Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 2 (09/03-09/09)

Please continue to use week one chat thread until Monday. Thanks I'm just posting early as I'll be out of town with no Internet.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team Total Lost: 38.5 lbs. as a team or 0.73%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: angie7896 (-4 lbs., -2.20%)

Honorable Mentions:

karenp1120 (-2.8 lbs., -1.92%)
missjean (-5 lbs., -1.67%)
t0rn (-4.6 lbs., -1.46%)

Congratulations to all the losers ! We had a great week 1 ! Well done angie7896.... you rocked it !

Here's to keeping up the momentum for week 2 !

Oops... I closed the week 1 chat thread a little early... please feel free to post on this thread now.

Last edited by LeslieB; 09-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #3  

It looks like we are off to a really good start.

Leslie, you are going to be so busy with the move the time will pass by pretty quickly. The separation is hard but the reunion is ooh la la.

Well I did pretty good with my eating this week my exercise was almost nonexistent. I hope I can do a little better this week. This week will be a bit of a challenge. My sister will be coming to visit this week so that will be my challenge for the week. Fortunately she and her husband are health conscious so I should be ok other than my routine being off.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #4  

Great job everyone! So so excited to have an honorable mention! It's incredibly motivating, I'm already excited for next week because I know I'm going to stick to it every minute of every day because this feels way too good.

Evangeline, having family around definitely puts a damper on routine, wishing you the best of luck this coming week!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #5  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations to Angie, Karen, Missjean & Torn for being our biggest losers this week . Well done to all, what an amazing loss for the team overall.

Leslie EofAZ is right, the time will simply fly past. I'm sure you will have a beautiful reunion in spring...such a lovely time of year

EofAZ I'm glad your sister and hubby are health conscious, that will make things a bit easier for you. I hope you enjoy your time with them.

Missjean it is a great feeling being one of the biggest loses isn't it. Keep up the great work

I went IKEA shopping on Saturday and it's not exactly flat pack heaven lol. They delivered 47 packs!!! I purchased 4 large wardrobes that my son and I are now having to put together and fit. I have no idea what I was thinking The house is in shambles and I can't get to anything. I can however see how good it is going to look once complete, very nice indeed

My exercise was slack this week as was my meal skipping. My goal is to eat at least 3 meals everyday and to finishes reading new rules of lifting for women. I also need more weights. Can't wait to finish so I can start the program! I can't recall who mentioned it in one of the chat threads, but thank you
Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #6  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Blue Team!!!!

Congrats to our Biggest Losers of the week! Well done folks!!!!!

Today's Labor Day. For everyone participating in cookouts, don't forget about your long term goals of getting healthy. Enjoy but don't overindulge!

I've got an NSV to share with the group! This morning I was noticing that the cellulite on the backs of my thighs is going away! All the running and cycling is definitely helping in that aspect! It's so nice to see some visual results finally!!!! That made my morning!

Have a fabulous Monday!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #7  

Happy Monday Blue Team !

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have personal training today at 1 then going to visit some friends for the evening. I've never been one for knowing how to write things down properly but I have to say I read all of our Team posts and I read your blogs. You all inspire me greatly and I'm in awe of all your wonderful stories ! It definitely keeps me motivated ! Thank you Blue Team !
Old 09-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/229/?

Congratulations! Looking forward to a successful week for everyone!

I met with a personal trainer today, for the first time. She and I are going to meet every 2 weeks. So I hope by the end of this challenge I will see some results.

My best to everyone!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #9  
Starting over...again!

Hellooooooooooo Blue Team!

I hope everyone's having a wonderfully healthy day! Now that I can run a mile, I've decided to give Couch to 5K a shot again. I have tried it in the past but didn't get very far. But now I am more motivated than ever to become a runner! I downloaded the C25K app today and just got back from it. It's tough, there's no denying it. But I survived the first day. Yippee! I will do this!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #10  

CONGRATULATIONS to angie7896 for being our BIGGEST LOSER and to karen1120, missjean, and t0rn for honorable mentions that's awesome you guys rocked the first week.

Big congrats to everyone who lost this week....great job BLUE TEAM

Just got back from my mini vacation and have to unpack and get ready for work tomorrow. I've been on holidays for two weeks and really don't want to go back. But I do enjoy the paycheck so I guess I'd better go.

Well congrats again everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #11  

So today I ate some ice cream... which is no big deal considering I’m trying to go by the whole ‘moderation, not deprivation’ rule, but I honestly don’t think I’ll be doing that again. It just wasn’t worth it. Sure, it tasted delicious, but a little later on when I went to work out I could just… feel it? I’m not sure if I was imagining that or what but it felt like I was going to puke just doing some jumping jacks, and that doesn’t normally happen. Throughout the whole workout I just felt sluggish and gross, and I’m sure it has something to do with that indulgence. Anyone else experience stuff like this?
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #12  
Starting over...again!

Good morning Blue Team!!!!!

MissJean - I totally understand how you feel! I love ice cream. It's a big weakness of mine. But when I eat sugary, unhealthy stuff (like ice cream) my body is more tired and I am less energetic. It boggles my mind how that can happen. After all, isn't ice cream a bunch of sugar and milk? In my mind I think "eat sugar for that sugar rush and be energetic" but in reality it doesn't seem to work that way. I haven't had ice cream in a while now, and I don't miss it (at the moment). Now Reese cups on the other hand.... *sigh* Sadly I can't have those anymore.

I hope everyone has a great and productive Monday on a Tuesday today. It may be a four day work week but I have no doubt I'll have to cram 40 hours of work into those four days. Yay fun.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

MissJean-
I know what you mean about the ice cream! I count calories so every calorie needs to have some kind of nutritional value... for a while I was having a little ice cream at night. It fit into my calorie budget so I thought it would be OK. Well, it wasnt. I was really sluggish and hungry! The amount of calories it is wasnt worth it.

Im so excited to be the biggest loser for week 1! Congrats to the blue team! We did awesome!

I hope to lose this week but it is that dreaded TOM for me... At least I know I will hit the gym hard. It helps me get rid of cramps!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #14  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Blue Team. Just checking in but will be back later. Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #15  

Good Wednesday morning Blue Team !

How is your week going so far? It's been good on this end... I signed up for a new group therapy starting next week and I got in touch with a friend yesterday about joining a fun Friday workout group. Getting proactive about my health again which feels good.

Now I'm on my way to Las Vegas for a few days. I'm meeting my in-laws down there... should be lots of fun.

Have a great rest of the week team!

Sharing my favorite breakfast smoothie recipe:

1 package vanilla protein shake powder
1 1/2 cups cold water
1/2 cup ice
1 tbsp. peanut butter (I use the all natural one with a touch of honey in it)
1 Starbucks via package
1 package no calorie sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla powder
1 tbsp. cocoa powder (I make sure to get the really good stuff... it's worth it!)

Blend all and enjoy ! Delicious !

Last edited by LeslieB; 09-05-2012 at 12:24 PM.