gaining five, losing three, etc. for the last two months. This morning's weigh in is the lowest i've been since starting IP Alts. I sure hope my body's back on track! It's been a very frustrating few months!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #13  

Quote:
Well Ladies,

That's great! Week one is so hard, I don't think I have ever been that hungry (thanks to instant gratification) keep up the good work!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #14  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

You make me wanna break out in song every day Lisa

"All my IP bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standin' here outside your door, I hate to wake you up to say goodbye... "

Have a great long weekend!!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #15  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Well Ladies,

We hate to say "We told you so...." Thanks for posting though so other newbies WILL believe us
Closed Thread