Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/194/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Starting again...

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and would love your support in my journey, as I hope to start supporting each of you. I'm now at my highest ever weight, 200 pounds. For me, this is a turning point. Seeing the 2 on the scale where a 1 has always been is terrifying. I'm ready to make a major change.

Throughout high school, I was fit and muscular from years and years of basketball training. Since graduating five years ago, I've gained about forty pounds. When I was younger, I could eat whatever I wanted, and since I trained so frequently, I never really gained weight. In college I continued the eating habits but left the exercising behind. Over the past few years, I've struggled with gaining and losing weight over and over again. Before my graduation from college last year, I lost 25 pounds and felt great. However, starting my real life with work and stress and keeping up with bills and housework has taken its toll on my body, and I've gained all of that back, plus some.

I'm ready to make a complete lifestyle change. I know I need to adjust my eating habits- my two favorite things are potato chips and candy and I know I overindulge in them way too frequently. I've slowly started to count calories. I actually enjoy exercising, especially the feeling of success you have once you've completed a hard workout, but I need to incorporate it more regularly into my daily life. Last night I tried a Leslie Sansone DVD ($ Fast Miles) for the first time, thinking it would be a piece of cake because it was walking. However, it kicked my butt! I was dripping sweat after the 54 minute video, and my fitness watch said I had burned 814 calories. I don't know how accurate that number is, but it was so thrilling to see. I feel great, and I hope to continue walking with Leslie as much as possible.

I hope to find a support system here that will help me stick to my goals and lose this weight for good. Thanks for reading!

Janie

Last edited by ladyponies23; 04-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
ladyponies23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/245.5/170

ok first off WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!! =)

TWO: i absolutely love those DVD's!! They really are no joke!! lol I plan on using them on rainy days

Three: I absolutely understand the favorite foods. There are definitely ways to make both healthy. Red potatoes baked with low fat seasoning is to die. and Fiber one bars as well as special k bars are both reeeeally good when you have a sweet tooth. Trust me I had the worst sweet tooth yesterday. Had heart burn and my tums tasted great lol

Anyway welcome to the family(I just joined yesterday)
healthierME1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Welcome Janie...... I am not in the "20 something" group, more like fastly approaching 40s..... but your user name caught my eye cause it was close to mine.

I have tried every diet (it seems) on the block and truthfully I entertained doing a "fad" diet to get some of my weight back off.... but at the end of the day... I am going to count calories b/c it works.

I just finished a wild ride of working 2 FT jobs and I gained some weight back so I am hitting it hard now. One of my jobs is a 3rd shift job and it is notorious for JUNK food.... so I can also realte to the chips and stuff.

The best thing I can tell you is be as diligent as you can...... it can be hard at times. I tend to find a good combination of food and eat it over and over during the week--- just to make life easier. Some tell you not to get "bored" with food..... but you just have to do what works for you. Yell if you need support.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome. I am in a similar situation as you. I keep losing the same weight over and over as well. I am currently trying to get back to 160. It is the hardest thing to stick to, because you can't just stop eating. I have addicitve tendencies with food, and find it unfair that my addiction is not able to be removed from my life. I have to constantly make decisions to eat, and what, and how much, and when... Blah blah blah. Smokers can throw cigs away, alcoholics can ditch the booze, but my addiction is required for life. Unfair. Anyways, I hope you will find this forum encouraging, as I know I do. Post often, as it will motivate you, even if those expecting you to succeed are only on your computer. Get going and don't stop!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/194/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys! I'm excited about this, and I think having the support of all of you is really going to help keep me accountable.
ladyponies23 is offline   Reply With Quote