Old 09-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Default Losing Weight! Losing motivation... :(

Mostly weighloss is something that excites me to keep going! To lose more weight! I get excited to see my figure getting smaller, and fitting into smaller sizes, and being physically more fit! Usually it's great but...

Sometimes I feel so happy about the changes that I see from my success that it almost feels like it's good enough (though I KNOW that it's nowhere near enough!)

I remember a time when I saw the weight that I am now and freaked out BIG time becasue I was sooooo huge, and now I look at myself and think, wow, that dress looks pretty good on me! (this now being my weight post a 25 lbs loss). I remember a time when I was 23 pounds lighter than I am now (that's 59 lbs lighter than my heaviest!) and was sooooo shocked that I let myself get this way! But now I'm feeling so confident in my current weight, that I find it difficult to motivate myself to workout and eat right!

So... question...

Does anyone else out there sometimes use the weightloss that they've achieved as an excuse to take it easy?
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Me. I lost a pant size, was down 20 pounds and felt super hot. I would see myself in a mirror and be like "I look hella good!" This lead me to become slack on my weight loss journey even tho I know I had farther to go.

3 months later and 5 pounds heavier, I am back up a size and kicking myself for not taking it seriously.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #3  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

i honestly think this is part of the process.

i think we all do it- nobody just POWERS THROUGH. we all get excited, confident, go out a little more to show our new bods, indulge in a little something extra, take it too easy and BAM.

i think part of the process is to learn to indulge only occasionally, and not all the time- and that may be part of learning maintenance once we get there!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #4  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

I have never been as small as I am now, so it's strange for me. I look at myself and think, "I look really good right now. I can't possibly get any smaller than this." I don't know what I will look like skinny, because I've never been skinny, so I can't imagine it. It feels impossible. I still want to lose weight, but part of me thinks it won't actually change my figure at all, because I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO BE skinny.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote