Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5'6"

Default inspiring reads?

hi.

i'm not sure what this thread should be on, but i like the idea of being in control. so i picked this board for my question

i love to read. due to that fact, i would think weight loss books would be helpful to me. as many as i have read, nothing has hit home. well, until i started reading a free book i downloaded on my kindle.

it's called "Get In Touch With Your Thinner Self". it has made a very positive impact on me. i like that it's not all the same old same old diet tips. this book approaches weight loss from a psychological point of view. i think about 95% of my difficulties in losing weight is what's running around in my head. due to this book, i have started a positivity journal, and am FINALLY recording everything i eat.

so i thought i would ask if anyone else has found books/magazines/any type of reading matter that has inspired them. i would love to find more good reads that may be helpful in my struggle. i know what's right and what's not, as far as what i should be eating. it's putting it into practice...it's so hard!!
starryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #2  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

I have found my people--readers! I haven't found a ton (pun not intended) of books that inspired me yet, but I am starting out with weight-loss memoirs to see if they can help. Someone recommended to me Half-Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir, written by a woman who lost 186 lbs. I am excited to start reading that, as well as The Weight Loss Diaries by Courtney Rubin. I have read some of her articles in Shape magazine and really liked her writing voice. I hope some other people have some more recommendations!
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephyy View Post
Hello starryblu,

nice to meet a fellow reader . I'll search for that book, thanks for the tip!

If you'd like some more reads and weight loss inspiration, you can visit my blog and check out my weight loss transformation at thethinspired.blogspot.com
I just started and I try to update it daily with more tips & tricks.

Good luck with your goals,

Stephyy!

Stephyy,

I've found quite a few free downloads about weight loss. some are just fad-type books, but i have gotten quite a few good ideas from what i've been reading. i sort of pick and choose what makes sense to me.

thanks for telling me about your blog!! i'm looking forward to reading it

good luck to you!!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbookworm View Post
I have found my people--readers! I haven't found a ton (pun not intended) of books that inspired me yet, but I am starting out with weight-loss memoirs to see if they can help. Someone recommended to me Half-Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir, written by a woman who lost 186 lbs. I am excited to start reading that, as well as The Weight Loss Diaries by Courtney Rubin. I have read some of her articles in Shape magazine and really liked her writing voice. I hope some other people have some more recommendations!
awesome, thank you so much for the suggestions! i like the idea of reading memoirs, that's not something that has occurred to me before. i'm hoping there will be others that post as well. books are so helpful for me.

Readers Rock!!