Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 3 (05/14-05/20)

Blue Team Total Lost: 24 lbs. as a team or 0.48%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: retiredone (-2.5 lbs., -1.50%)

Honorable Mentions:

ak812 (-2.6 lbs, -1.38%)
tkkoz (-3.3 lbs, -1.29%)
qtapostolic (-2.4 lbs, -1.21%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! Let's have a great week 3 !
Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #2  

Good morning Bluesers !

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and weekend. I had a pretty stressful week overall. This is a new week and it's going to be a great one ! Let's start this out with a good Monday.

Inspiration of the Day: Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - Anonymous
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Yay, Blue team! Another win this week!!
Congrats to retiredone, and to ak812, tkkoz, and qtapostolic!!

Started the week off with a 3.4 mile walk in the glorious sunshine. This isn't normal weather for Seattle, so I want to soak it up while it's here!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to rock this week to another win!

LeslieB I hope your week is better than last!

Last edited by emilyk; 05-14-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #4  

Had a very sick dog on Saturday Reyna (as boxer) is doing better but the vet didn't really figure out what caused her to be sick but treated her to stop her retching. I’m concerned that we may not have heard the end to this yet. She is supposed to go back into the vet on Wednesday for a follow-up. Right now she isn’t allowed to have anything to eat but chicken and brown rice. My daughter came in Sunday and asked if I was fixing dinner in the crockpot … no just dog food.

Yah, the weekend could have been just a little more stress free. My Mother’s Day gift from my 13 yo granddaughter was to decide to sneak out with her friends while she was staying at grandma’s Saturday night. What she wasn't counting on was Grandma and the old "early to bed early to rise" I was up folding laundry before she made it back to the house. Not sure who was shocked more.

I head to AZ on vacation next week to visit my youngest daughter. While I’m there I should find out if I’m getting another Granddaughter or a Grandson. Also an opportunity to bond and play with my youngest granddaughter, should be fun.

Go Blue Team!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi there Blue Team friends. Wow! We did it again. Well done, way to go, and all that stuff. ak812, tkkoz, and qtapostolic you were all so close and really knocked that weight loss out of the park. I've never been the biggest loser before and it has spurred me on to keep up this week.

I had a rather difficult weekend for eating because of my BIL's funeral and all the food that went along with it. My SIL's frig, cupboards and counter tops were full of food and she was urging everyone to eat as some of the food was perishable and there was no more room in the frig. I did pretty well with a few sandwiches until I encountered the donuts. I haven't had a donut in maybe 2 years and I should have kept it that way. Those things are big. Oh, well, I'll probably go another 2 years without one. There was also a particularly tasty rice krispy cookie/bar with lovely gooey caramel stuff keeping the krispies together and a chocolate icing top. I only had one. I just felt really full and never ate anything later on that evening. I woke up around 3 am really hungry but didn't get up and eat. By breakfast I was really looking for something substantial so I ate soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast.

EofAZ, hope your dog is doing much better. And congrats on the new baby coming your way.

Leslie & Emily, I'm right with you for a good week. Let's make it a hat trick!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #6  

Good afternoon Bluesers !

Emily - That walk sounds awesome... isn't this weather we're having amazing.... hope it continues for a little while longer.

Evangeline - Hope your dog is feeling better. Bad granddaughter !! Rotten kids ! What a great vacation to look forward to... you're going to have a wonderful time.

Isabella - Congratulations on being biggest loser ! Certainly was a rough week for you but you hung in there ! Here's to a great week 3 !

I got to the gym this morning and did a Zumba class... didn't have personal training today due to seeing the 20/20 doctor for a 10 week evaluation. Despite my horrid week last week my evaluation went very well. It's been exactly a year since hubby and I started the program and here are my numbers so far:

Lbs. Lost - 134
Inches Lost - 69.75

It's been a pretty amazing year... can't wait to find out what this next year brings !

Have a great evening all !
Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #7  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

yay Blue Team!!
Isabella
ak812 & tkkoz
yesterday and today have been crazy busy for me... went to see my mom after church yesterday. She had just got back from her honeymoon in CA and had gifts for everyone, I got a shell with a pearl in it, I popped it out and put it in the pretty lil' necklace that came with it
I think the baby is sick, I hardly got sleep last night, then ran like a mad woman all over town getting stuff done. I managed to get in a walk but I ate a hot dog at my daughter's track meet and I'm not sure how many cals were in it. I guess it's not a big deal since I've hardly ate anything today cuz of the running. I'm not even hungry now, just thirsty, it's really warm out!
I have to get more stuff done so the kids will be ready for school tomorrow, hoping to catch up on personals tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hi Blues!!

I have to concur with Emily & Leslie - the weather here has been unnaturally nice this past weekend & today. I am SO hoping it lasts just a little bit longer ... having a tease of 80 degree temps and nice warm sun will make going back to rainy gray skies very hard.

The bf forgot to hide the scale yesterday so I weighed myself this morning & think I may be starting the slow upward crawl related to TOM. It's due this Saturday but I'm already feeling crampy & a bit bloated.

In good news, I may be getting a shift change at work that means I'll work 7-3 instead of 10-6. My commute is kind of tough in the evenings & this will give me much more time at home in the late afternoon/evening. It's not set in stone yet but I'm really crossing my fingers that it comes through! It will also mean my own classroom (right now I'm in a kind of "portable" one ... everything's on wheels and has to be rolled into a corner every Friday), a bigger group of kids, and becoming an official lead teacher. Kind of scary, but also exciting! Also feeling a bit of guilt, however, at leaving my current co-teacher behind. Add to that the fact that another employee wants the lead teacher position in the new room & it's even more guilt! Oh well, I'm trying to think about what's best for me in this situation and moving to this new classroom will greatly improve my life!

Leslie - So sorry to hear your last week was stressful. With weather like this, though, I know you will have a GREAT week this time around. I know I've said this before, but your progress & accomplishments (134lbs in a year!!) are so impressive and I'm glad to have you as a team leader.

emilyk - I totally know what you mean about this weather! I'm so glad you're getting a chance to enjoy it - it just makes the world a happier place, I swear. Hope you get to soak up even more sun tomorrow!

EofAZ - Not cool that your granddaughter pulled that on you, especially on Mother's Day! At least you have a wonderful vacation to look forward to. Best wishes to your daughter & the new grandbaby! And of course many well wishes to your dog; I hope she starts feeling better very soon.

Isabella - Congratulations! You rocked the challenge last week & your title as Biggest Loser of the week is well-deserved. Very proud of you. I'm also so sorry about the passing of your BIL. My thoughts & prayers are with your family in this sad time. As always, make sure you take good care of yourself!

Kelly - Congrats to you for the honorable mention! You worked unbelievably hard last week & your results were very impressive. Good job! Hope that little baby of yours starts feeling better very soon!

Keep going strong, ladies!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #9  

Happy Tuesday Bluesers !

Today has been a good day so far... the sun is shining once again in the Pacific Northwest and I've been a productive little beaver. Got a bunch of the "gotta do it when I get around to it" stuff this morning and now should have a pretty quiet afternoon. Will take some 'me' time to read some of my poor neglected book. We have dinner with some friends this evening which may be a bit challenging... we're going for Italian. I can always find something on plan but find Italian and Chinese to be the most challenging.

Kelly - Hope the baby is feeling better today and you're able to slow down a bit.

Amanda - Thank you for the kind words.... these challenges are great fun ! Hope your bloated feeling goes away quickly. The new position sounds good for you... exciting news !

Have a great day team !

Inspiration of the Day: It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. - Jillian Michaels

Last edited by LeslieB; 05-15-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Just a drive by, sorry!
My pathology report came back normal. yay. Doc said it’s almost certainly not cancer, but they want me to repeat ct scan in 2-3 months to check for change to be on the safe side. yay. Maybe now my nervous eating will diminish.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Happy Wednesday, team! Hope you all are doing very well.

The morning over here has been a tad stressful - almost late to work, have to "roll up" my classroom this evening, have to babysit this weekend & the road I usually take there is closed ... ah! I think my stress/general crankiness is more to do with PMS than anything else but I'm just so freaking annoyed by every little thing today. Ugh!

I'm also annoyed with myself because I have not been able to drag myself out of bed early enough to work out in the mornings. I've been telling myself I'll exercise in the evenings but when I get home it's so easy to say, "Well, I'll just do it in the morning." I'm doing fine with food but the motivation to work out is just seriously waning. I HAVE to get some sort of workout in when I get home today or I will feel miserable, I'm sure.

Leslie - Hope you enjoyed the sunshine & the Italian dinner last night! The weather forecast says it will still be sunny today but I see rain in the future again.

emilyk - YAY! So happy that your results came back normal. I cannot imagine how relieved you must feel. Hopefully now you will be able to relax & get back into a normal routine.

Have a great day!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #12  

Ak812 -- I know exactly what u mean. I do the same thing. The sad part is I love to workout, but it is so easy to procrastinate about it. Now why do I do that?

Emilyk -- I cannot imagine hoe relieved you must fee. congratulations.

leslieB --how did you do at the restaurant?

I am busy getting ready for my trip and of course things are so busy. I have decided I may not be able to leave as quickly as I had planned. The only exercise I have been fitting in is stair climbing but I have been faithfully fitting at least that in. Food has been a little light. Been playing around with my carbs and it just seems like I am not tempted to over due it if I am not indulging in refind carbs. It has been a real eye opener.

Goodnight everyone.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #13  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Leslie, you have really accomplished a lot in a year. You've lost a full person, wow! Wonderful. How was your Italian meal and what did you order. I'm always interested in food. LOL

Kelly, is the baby feeling better? So hard to see little ones sick.

ak812, did you get the new shift change at work? Don't beat yourself up over the exercise. Try and get in a little more movement while you're working and park the car farther away. They say fidgety people gain less weight so get fidgety, lol.

Yeah!!! for Emily. So glad you got that clean bill of health from the doctor. It's so hard to concentrate on anything when one is waiting on medical results like you were.

Emily, stair climbing can be a good workout. My knees give out when I try that but I can get up quite a sweat when I do succeed.

EofAZ, where are you going on your trip? I must have missed that when I was reading the posts.

Yesterday was a lovely warm day and I was able to hang clothes on the line. I washed 2 sets of sheets and a few other things. I also washed the patio table and put up the umbrella. I wish I could have gone for a walk but it is too painful on my foot (which, if I had a gun, I'd have shot it off yesterday as it was painful all day long).

Today it's raining and not so warm so it's damp in the house but too warm to put in the furnace (we burn wood). I guess it's going to be a sweater day. But I'll be hot when I get on my bike. I've got a little housework to do also because we'll have company on the weekend. It's a long weekend in Canada and my adult children and my darling grandson will be here so there'll be lots of food around. (Deliver me! LOL)

Have a good day and just pick yourself up if you fall and keep on going.

Last edited by retiredone; 05-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #14  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

hi everybody,
Robbie finally slept for the most part last night, I think he's trying to cut two more teeth. My days have been so busy and I've been really tired--I ate, and ate and ate yesterday. Part of me is so ashamed to say that but another part is just thinking, crap I messed up a day, but it's time to forgive myself, grab those boot straps and get going again
I have been doing a lot more running verses walking on my daily walks lately and I think it's making me hungry
Well, I'm back to making my nutritional posts today so it should help and I threw away the left over baked potatoes... I was only grabbing one in the morning and eating them plain but I think it was part of the "hunger" I"ve been feeling. Back to protein/veggies today. Now I have to move my bed out of my room cuz my mom is bringing me her temperpedic... she bought a King Size now that she's married, so I'm getting her full one. It'll be small for me and DH, but usually he's a work during the night anyways.
Still hoping for things to slow down so I can really catch up on personals. I hope you're all doing better than I am
Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #15  

Retiredone -- I'm heading to AZ to visit my youngest daughter and granddaughter for a week. I had to move to TX a couple of years ago when the company that I work for closed the AZ manufacturing facility. It was that or unemployment and at my age I thought it better to move. I really love TX but hate having one daughter living here and one living there. I will probably end up spliting my time between the two locations when I retire. Thx to the housing market I have homes in both so it would be easy enough to do if I can afford the taxes and maintenance on both after retirement.