Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #1  
Miss Cutesy Noobette

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Red face A Lady with a PLAN ... and a commitment issue! 3FC HELP ME!

Hi everyone! So I have a plan ( I always have plans) but i tend to stray because I get bored so easily. I used to be that skinny girl who was into Dance, a little athletic, and always fit. But, after school, 2 boyfriends, and 2 daughters that followed, I kinda blew up. Today was PayDay so I went ahead and bought some things to get me in the spirit.

Tanolin CLA
Flaxseed Oil Capsules
Lots of water
Earphones
Running Shoes

I'm gonna start with some walking for an hour before work. What do you guys think so far?
CrazySuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Hi CrazySuperStar!
Not sure about the other stuff (hopefully you will get some input there) but I love the idea of starting off with some excercise. Walking is a GREAT beginning too. Good luck!! Keep us posted
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #3  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Walking is definitely a step in the right direction as is drinking water!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't know what Tanolin CLA is the other items sound OK but what about fresh vegies and fruit, lean meat , fish or chicken ? Exercise is good but you will need to cut calories, too if you want to be successful at losing 50 pounds.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #5  
Miss Cutesy Noobette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Don't know what Tanolin CLA is the other items sound OK but what about fresh vegies and fruit, lean meat , fish or chicken ? Exercise is good but you will need to cut calories, too if you want to be successful at losing 50 pounds.
Tanolin CLA is the good fatty acid that aids in metabolism helping to recycle what i eat into energy instead of more fat. I was actually going to try Oxyelite, which is a thermogenic but I had a little help with decision making from the Introduction forum. As for my meal plan, I have already (as of today XD) cut out any form of junk and just sticking to vegies, meat, and fruit (dairy in minimum amounts) For my liquids, water is already starting to get boring after drinking like 3 liters of it, so I added Mio, the squirtable water flavoring. 0cal per squirt. I am noticing after my first dose of flaxseed some incredible gas... *sorry*, and more frequent restroom stops. Hopefully it's just a phase, but we will see how that goes in a couple of days.

So I had a boiled egg in the morning, a nature's valley oats n honey granola bar,
1 liter of water ( a dose of flaxseed oil capsule)
used the restroom before going in to work

snack was the other granola bar
some water

For lunch I had shredded romaine lettuce and shredded carrot salad with balsamic vinigrette
half a liter of water (followed by another dose of flaxseed followed by two doses of CLA)

brisk walking from the cafeteria, around the mall, back to work
finished my 3rd liter of water by then
used the restroom before returning to work

Got off, got home, seasoned spare ribs with romaine lettuce and tomato salad
with light fat free italian dressing
maybe a glass or two of water with Mio flavoring
quick shower
then here

How am I doing so far? should I make any changes?
I wanna make sure Im doing things right for my body... I appreciate all honesty and advise
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #6  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

Do you set a calorie goal? I have a calorie intake that i make sure not to exceed every day. It keeps me on track because i make more conscious decisions. I eat a lot of salads, fruits, veggies. I just started retaking a multivitamin and if i need oil for anything i try to use coconut oil. I try not to use oil at all if i can help it though.

I love water, and i hate it. I love it when i love it but sometimes its hard tod rink as much as i want/need to drink in a day. I add a splash of lemon, and i drink it quicker. Right now water is what im struggling with!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I prob would have started with a general multivitamin, but ok.

On the exercise -- if you can step in at 60 min, cool. But if you find you can't, crank it down to 30, then raise it more slowly to 45, then 60.

What about trying to earn a PALA? Maybe that would help you stay on track?

https://www.presidentschallenge.org/index.shtml

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #8  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

I've been walking every day during the work week for my lunch break. 55 minutes, very fast, total of 36-40 blocks. I've lost 36 pounds since January 1st.

I also count my calories on myfitnesspal.com, drink at least 110 ounces of water a day, and exercise on weekends and sometimes in the evenings with a dvd.

I snack on fruits & veggies only. You might want to re-think the granola bars, only because they tend to have a lot of sugar, but other than that your plan sounds fabulous. Good luck, you can do it!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #9  
Miss Cutesy Noobette

Thanks guys, I couldn't wait to write to you guys again! Today was my official day of exercise XD yay! I feel good! I can't remember how refreshing being able to sweat is! Let me tell you what I did today:

Woke up at 9am ( a little late but slept in because I was off *had to take advantage* )
Had a boiled egg, seasoned shrimp glass of plain water
took my supplements
washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen
more water
1pm went for a walk
10min rest
220pm arrived back home
more water
rest
3pm 2 vienna sausage and a slice of white bread (still need to buy groceries so Im just trying to adjust with what I've got seeing I have cut off rice cold turkey which was like half my diet before)
took my supplements
more water
cut my own hair standing up
light house work to clean up after the cut
more water

Now im just trying to wear out my kids so they can take a nap so I can do more housework.

It feels good so far, my doc recommended I stay within the 1600 daily intake which Im hoping to lose atleast 3lbs every 2 weeks. If I could lose more healthily than that would be great!

The 1 hour walk was fine, I cant wait to up it to running... Maybe we'll stick with walking and I'll move it up to non stop brisk walking next week...

Thanks everyone ! I think next time I'll take some pictures and measure my distances cause Im just basing my self on time .

THANKS AGAIN !!! I LOVE U 3FC!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #10  
Miss Cutesy Noobette

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I prob would have started with a general multivitamin, but ok.

On the exercise -- if you can step in at 60 min, cool. But if you find you can't, crank it down to 30, then raise it more slowly to 45, then 60.

What about trying to earn a PALA? Maybe that would help you stay on track?

A.
Thanks for the link
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #11  
Miss Cutesy Noobette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySuperStar View Post
Thanks guys, I couldn't wait to write to you guys again! Today was my official day of exercise XD yay! I feel good! I can't remember how refreshing being able to sweat is! Let me tell you what I did today:

Woke up at 9am ( a little late but slept in because I was off *had to take advantage* )
Had a boiled egg, seasoned shrimp glass of plain water
took my supplements
washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen
more water
1pm went for a walk
10min rest
220pm arrived back home
more water
rest
3pm 2 vienna sausage and a slice of white bread (still need to buy groceries so Im just trying to adjust with what I've got seeing I have cut off rice cold turkey which was like half my diet before)
took my supplements
more water
cut my own hair standing up
light house work to clean up after the cut
more water

Now im just trying to wear out my kids so they can take a nap so I can do more housework.

It feels good so far, my doc recommended I stay within the 1600 daily intake which Im hoping to lose atleast 3lbs every 2 weeks. If I could lose more healthily than that would be great!

The 1 hour walk was fine, I cant wait to up it to running... Maybe we'll stick with walking and I'll move it up to non stop brisk walking next week...

Thanks everyone ! I think next time I'll take some pictures and measure my distances cause Im just basing my self on time .

THANKS AGAIN !!! I LOVE U 3FC!
Just an update 032412
1600 cal

1cup of trix cereal 80cal (not the healthiest but still need to get groceries)
.6 liter of water
1 italian styled turkey sausage and egg wrap 300cal
1 4x4 in potato hashbrown 150cal
1 16oz mc donalds hazelnut ice coffee (280cal)
1 salmon filet (about 3oz) 180cal
dark leaf romaine and baby tomato salad (size of a cereal bowl)
by now id have drunk 1/2 liters of water
and light italian dressing 105 cal
total calories: 1095 calories

went a little shopping on lunch time. Kind of brisked walked the whole time for about 30min, then afterwork i took my family's clothes and washed.

i feel good!