Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Julian Michael's Ripped in 20 vs. 30 Day Shred

Hey guys,

Okay so I am new to this forum, so I'll start be telling you a bit about myself. I am 20years old and I am 5'4" and weight 150. My goal weight is 130. I do own p90x, but I want to start with something both shorter in workout time, and program time. So I found out about Julian Michaels 2 programs: Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred. Has anybody tried these? Is one better than the other? What's the main differences? Also is anybody interested in doing it with me? I really would love the support!
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I have both, I find 30 day shred is kind of easy now. I have only made it to week two on ripped in 30 once. She started with planks and I said F that! and quit...lol I've never fully done a full 30 days on these videos because I get bored quickly, but lately I do them on the weekends just to continue in my habit of working out and I don't like to do more than 30 minutes on weekends because I do an hour during the week and I'll end up quitting so these two videos are perfect for that.

I used to LOVE Jillian so her video's were great, they still are if you can ignore the fact she talks WAY too damn much. I'd say pick up both video's and when you get bored of one put in the other one!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Im starting the 30 day shred because that is the one I happen to have. The newer one sounds better because of the kettlebells , but I don't want to have to buy any more equipment.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #4  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I think ripped in 30 is a lot better than 30 day shred to be honest. The exercises are more varied, she has more energy and she really focuses on form. But I think her Shed and Shred knocks both of those workouts out of the water.

JM videos are great for losing inches though. Not so much pounds. :-/
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

do you have to jump alot in either of these workout dvd's? I have been wanting to get one for awhile now but I am nervous to buy one I can't use because I don't wanna piss of my neighbor under me..
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash2007 View Post
do you have to jump alot in either of these workout dvd's? I have been wanting to get one for awhile now but I am nervous to buy one I can't use because I don't wanna piss of my neighbor under me..
There is jumping in it, but it's only two minutes in the cardio section, but even when you do the jumping you're suppose to land softly unfortunately I don't especially when I have to do high knees it's *Thump thump thump* haha. I think you should buy the video there isn't enough jumping to really annoy your neighbour
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, Thanks for your replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
I have both, I find 30 day shred is kind of easy now. I have only made it to week two on ripped in 30 once. She started with planks and I said F that! and quit...lol I've never fully done a full 30 days on these videos because I get bored quickly, but lately I do them on the weekends just to continue in my habit of working out and I don't like to do more than 30 minutes on weekends because I do an hour during the week and I'll end up quitting so these two videos are perfect for that.

I used to LOVE Jillian so her video's were great, they still are if you can ignore the fact she talks WAY too damn much. I'd say pick up both video's and when you get bored of one put in the other one!
Wow thanks for the info. I think I may try them both out now I kinda enjoy planks, but I suck at them >.> the longest I can do one is for 40 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Im starting the 30 day shred because that is the one I happen to have. The newer one sounds better because of the kettlebells , but I don't want to have to buy any more equipment.
Kettlebells? Is it possible to replace them for dumbells somehow? When are you starting the 30 day shred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
I think ripped in 30 is a lot better than 30 day shred to be honest. The exercises are more varied, she has more energy and she really focuses on form. But I think her Shed and Shred knocks both of those workouts out of the water.

JM videos are great for losing inches though. Not so much pounds. :-/
Probably because you gain muscle weight? I think when we are overweight we think "I want to be skinnier" which in essence means you want to lose inches! If I felt alot skinnier but I wasn't at 130lbs I think I'd still be happy
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Now I am gonna have to buy this
Do you do this along with walking or anything?
I was just wondering because I want to still do my daily exercise along with this.. I hope I wont kill myself.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I just bought a Groupon.com deal for three Jillian videos (incl ripped in 30) for $25!
Go on before it sells out!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I've been doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 for the past month or so, and I really like it.

It's fast and relatively fun, and it has definitely increased my endurance. I did the first video for a week and a half, then did the second one for 2-3 weeks. I skipped week three because the exercises were too much for my knees (I have terrible knees), but week four is awesome and really intense.

Regarding the amount of jumping you do: I live in an upstairs apartment too, so I did all the jumping parts on a carpet or yoga mat. It helps reduce the sound you make, plus it's way better for your joints.
Kaitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #11  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Ripped in 30 is like 30DS gone nuts! Love them both but after doing Ripped, 30DS almost becomes bearable.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote