UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default Well that was a daft thing to go and do!

Well there I was, a couple of weeks into the diet, doing well and had lost most of my Christmas excess - a good start to the year. I then made the decision that rather than try and carry on struggling alone at home, I'd join a slimming club for that extra bit of incentive as I really want to lose my weight by next Feb when I'll be 40. So I made the decision, decided to go to a Rosemary Conley class, but for various reasons couldn't go along for the next 3 weeks and this is where I made my mistake. That little devil that sits on my shoulder started whispering in my ear, that as I was going to be STARTING in 3 weeks time, I didn't really need to diet before then. The reasonable side of me did argue a bit, and I knew, that by eating tons & tons beforehand was just going to give me a higher weight to start with, but did reason win, NOPE - the devil won. I started off "relaxing" the diet a bit, and before any time at all was wolfing down the contents of the fridge (on a daily basis), so by the time i did start going to class (last Thursday) not only had I put my Christmas weight back on, I'd added another couple of pounds for good measure too!!

So here I am, once again, super-dooper determined and will not fall off again (she says with everything crossed), but I'm really hoping the discipline of going to class and someone else knowing how well, or not, I've done will give me the strength I need to resist when the chocolate is a calling.

So a new starting weight, a new weigh-in day, I'll let you all know how I get on Friday mornings and a new determination. This really is going to be the year I do it, even though I've said it before, the clock is ticking, I've only got till next Feb, which is plenty of time to lose 2½ stone, even with my little hiccup but I need to stick to it from now on. I also know that I shouldn't have stopped posting here, but i just kinda hid away stuffing myself in private, so no more of that either.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:49 AM   #2  

Never mind Madam Dotty! We have all been there (some of us revisit too!). A lot of us had fun over Christmas and are now determined to get back on track. It shows how important it is to keep on attending a class. I have noticed that those that don't attend the class I go to each week tend to let it slide a bit then come back with a lot more weight to get rid of. Do try and keep it up. I look forward (mad I know!) to every Monday's meeting. It isn't treated like a crime if you put on. In fact we have a right laugh as most of the girls really should be in AA not Slimming World as they do love their booze! Lots of tales of Bacardis and kebabs this week!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Peacock that's hilarious the "AA" bit i mean. Madame Dotty i'm in the same boat..i want to lose the weight but my "brain" has other ideas..don't know about the Chocolate is my and as stupid as this sounds when i'm eating anything i want and not "dieting" i'm not bothered about it but as soon as i start to follow any kind of plan that restricts it..it is the only thing that i can think about and that i want
Old 02-12-2003, 04:59 AM   #4  

Cat90-if you want to lose weight but your brain has other ideas does that mean you have a fat head?!!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

could have a fat head as well as a fat @
Closed Thread