Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #282

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way To Go !!!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME !!!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #2  

Now that I have the new thread started I can go back and read the last thread. Sandy ... I can't wait to see that recipe.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Default ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

For those of you that are interested...........which I'm sure will be all of you, Tony Stewart will be on the Speed Channel between 6:45 and 6:50pm est. If you want to see what all the fuss is about.....tune in! You just don't know what you're missing.

Be back soon!

Kat: You should definitely tune in, just might bring the color back to your face. He sure did help out 2cute! You don't hear her saying her back hurts anymore, do you?
Old 02-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Geeesh! I do a little school work and I miss just about 2 whole threads! You ladies are quite chatty these days!! I did great on my English Comp II final but on the Business Law I died!! Hopefully I went to heaven and will at least get a D!! I was hoping more for a C...but we shall see. I still have 3 assignments to hand in for that class and two assignments and a term paper I never even started yet. I have one week to finish them all...so I will be here off and on during breaks! The next semester starts March 1st!! I am going to get a jump start on a couple of those classes before then so I won't get behind like I did this time. Though having to travel to Reading for two weeks for training on my job didn't help either...

Anyways!! I'm gonna go back and read and see what each of ya's have been up to so I can respond to y'all....and no I'm not from the south...just tired!!

I just gave Andrew a bath and he was having a fit because he has a wicked diaper rash and it hurt him so bad...I finally got his hiney nice and dry and put some balmex on it....he is in his jammies laying on the couch with his daddy...he is so tired too...lately he has been asleep on the couch before I get home at 6:30!! Poor little guy...he plays so hard at daycare!

Well I'll be back later to catch up! Till then...have a great night!!

TTFN
Michelle
Old 02-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #5  

Default Great minds do think alike. LOL

Kat... I see we both started a new thread.. and I read you were going to go with this one.
I sent you a PM but I was afraid you may not see it.
If you delete your "first" post on your thread it will delete the entire thread. That will eliminate a lot of confusion. Only you can delete it. You don't have to delete the others... it is a package deal delete.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:10 PM   #6  

Law Enforcement Official Continue To Stress Travel Not Advised Unless Absolutely Necessary Or An Emergency.

Temperatures Are Expected To Plummet Into The Teens Below Zero With Wind Chill Readings Of 25 To 35 Below Zero

Yes, Tina, I am in, under and surrounded by snow and wind.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:38 PM   #7  

EXCELLENT LOW PT RECIPIE

CABBAGE CASSEROLE

4 CUPS CHOPPED RAW CABBAGE
1 PKG MORNING STAR FARM GRILLERS(CRUMBLES)
1 ONION
1 CAN TOMATOE SOUP
1 CAN WATER
4 TBS. INSTANT RICE (NOT COOKED)

Sautee the onion in pan with little pam spray. Add the crumbles and heat. Add the soup and the water and the rice, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Put cabbage in pam sprayed casserole dish, pour the other mix over and stir it up. Cover and put in 350 oven and bake for 1 hour or more till cabbage is done to your liking.

4 servings........each serving only 2.5 pts.....yahoo

I served with big baked potatoe.......and tossed salad...what a low pt meal and filling too. Enjoy....

It was delisious!!! The original recipie called for real hamburger, so you could figure that out if you prefer the hamburger or maybe ground turkey?

PS) Im so excited I made the big letters and colored too....LOL dosnt take much....
Old 02-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Default Ok.............help.

I think I'm having a lightbulb moment, but I'm not sure. Please confirm or deny or just give me some advice! Ok, first of all.... time for a reality and an honesty check: I was VERY unhappy that I only lost 1.2 lbs. today. Let me tell you why....

WI 1/20/03 -8.8 lbs. (that was the week I was sick)
WI 1/27/03 +.6 lbs. (chalked that up to TOM & water gain)
WI 2/4/03 -.2 (not great, but still a loss)
WI 2/11/03 -1.2 (at least I lost a lb.)

So looking at it, you think.....well, it's not that bad. BUT, in the last 3 weeks, I have actually only lost .8 of a lb. I gained .6, a couple of weeks ago, last week I only lost .2 so I was still at a .4 gain and this week, I lost 1.2, but I had to make up for the .4 that I was still behind on, so in total, I have only lost .8 in the last three weeks and as good as I've been eating, as much water as I've drunk and with all the exercise I've been doing...............I expect better than that. I was so totally depressed about this earlier, I just started bawling. Even my dh said he just couldn't understand it. He said, "I'm with you......I see how hard you work. I just don't understand what's going on."

And then.........I started thinking....

I have been more strict on myself and exercised more this time, seems like....more than any other time. Then I looked at my POINTS booster. Now, for those of you that are not on WW, I'm going to explain to you what it is. For those of you that are, bear with me. The WW program gives you a way that you can earn points. If you exercise and burn calories, you can add points to your daily total. I guess the easy way to look at it is this...... If your points range is from 30--35 and you've eaten all you can eat for the day and then you exercise and gain 5 pts, then you can add that back into your total. The formula works like this: First you have to determine your intensity level. Light, Moderate or High. Light activities do not make you sweat, such as stretching or walking at a leisurely pace. Moderate activities probably make you break a sweat, like walking at a fast pace or biking. High activities make you sweat such as jogging, running aerobics, swimming or biking. Now, WW gives you a little sliding gage..... You take your intensity level and line it up with how many minutes you exercised, for example.......I exercised at a high intensity for 45 minutes when I do the 3 mile. (Hang in with me guys.....I promise, I'm going somewhere with this.) Next, you gage the intensity along with minutes exercised with what your body weight is, and it will tell you how many points you have earned. NOW..........here's where the lightbulb comes in. For five of seven days last week, I did the three mile......according to my pointsbooster, FOR ME---- Exercising at a high intensity for 45 minutes at my body weight.......I earned a whopping 10 pts. Now if you take the fact that I earned that many points and have only been averaging 23-24 pts a day, it's only like eating 13-14 pts, so basically.......my body thinks I'm starving it!!! It's hanging onto everything I've got! That's the only explanation I can come up with. What do you think?

Come on guys.....give me some input. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #9  

Boy you guys have my head swimming here with posts running all over the place.

Sandy: Sorry about the sore subject. I realize it is a tough life, but one I am sure you guys love. I can't imagine have all that shrimp. I love it cold. I would have thought I died and gone to heaven swimming in cocktail sauce.oooooohhhhhhhh Oh I have big big yeahs for you and the exercise and the scale though you should stick to not stepping on it so much!

Kat: Poor baby, you sound like you must be all in. Don't ya just hate those drooly things. Gosh try and rest as much as possible. Mono is really serious if that ends up what you have. It can cause other problems. I would certainly go back to the dr if you are not feeling better in a couple days of antibiotics. It is not something to mess around with.

Lucky: Yck! Good time to grab a blanket, a book and some hot drink and hunker down. I was jazzed it got up to 58 today. First warm day for us in I don't know how long. I go out exercising without a bra and have been freezing my boobs off so it was nice they stayed toasty today.

Michelle: I am sure Balmex will heal him right up, but if it doesn't go to the drugstore and get something in a green can called bag balm. When I was teaching ******ed adults, their nurses would use it on them and it worked miracles. I know that is was originally made to put on cows udders to keep them from cracking and bleeding (my mom and step dad were dairy farmers) but the stuff works like nothing I have ever seen. Hope your little one gets to feeling better soon.

Tina: You are such bad bad girls! If I didn't know any better I would think you were after something other than that orange car!

2cute: How are you feeling any better. Imazing what a good looking man in a jumpsuit can do huh? I don't know for me it seems too much like falling in lust with one of my son's friends. Fun to think about but oh so dangerous. Course the only good lookin' one in my son's bunch of friends is my son. It is all in the mama's genes!

Well, since the ole lady has everyone gagging, I better go. You guys stay warm, dry, and well and no more illness!
Donna
Old 02-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #10  

Dear Tina,
Maybe because you were sick and lost that 8 lbs your body is catching up? I like you have been doing the point thing and in my range I can have 29-34 pts. Well I average 27 or so usually, somedays its less??? Then I have not taken in to consideration the exercise yet, and I was wondering how to figure them. Anyway, it will show, just be patient like I am being!!! It will go, it has to sometime, and yes maybe if your figuring everything right you are not eatting enough? And your body is holding onto it??? Do you go to meetings? I don't, but I bet you can ask your leader and maybe she/he will have an answer for you...

Keep smiling, we know your trying....
Old 02-11-2003, 08:30 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Worked all day again today and have a ton of paperwork to manage tonight so no big post. There's alot I'd like to say, but just can't. Please forgive me.

But I do have to say to Tina, sweetie, sweetie, sweetie, why are you beating yourself up about this???? I see your point about the past three weeks, but why are you not considering the first week??? We've already been through that whole discussion about how you really lose alot when you're sick like that and that you were actually very lucky to have only gained back .6 when it could have been a whole bunch more.

Soooo, that said, let's go back and look at the 4 week period and recalculate:

WI 1/20/03 you lost 8.8 lbs. Then WI 1/27/03 you were up+.6 lbs. Making your total lost still 8.2 lbs. Then for WI 2/4/03 you were down -.2 to bring your lost total to 8.4 lbs. And finally, WI 2/11/03 you're down another -1.2 for a GRAND TOTAL of 9.6 lbs. LOST!!! That, my dear, is not too shabby. That's an average of 2.4 lbs. a week.

You're doing good, kid. Don't sabatoge yourself. You totally discounted the 8.8 lbs. you lost in the beginning as non-existant.

Now, on the other issue of activity points. You could be partially on the right track. You might not be eating enough to keep the metabolism rolling all day long. You're staying way under your points allowed and that can put your body in hibernation mode.

I hope this gave you a little different perspective (and that you don't think I'm totally crazy, because that's a totally different subject! ) Now, I gotta ask you, aren't you sorry you said you missed me????

Gotta run, girls. Hopefully I'll get some time to post soon.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:35 PM   #12  

KAT, I'M SO SO SORRY!!!! I FORGOT TO SAY I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON!!!!

Michelle, that Bag Balm stuff in the green can, I totally agree with Mdonna, it works wonders!!! Its a little expensive but well worth the price. You can always try just straight corn starch too, that works wonders too.

Well dh is all showered up and shaved and its 8:30 pm, so you know what that means.....he's thanking god that TOM has left and hoping he can move right on in.... So I guess I'm off for another round of exercise, at least this kind I do enjoy....LOL

Hugs to you all!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #13  

Though I am not on WW , it could be one of several things. Could be YOU ARE starving yourself (at least your body is reading it that way) I would experiment by adding some food and see what happens. Afterall, you are miserable now, right? Second, could be even though you are staying within points, you may be one of those people whose body hangs onto carbs or fat. You can try arranging you points so that you cut out some of your carbs if you seem to be eating a lot of them and see if that breaks you through or check and see if you seem to be eating a lot of fat (which I am sure you are not) Try adding some strength or weight training. Building muscle, burns fat. IT HAS TOO! I am sure you are drinking water, but you may have to increase some more to get the metabolism boosted. I take it you haven't lost enough weight that you have hit a plateau? It doesn't seem likely in your situation, but there is always that chance too.

From my research, lots of water, strength training at least 2 times a week, and exercise boosts your metabolism and helps to increase weight loss.

Hope it helps you. Gotta go. The cat is driving DH nuts!
Donna
Old 02-11-2003, 08:52 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Tina...listen to Miss Thin, she is a wise woman! I log my weight @ the WW site and they get very snippy if the weight loss is more than 2#/wk! So you are right on track, keep it up, girl! You knowyou're doing everything right and you feel the difference in your clothes, so THERE! Don't make me have to traipse down to Tennessee to smack you upside the head when I'm not feeling well!

Lucky, bundle up, stay warm...good grief, that weather is a bit too intense for me! We're all shook up about another storm coming this weekend, 12 inches expected! At least I don't have to work.

Sandy, you're recipe sounds good...I will give it a try one of these days!

Donna...ahh. someone else who knows the wonders of
bag balm! I love that stuff!

Ok back to bed for me. "Sister Act" is on...I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I'm shocked there's something on that I actually like!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:55 AM   #15  

Angry WOW !!! this place is cruzing...

I can't believe how fast we are going.

Kat... I read those symptoms for mono you wrote.
They are also the same symptoms for strep throat and a bad cold.
I am not saying don't be careful... like Baylee suggested... but also don't get too worried too soon.
If you don't feel better after a couple of days on antibiotics definitely go to the doctor and get tested. Like Baylee said... antibiotics won't help mono. Better to be safe than sorry.

Lucky... I have one word for you..... BRRrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

Sandy... I can't wait to make that recipe. I used to hate cabbage but now I just love it. Mmmm

Baylee... you are doing sooooo GREAT !!!!! Keep it up.

Donna... I too used to use that bag balm for my feet. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. I would put it on my feet at night and then put socks on to protect the sheets. I helped where nothing else would. The green can is the best... lotion wannabes just don't work the same.
I was a little confused about the jumpsuit guy and lusting someone so young???? You lost me on that one. ???

Thin... good to see you MADE time to come post. When you are sooo busy it is often hard to find the time. Sometimes we just need to MAKE the time for our recovery. I am proud of you for doing so.. and happy.

And last but not least... TINA.
I have to say I agree with everything everyone said...
...including yourself. All could be the cause... and no cause at all may be happening. The bottom line is....
This is the way you plan to live the rest of your life.
So some weeks you lose a lot... some weeks you won't.
If you don't plan on changing your new healthy eatting habits... and you don't plan on stopping exercising.... Then just give your body time to adjust to the NEW TINA.

I had a heck of a time with temptations alllll day. The weather was gorgeous here today and I ran around town all day. Every time I looked up... there was a Braums. It was like I was being drawn to them. I think I passed 4 today. I kept remembering what someone said about Dairy Queens. DQ stood for Don't Quit.
Then I went to buy gas. There were signs everywhere... buy a 32oz fountain drink and get a candy bar FREE !!!
FREE !!!! that word is as tempting to me as candy bar.
It was a double whammy. And with the weather being so nice out... a nice cold Dr. Pepper sounded soooo good.
I knew to not tempt fate... to not play Russian Roulette. I did not even go inside the store. In fact I left the first store that could not take credit cards at the pump and drove to one that could so I would not have to go inside and be tempted.
I just did what I had to do to NOT cheat.
But I did not like it.

So my Tuesday tip is...
Do what ever you have to do, to NOT cheat.
Closed Thread