South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beach Chat for Dec. 1

Happy 1st day of December! And it's a pretty brisk morning for it, too. Although it's sunny, it's cold and the wind is whipping around the house. I think it's a good day for some Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup.

Come on, I know it's hard to drag yourselves out from under those covers, but let's get the day started!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm dragging in late but my house is cozy and warm since I forgot to turn down the heat last night. It's cold but sunny here too - I'm just in from dragging out the trash and didn't linger to enjoy the sunrise.

I did get some Christmas stuff done yesterday - I washed and ironed my new Christmas tablecloth and hung it over the upstairs rail. I still haven't decorated the front porch but it'll happen. I had planned to go to town for some shopping this morning but can't fit it in today - maybe Friday when we are expecting lousy weather. Can't complain after a mild November but ...

Time for another coffee and something to eat. I keep forgetting to eat now that I have great coffee.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am off to a class this morning so gotta run but wanted to say Hello. I got my promotion at work effective this Sunday so I am very excited about that.

Hope everyone is doing well, I will try to come back later to catch up on the posts I have missed since last week.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a fly by this morning. I'm off to meet a friend for coffee. I'll be back later
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #5  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I'm on my first cup of coffee and deliberating about what I'm going to do today. I really don't have anything on the agenda besides paying some bills online. My house could really use a tidying up, especially since I don't like to bring out the Christmas decorations when things are unorganized.

Linda, thanks for letting me know about the Quorn Turkey Roast. My DD loved the Tofurky. She ate the whole thing within 3 days! I'm waiting for the remainder of them to go on sale at our local market and will scoop some up for her.

Well, here's to a terrific Thursday. Stay happy and healthy, my friends!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

OMG - I forgot that it's December! How can that be already?!

Rose - Congratulations!

Today I'll pack for my spa trip. The weather in Tucson is supposed to be unseasonably cool and wet Makes packing a bit more of a challenge. Mostly though, I'll be packing workout clothes I have a few little errands and such I can run today so that I have less on my plate when I get home. I have soooo much free time since I can't exercise this week!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

I feel SO much better today. Hopefully I won't eat too badly, but the house is certainly not stocked with necessary items. I didn't eat great the last couple of days, but I'm quite sure I didn't eat a day's worth of calories either. LOL...I knew I was feeling better when I was chopping up cabbage for coleslaw for tonight's supper and thought, "OH, I have to make some soup with some of this cabbage!!".

Cottage - thanks for starting us off this am!

Ruth - you guys are going to convince me to get a Keurig - it just seems so expensive for those little thingees. I do know my DH would enjoy it, since everyone says it makes an amazing cup of coffee.

Cyndi - coffee with a friend sounds delightful. Hope you enjoy!!

Chris - I need to tidy up too!

Karen - I had the same reaction when I saw the thread title - "IT'S DECEMBER?!?!"

I'm finishing off my smoothie (I swear by blueberries for the best superfruit EVAH), then need to get to work. My schedule was fairly empty, so I might get a bit o' time for Christmas shopping!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Flying through from Colorado this AM....
Mom got a call yesterday afternoon that today's appt. was cancelled so we literally pitched everything in the car and headed to Glenwood. I've got lots to catch up on here and am trying to get Bing bathed before heading to the pool.
Thanks for the kind wishes yesterday. We spent our anniversary eve eating in while watching Survivor. Yep, 19 years, and we're pretty settled into our routine.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Can't believe its December. Not much going on here. I was baking yesterday.
I think I found the trick to not tasting, I poured myself a glass of diet root beer and sipped while baking and it took the urge to taste a cookie away. This weekend is going to be a challenge but I have an appointment with dr. on the 12th so would like to really show a lose.

Cottage - I will have to make that soup sometime. The problem is I usually make soup for a whole week and wonder how the sausage would keep.

Ruth - looks like its Christmasy at your home already.

Pearlrose - congratulations, all your hard work is paying off.

Cyndi - have a nice day.

Chris - I know what you mean about decorating when the house is a bit disorganized. I have to work on that too.

Twynn - have a successful christmas shopping venture.

Debbie - Enjoy your time, you have been working so hard and a Happy Belated Anniversary.

take care
Sophie
Old 12-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #10  

Happy Thursday!! I got on that scale this am, and boy did Thanksgiving kick my butt!! I better go change my ticker . . . shucks.

So, today begins the week long phase 1 to regain control and stop the regain.
chuckle.

Be well!

Last edited by ultimatebea; 12-01-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Still sooo sick and still in NYC. Promise to be more active come this weekend. I know I've missed you all! Hope you are all well
Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Hi! I slept till the alarm clock went off for the first time since the time change! Yay!! Although, I missed my early morning chat with y'all.

I must confess -- I did eat badly at the meeting yesterday, but ate my left-over lunch today instead of eating out with the office ladies. It's such a challenge.... sigh.

Tonight I'm making SB broccoli cheese soup for tomorrow's open house. We'll have that for dinner tonight, too. Here's to more good days than bad! Glad I have all of you to keep me accountable -- and reasonable.

Rose -- Congratulations on your promotion!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pearlrose, congratulations on finally getting that promotion!

Jenne, I hope you are feeling better soon, and kudos to you for sticking to plan even while you are sick!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

A late check in for me, but just to say Hi. More tomorrow!
Closed Thread