Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default looking for a life raft

Several years ago I had joined a weight loss forum that really helped with motivation and support. But when the atmosphere changed alot of my friends and network support left for other forums. I also lost motivation and when I thought of returning a few times, I'd found they'd even changed the site to one not as user friendly to save money.

Anyway besides that the last few years its just been one thing after another, a real rough patch. The only real serious attempt I made during this time was for a about a month and I managed to lose 20lbs. Then I was laid off my job and keep saying I'm going to get back on track. Anyway there's more to all this but I think the rest is best saved for a journal.

I'll just end this now by saying I've fought obesity my entire life and with each attempt it gets harder and harder to find the motivation. My weight is so bad that it affects me even doing regular every day things. Just making it to the back of Walmart is a challenge. I'm scared and miserable. I need somewhere to plug in for support and a way to focus, now more than ever and I'm hoping I can do that here.
DouKnowJello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #2  

I had 3 forums I was checking into and I was hoping to test them out before I picked the right one. I figured I'd go with one that was most welcoming and friendly but wow....83 views and not one person replied. I'm not sure what to make of that.
DouKnowJello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi DouKnowJello, welcome to 3FC! Most intro posts seem to get way more views that "hellos" - don't take it personally. Activity also seems to be lower on weekends, so that's probably part of it. People here are generally very nice. Once you've been around for a while and been active you'll get quick responses. I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time of it. I hope things turn around for you soon. Good luck meeting your weight loss goals.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi DouKnowJello, welcome to 3fc. I hope you decide to stay. This is a warm and friendly place, and I think you will find what you are looking for here. I hope that you can find something that keeps you motivated this time around; you sound pretty unhappy right now with the way things are. There are lots of people here that have been where you are right now and "lived to tell the tale"...I am sure you will get support here.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote