Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Those horrendous days when you know you should work out..but don't want to

I had one of that moments, and I got off my lazy behind and made up my own fake kick boxing routine. I felt better. I didn't go to the gym today and I know I made a promise to myself to work, so I did. Do you all have those days?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

This is why my cardio usually = walking on the treadmill while surfing the net >___>; *ish lazy*
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #3  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I think we all have days that the couch is constantly calling your name. I think the trick is to try and figure out if you are just being lazy or your body actually needs to break... I have no figured out how to tell the difference, though most of the time I'm pretty sure I am just being lazy lol

Your doing better then I am, you actually made yourself work. I have been giving in to those days more then I would like to admit!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #4  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I am having one of those moments right now...as in I really don't want to work out bc I still have a terrible head cold but I haven't worked out since Sat... ah! I want to, but I don't think my body agrees.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

I have those days sometimes. If I did a lot of activity during the day, like today I was walking while shopping for about a total of 3-4 hours on top of my morning work out, then I just take it easy.. but usually I just try to get up and do a little bit. The hardest part is starting..
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I had a very similar day. It was a running day so all day at work I was hoping for rain so I would not feel guilty for not going. Well, I got off work and there was not rain so I had no excuse. I got home, changes my clothes and off I went. I did feel much better when I got home and am glad I went. I don't think I have ever forced myself to exercise then regretted it when I was finished...I always feel so much better and have that sense of accomplishment.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I totally get the feeling. I work in a small veterinary hospital, the vet, me and the vet tech. It's calving season, Emergencies, the vet tech had a family emergency and is gone. The only other vet in town, has been at the National Finals Rodeo for the last week. I
I have been running my butt off at work. My husband is dealing with health issues that also take up a lot of my attention and time.

But, mp3 player, motivational music, and me time. I need my workouts. Relieves stress, it's good for me.

I plug in the music, leave the cell phone in the car, and concentrate on ME! I AM WORTH IT!

I always feel so much better after a workout. Part of it is the work out and the endorphins, part of it is just the me time, with no distractions.

For the record, I lift weights, a great stress reliever to go bang some iron!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #8  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

I have those days everyday

Lucky for me, the dogs can't walk themselves, so whether I want it or not I get at least 30 minutes a day of power walking/jogging. It's not great, but it's better than nothing.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I had one of those days today. I got to the gym, started running, and two minutes in, just wasn't feeling it xD I pushed myself to run a mile(which is usually pretty easy for me) and did a fast walk the rest of the way, and did my normal exercises....but still...took way to much to motivate today xD
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Oh my, but yes. I know those days... or weeks... or years...

What gets me going is telling myself that I just have to do my "minimum". As long as I do, for example, 10 minutes then I can stop. That'll get me started. Then what usually happens is after I've done that 10 minutes my mind starts to change, I say to myself "I can do at least 5 more minutes of this", etc, etc.

Sometimes I have stopped after my minimum, but then I can say "Hey, at least I got in something". More often than not even when I start off saying I only have to do my minimum, I'll get in more.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
I have those days everyday

Lucky for me, the dogs can't walk themselves, so whether I want it or not I get at least 30 minutes a day of power walking/jogging. It's not great, but it's better than nothing.
same here...she is the best and exercise machine ever!!!

Once I get out there I always enjoy myself.

I listen to audiobooks when I walk alone; I have made this rule for myself that I am only allowed to listen during my walks...on Monday I walked nearly 10 miles
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #12  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Those days usually happen to me during TOM. Sometimes I just don't have anything left in the tank after working all day. Yesterday was one of those days; we were crazy busy after the three day weekend, TOM was at its height, and I got home and just couldn't give anymore. I intended to, but it didn't happen.

I take a day off every week, though, and while it's usually on Friday, this week I used my off day early. So I'll work out on Friday instead and I'm sure I'll hate every second of it, but I'll do it anyway.

Last edited by thistoo; 02-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

YES.....more often than not. Lately I have been way better than I have been in two years, but I have had my BF to help out and work out with me. Before hand I always found excuses not to go to the gym..even though it's pretty much across the street! Excuses ranged from..I'm tired...I have to do this, or that. It got to the point where I would make it to the gym maybe once or twice a week...I maintained a long time, but got nowhere lower on the scale.

I think that the P90x has helped as far as being a "program" that you have to stick to, and someone tells you what to do...I just hope I am as successfull with it the next 60 days as I have the last 30. Switching shifts now and I won't be able to work out with my hubby....so let the challange begin!

I think we all have lazy days, unless you are an addict fitness guru..hehe. I wish I was, but more often than not I have to force myself to move!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Go though your closet and find something you would like to wear in near future... try it on. Usually that kick my butt -- I am actually doing something today that is keeping me from snacking....shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I put on jeans that are unflattering and tight on me. I NEVER wear clothes that are too small. I say just because it zips up and has stretch does not mean it actually fits -- But today, I put on these jeans that are tight around belly; each time I want to reach for that snack these tight jeans remind me how I want to fit into them properly and I stop myself. -- Same with exercise... i was going to skip today, but these darn jeans are motivating me
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote