Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #1  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Red face My after-Thanksgiving advice

Hi all! So I decided to indulge on Thanksgiving Day. As I was cooking for guests, I didn't modify anything to be healthier, and I have a ton of leftovers (many of which I gave away! whew!) In previous years, I would always "pick" at the leftovers that were half-covered in aluminum foil throughout the next several days, not knowing how many calories I was consuming during those days.

Yesterday morning I woke up, and immediately carved up the rest of the turkey, and put the turkey meat, stuffing, green bean casserole, etc. into individual tupperware bins, to be eaten, mainly, by my man. Since everything is put away, I cannot "pick", and I have to be aware of what I am taking out to eat.

Right now I am simmering the turkey carcus to make some delicious turkey soup, with carrots, rice, and celery - more figure friendly leftovers for me! Yay!

Properly putting away the leftovers has already saved me a lot of calories, and I couldn't be happier! What is everyone else's after-Thanksgiving advice?
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #2  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Great idea, Jessica!

I also find that I do more damage afterward. It's one thing to eat one meal off plan, another to extend it a week. We were only 3 this year, so instead of cooking and having tons of leftovers(DH can't control himself) we took in 2 "dinners for 2". I ate what I wanted that day, and then declared the rest of the stuff off-limits to myself. Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow. I went shoppng yesterday for "new food" so I could have sopmething different.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I sent the rest of the pie back with the lovely woman who made it and did my normal workout and ate lightly today. Soup is also on my menu.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #4  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Ohh, and I just had some soup for lunch - delicious!!!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I ate normally on Thanksgiving, more wine than usual that was it. I did eat my face off yesterday, but I had biked 35 miles so the extra 700 calories I had via pizza, beer and a cupcake still left me with a rather large calorie deficit (1200 calories...)

I biked 10 miles today, ate normally.

My after-Thanksgiving advice? Keep moving, get back on track.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal and I don't think I overdid it. My foods were heavily vegetable. Fri & Sat, leftovers--1 plate for lunch, 1 for dinner. No dessert. It didn't make sense to eat differently and have to throw that food out. I did not count calories Thurs/Fri/Sat. Today is a new day, the holiday is done/over and I'm back to it. I feel successful.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #7  

My advice is the same as many others': Get back on track no matter what. Even if you overate, there's no sense in dwelling on that; just get back on track.

I did overdo it a bit (not too badly, though). Nevertheless, I was in the gym on Saturday taking a fitness class, and I did my very best Thanksgiving and afterward to count all the calories I consumed.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #8  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43 View Post
My advice is the same as many others': Get back on track no matter what. Even if you overate, there's no sense in dwelling on that; just get back on track.
I totally agree! One day out of 100 isn't going to affect you much in the long run. Losing weight is all about the long run.

I am blessed with in-laws who invite us over for Thanksgiving day dinner and usually send the other half of the pumpkin pie and some turkey left-overs for us. We just don't end up with a ton of left-overs so it really helps. People usually over-cook for holidays and then don't want to waste the food so they over-eat in order to not waste food. Send it home with others.

Great advice, portion it out so you can be aware of how much you're eating.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I have to say since thanksgiving I have been off track. I was also sick with cold and AF decided she wanted to pay me a visit. The important thing is I am feeling better and trying to get on track today we still have left overs and I am trying so hard to want any of it today.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

The turkey stock I made Thanksgiving night is amazing, and I made a turkey noodle soup the following day and some turkey croquettes that were really delicious!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

We put the leftovers away and in containers at my house too. We'll probably be having leftovers for the next week because the only turkey we could get was a 21 pounder and there were only six of us!

Honestly I don't mind. A week of turkey wraps...yay!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote