Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #1  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Default How did you handle a down week of loss?

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I'm looking for some of your wise advice today.

After 3 straight WI's and seeing a loss during those 3 weeks, this Wednesday I stepped on the scale and gained (it wasn't a lot but it wasn't a loss).

I'm going to be honest, it's really messed with my head this week. I'm questioning everything including will I see losses next week or the next weeks?

How did you handle a week with a WI like that? Did you change your IP meal plans, add a restricted every other day etc. or did you just stick to what you were doing?

Did you see continue to see losses after that week?

Thanks for your help ladies and gents! I appreciate you!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #2  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Your stats are great! You didn't even have that slow 2nd or 3rd week. Your slow week waited until week 4. It happens. Keep doing the diet, following the protocol, and the weight will come off. People experience weeks of little to no loss, even gains, but it's all part of the process. You will be fine. This diet works. If it makes you feel better, post a few days of your food journal. If there is something you are doing wrong, one of us may notice it. Otherwise, just keep going.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #3  
Starting again 6/9/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Your stats are great! You didn't even have that slow 2nd or 3rd week. Your slow week waited until week 4. It happens. Keep doing the diet, following the protocol, and the weight will come off. People experience weeks of little to no loss, even gains, but it's all part of the process. You will be fine. This diet works. If it makes you feel better, post a few days of your food journal. If there is something you are doing wrong, one of us may notice it. Otherwise, just keep going.
Thank you!! I needed your feedback today. I will post some food journals that's a a great idea!

You made my day!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #4  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

This unfortunately just happens from time to time with everyone either it's a slow loss or a little gain. It's just your body adjusting & it will come off PLUS some when the whoosh fairy come along

Whenever I had a "slow" week I just up my water a bit & try to cut out any extras as much as possible like MiO, high sodium stuff. Stuff like that; but that's just how I do it. It works for me, but everyone is different Or sometimes I have a slow week and I will add more or different things into it to get things going again
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

It's really not uncommon to have slow if nothing weeks on the 3rd or 4th week after loosing so much the first week or two. It's happened to me before, but I've still lost 75 pounds in six months. Point is to hang in there and you will probably have a good loss next week to make up for this week. You can't look at this diet as week to week, but rather as an entire process. Trust the process, it works.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

As some people posting in here can testify...I get bummed out. It's normal to know it's normal and still be bummed out.

I do 'clean up'...when I had my two weeks of 0 I really remeasured everything and stopped the splenda and stevia....it helped me feel in control of it. But then after two weeks of 0 - I got the -6.8...so really it IS your body adjusting. Just in the middle of it it's hard not to be bummed.

Chin up grasshopper!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/228.2/175

Height: 5'2"

My weight loss has also slowed. My coach told me to go back to measuring everything. After doing this for a few days I noticed I wasn't getting all of my oil and salt. She also told me to have salad at every meal, have at least 9 glasses of water drank before 7pm and to make sure I'm getting enough sleep every night. (sleep is a constant issue with me). I hope these things help. I guess I'll find out when I WI on Wednesday.
Kimmie323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #8  
Starting again 6/9/13

Smile You are all WONDERFUL!! I wish I could bring you all to Fargo and hang out with you!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have all made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie323 View Post
My weight loss has also slowed. My coach told me to go back to measuring everything. After doing this for a few days I noticed I wasn't getting all of my oil and salt. She also told me to have salad at every meal, have at least 9 glasses of water drank before 7pm and to make sure I'm getting enough sleep every night. (sleep is a constant issue with me). I hope these things help. I guess I'll find out when I WI on Wednesday.
GREAT points about the oil and salt and sleep. I’m also finding that I’m skipping some of the salads…which is probably not helping me. I was doing well at the beginning and now I'm about lettuced out. It's important to follow the plan though, right!? Thank you for sharing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
As some people posting in here can testify...I get bummed out. It's normal to know it's normal and still be bummed out.
I do 'clean up'...when I had my two weeks of 0 I really remeasured everything and stopped the splenda and stevia....it helped me feel in control of it. But then after two weeks of 0 - I got the -6.8...so really it IS your body adjusting. Just in the middle of it it's hard not to be bummed. Chin up grasshopper!
Thank you for being real about getting bummed out. This grasshopper really appreciates you sharing your real feelings with this process! I’m hoping that I can have a bounce back as awesome as yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
It's really not uncommon to have slow if nothing weeks on the 3rd or 4th week after losing so much the first week or two. It's happened to me before, but I've still lost 75 pounds in six months. Point is to hang in there and you will probably have a good loss next week to make up for this week. You can't look at this diet as week to week, but rather as an entire process. Trust the process, it works.
75 Pounds in 6 months!!? That’s got to be some kind of record! That’s awesome!! Way to go! I agree though by looking at the last 4 weeks rather than just last week is the key! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
This unfortunately just happens from time to time with everyone either it's a slow loss or a little gain. It's just your body adjusting & it will come off PLUS some when the whoosh fairy comes along
Whenever I had a "slow" week I just up my water a bit & try to cut out any extras as much as possible like MiO, high sodium stuff. Stuff like that; but that's just how I do it. It works for me, but everyone is different Or sometimes I have a slow week and I will add more or different things into it to get things going again
[B]I think that your comment about MiO is very interesting as I was drinking a lot of that and my fingers and feet were feeling really tight! I didn’t realize how much sodium was in that drink! Wow, I was just looking at the 0,0,0 aspect!
During your slow week what did you add more of and or different things that seemed to work for you? p.s. I can't wait to meet this "whoosh fairy"!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

it does happen. I was upset at first, especially when I had done nothing against the rules, but it just happens. Just keep plugging away and the pounds will melt. So many reasons for a gain - water, hormones, constipation. Try not to stress too much and keep your end goal in mind, and your resolve.

The logs helped me to see if there was a trend - I tried everything, like no restricted, no tomatoes that week, no beef that week, whatever came to mind, I tried. It's fun to be creative anyway and change things up.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #10  
Starting again 6/9/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
it does happen. I was upset at first, especially when I had done nothing against the rules, but it just happens. Just keep plugging away and the pounds will melt. So many reasons for a gain - water, hormones, constipation. Try not to stress too much and keep your end goal in mind, and your resolve.

The logs helped me to see if there was a trend - I tried everything, like no restricted, no tomatoes that week, no beef that week, whatever came to mind, I tried. It's fun to be creative anyway and change things up.
Great thoughts! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm so impressed with your success! Nicely done!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

It happens to all of us at some point - it's especially frustrating when you think you've had a good week and don't deserve a gain. It can be all sorts - like water retention - and may well just drop away a day or two after wi. I've found that the easiest way to deal with it is to draw a line underneath and just move on. Maybe keep a food diary for the next week to make sure you're not slipping up. Remind yourself what you've already achieved and tell yourself you WILL get there if you just keep chipping away at it.

I've had lots of down weeks over the last year, but just gritted my teeth and carried on. I'm still surprised when I look at my numbers and realise how much I've achieved. you will too

Last edited by Elliemar; 03-24-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh and can someone send the "Whoosh Fairy" round to me please
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie323 View Post
I had this same experience and noticed the same things I had let slide (well except for the sleep part).
I also noticed my protein choices was almost always chicken breast which has zilch fat in it.
So I measured out my oil and used it on my salad which I had several times a day. I also added some red meat back in place of all the chicken. Often if is about what we are not eating that slows things down. I also added krill oil as omega oil was making me nauseous.
Good luck. Sometimes as we get used to eating less we let some parts of the plan slide without noticing.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I am still keeping a log after 15 months of it. You just don't remember things, especially when they become so automatic and the same, same, same. I have to use a pillbox too so at least I know if I forgot my pills.

Every week, I talk about what new dishes or foods I tried by going over my log with my coach - it's fun! Gives me a place to write down my weekly weight too. Funny, but even after all this time, it still seems unbelievable...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #15  
Starting again 6/9/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemar View Post
Oh and can someone send the "Whoosh Fairy" round to me please
LOL! Love it!! Yes! Please let her know that I want on her route too!