Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Smile 300+ & READY TO TRY AGAIN #1017(and again lol)

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, I did the end post and the new post but really scre**d up the start, oops! Anyway....
Chrissy I am so sorry about what happened to you as a child, I hope that you had support/help from your family and/or professionals if you needed it. I also hope that 'letting it out' to us at 3fc helped you too.xxxxx I get the booty call thing now, did you feel odly complimented or weirdly insulted????lol I wouldn't have known how to feel, he could go to 'bed' with you but not go for a date/drink, oh well at least you turned him on by your looks alone, lol xxxxx
Kim, if you saw the pics page I'm there riding at 250/160 though actually getting on & off was much harder than it was at 180lbs!!!! I had to use mounting blocks rather than get up on my own or have a leg up and I was worried the horse would throw me off as I was squashing him, lol! And as Valerie says, riding works muscles you never knew you had, no matter how fit & flexible you are. DON'T LET SIZE/WEIGHT PUT YOU OFF THOUGH!!!! xxxxxx
Violet I love your pics, you, sis & neice all looked beautiful! I thought your hair looked gorgeous up as well. I'm with zelma(?) where's a full-length snap of your dress? Oh and your sister's too, lolxxxx
Ammi, I said it on MSN, but you are doing so FANTASTICALLY WELL!!! And a big BRAVO on the jeans, though if I don't get a move on diet & exercise-wise I might have to ask for them back, lol!!xxxxx
Nancy, I think you ought to start doing something, look for another job, think about what to do about your guy once you have a job where you are happy. If a visit to family might help, go for it, a short break might clear you head and let you focus on what is BEST FOR YOU!!!! xxxx
Annie, hope all carries on well at curves abnd you beat your hubby on the cycling race, lol. xxxxx
I forgot what else I had to say, oh, Misti, BAD ffm !!!lol I'm sure it will disappear as quickly as it appeared. xxxx
I have to go & exercise otherwise I won't have time,
so bye,bye,
xxxsharon
Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone.... so wish I had time for personals but just never seem time to get them done.

My new weight loss support group starts tonight at church. I am looking forward to it; I have been told there were 7 or 8 at least who signed up. I am thinking of seeing if any of them would like to get together and exercise or go walking, etc.

I did have a nice NSV yesterday. Our front desk receptionist at work called me over and said the woman who delivers the mail had mentioned me to her and that she sees me out walking so much, and commented on how much weight I had lost and how great I look! That was an encouragement coming from a stranger.

Well have to rush out to work. Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #4  

Hey everyone~

Just a quick check in. I am starting to get a routine started which will help me a lot in getting exercise in. I need to go do my walking but I am so sore! I for sure will go do it I just hate how much my legs and back hurt. I really hope over time as I build strength and get used to it will get better!

Real quick...

Lillion~So sorry about your nephew! I hope things will be ok for him!

Nancy~Glad to hear you had a talk with your b/f. I hope things work out hun!

And to all of you struggling I hope you have a great day and stay OP!

Congrats to all NSVs and losses!

I will post more later!

Have a good day!

Michelle
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  

Well, I ended up staying home from work with this nasty head stuff I haven't been able to shake.

So thought I would share this funny "bra" story that I don't think I told before... well it is funny NOW! At the time I was fuming.

I like to buy a bra in one size down from what I am wearing to have at home as my "goal" to get into it. Well I am wearing the smallest band size I have in any of my stuff here -- and am VERY happy to finally have these babies into a 42 DDD. I have never been able to "match" in cup and band size but finally have one that fits nicely.... but the plus size store where I buy bras doesn't carry anything under 42 so YAY I can't shop there any longer!!

Well... I decided to buy a 40 DDD to have here... and I was walking around an outlet mall in Marysville WA and saw a Maidenform store so decided may as well check it out. I walked in.. the clerk came to help and I just asked if they carried DDD size. She said yes and asked what band size -- I said 40. Note I had NOT even told her I was shopping for myself.

I headed back to the racks to look and she immediately came over... had grabbed her tape measure and tried to throw it around my chest! Without asking!! I backed away from her and she said "You're more than a DDD." Now THOSE are fighting words after how hard I worked to GET them this size LOL.

BUT here is another point. My size 1X women's blouses are getting a bit big on me... and at the time I was wearing a MEN'S size 5X T-shirt!! (We do things like that on Saturday in Seattle.) There was NO WAY on earth she could have really seen how big I was AND if she HAD measured me there would have been several inches of T-shirt included unless she planned to rip it off of me right there in the store, which would not have surprised me at that point LOL!!

I told her that in the first place, I was not LOOKING for something I can wear NOW and that I am losing weight and want to have one for when I lose a few more pounds. Which was really none of her business!

This woman didn't stop there! She said "I have been measuring for bras for 30 years." I wished I had said "Then you should have sense enough to ASK women WHO they are shopping for AND if they WANT you to measure them before you just start throwing your tape measure around their chests!! AND if I want to buy a bra that is 17 sizes too small it is MY business and not hers. And if I want to try to WEAR it out of the store it is also my business, as long as I pay for it first. LOL or that I had told her I have been WEARING them for 45 years!!!

Finally I turned around and headed out of the store... she obviously knew I was fuming at her! THEN she actually tried to "save the sale" and grabbed up a bra and... from the back of the store when I was in the front... said loudly "This is the one I recommend." Ha! Like I would have bought ANYTHING from her at that point!

I have no idea how the sizes of Maidenform bras run... perhaps they run smaller than what I was wearing; however... as I clearly informed her... I was WEARING a size 42 DDD and I LIKE the way it fits! And it would be fine if she nicely asked people if they would like her to measure them and help them find a nice fit... but to just bluntly tell me I was "more" than that size... especially without asking if it was for me... how did she know I was not shopping for my 12 year old granddaughter? -- I thought was extremely rude.

And I CAN'T wear a 40 DDD... I wasn't TRYING to... but if I WANTED to try I WOULD. I wished I had asked her if her measuring expertise could help her magically know what size I would wear when I have lost another 10 or 15 pounds. I think I have a pretty good clue as to what will fit me but I doubt if SHE does and don't care.

Oh well... now it is good for a laugh. Maybe when I get into my 40 DDD I will go back into the store, wait until there is no one else there, and lift up my blouse and say "See... told you I could wear it."

Tee hee I could not resist... I just sent a copy of this to Maidenform. It never ceases to amaze me how rude store clerks can be.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-26-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  

what a laugh! she was just a bit too eager to measure you dont you think lol!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Ladies,

Newsnerd: For you

Zelma: First off, $2.50 for one banana is so outrageous. Bananas are one of the cheapest fruits here like 30 cents a pound or less at times. 2nd and most importantly, I am so proud of you for craving something good for you and not something that is unhealthy. I hope when your procedure is finished you get to eat a sandwhich and all the carotts and apples your heart desires.

Sharon: So glad to see you my friend. I missed you.

Misti: Your story about the bra is a good one that I can relate to about buying a swim suit the same kind of thing happened to me. I wanted to buy one a bit smaller than the one I had and the helpful lady told me it was way to small. I had my sister with me and she was trying on swim suits and the "helpful" lady actually opened the curtain to the dressing room univited to peak to see if my sister needed help. LOL Also, great NSV about the strangers noticing your weight loss. Enjoy your new support group at church. I am starting a New Bible study this morning and am looking forward to it so much.

To all of my chickies who are in need, and have a blessed and op day full of good exercises.
Annie/Dogpal
Old 09-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Patty,

We must have been posting at the same time. lol
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #9  

Funny story Misti! I would have proably freaked out if someone right there in the store tried to measure me! I would have ran out the store! lol Thanks for the laugh!

Michelle
Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone no time for personal reponses we we're out of town all weekend. SoI'm just now reading post. It was nice we went to my husband's family reouin and then to my family to visit. I got nice comments from my grandma and Aunt they said I look good and like I've lost lots of weight . It's a shock cause they never are that nice to me and are always on me about my weight even if I'm losing. Not much to do here some light cleaning and then Bible study tonight. I'm sore Mike started me on crunches, push ups and weights last night. Gotta love husbands.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #11  

hey dogpal glad to see you back!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #12  

Glad my bra story could give some of you a laugh. LOL where else but at 3FC could we share that kind of thing and have people really understand!!! I guess (with your sister's story) I was fortunate the woman at least let me keep my clothes on. It will be interesting to hear if I get a response from Maidenform!

Dogpal, can't wait to hear about your new Bible study... what are you studying?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I decided that today was going to be the day that I tried my Richard Simmons Disco Sweat DVD. I tried it last year, or possibly the beginning of this year, and after even just the warm up song I was fit to drop. Anyway, I was getting bored with my other DVDs and thought I would give Richard a go again. I knew it would be hard, so decided to just do as many songs as I could and then stop. I only needed to do half an hour of it. I did the FULL HOUR I thoroughly enjoyed it, and although I did sweat I found the moves easy and I didn’t feel like dropping at all My only problem was my lack of floor space. I ended up doing quite a few of the moves on the spot instead of ‘travelling’ because I would have ended up up on the sofa or in the TV or fire place I know I have said it before, but I can’t help saying it again: I love to see those numbers drop on the scales, but there is nothing like a good NSV, and being able to do the whole hour of Disco Sweat today gave me a huge buzz. I even did some ‘crunches’ at the end, shhh don’t tell my doctor. I am fed up of this huge belly and lack of ab muscles. Since my surgery when they had to cut through them all and then telling me I am not allowed to do any abs exercises, well you can imagine how useless they are to me now. So I bit the bullet, said stuff a hernia and did a few this morning as well. Yay me

Patti – Thanks for the praise, it always helps a lot to hear people are proud of me. I don’t feel so bad about feeling proud of myself then

I hope you are keeping away from that DSM until Friday

Missy – oh my goodness, just talking about your tickers and how many weeks to Halloween and then Christmas really brought it home how close the latter is. Wow, where has this year gone By the way, yes your Halloween Ticker is great, I think I am going to have to check out TickerFactory and see what they have on offer

Hurry up and go buy a new tape measure, I want you to see officially that you have indeed lost lots of inches from your body. Sometimes you seem a bit deflated about your weight loss slowing down, and I think you need the buzz the tape measure results will bring you

Annie – funny how you said that you bought those 1 point bars and are fighting with yourself not to eat them all. It’s amazing isn’t it that there are low fat snacks out there that are so delicious that you just don’t want to stop at one!! A great example of this is a WW fruited malt loaf I like to buy. It’s 1 point per slice and it’s pre sliced. Boy oh boy is it hard for me to stop at just 2 slices. It is delicious. It is so delicious that I am seriously considering buying some of it to have instead of Christmas Cake at Christmas!!

Yes I am thrilled that I finally have been told there is no need to go back for check ups etc at the hospital. Each time I have had to go they have had to some embarrassing examinations for me, and I thank the Lord that the only person who gets to see my ‘bits’ in future will be my hubby

Oh and I have some motivation for you to get that spare bedroom sorted out I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, I have a credit card, I could just turn up TOMORROW Ok you know I seriously wouldn’t turn up uninvited But somebody might, so get that room done

Brenda – they are going to deliver it without payment?? As in not at all, or just not a delivery charge or something? Either way, you are definitely right that being a B***h certainly got things moving. Shame it had to come to that though isn’t it.

Trixie – ok you would have eaten that soup. You obviously weren’t meant to though were you! You saw that ham and that was it, no naughty soup. Still be proud of yourself. I mean you could have ordered something else that was a lot naughtier than the vegetarian chilli you ended up getting

Sue – Nope, no way, nil, nada, no way you could have gained 5 lbs. It’s just a silly fluid fluctuation, it can’t be fat and that’s what you have to remind yourself. Don’t feel bad, you are doing ALL the right things. You haven’t gained weight in the true sense of the word and I am sure the next time you weigh some of those lbs will already have gone

Thanks for sharing the story about the bra fitter from ****. I am glad you sent a copy of it to Maidenform, I will be interested in hearing what they have to say. I also agree with Patti, that woman was WAY too keen to get her hands on you……perhaps she was a trifle gay

Lilion – I am SO sorry to hear about your husband’s nephew. Somebody else said it beautifully by saying ‘That’s an incredible price to pay for a dumb mistake’ I pray that the surgeons will be able to save his other hand, that he will get better and that he will be able to come to terms with what has happened and carry on living his life. It’s awful and no comfort to relatives like yourselves, but hopefully one good thing will come from this dreadful accident, and that will be that other youngsters won’t try to make those home made bombs any more.

I am proud of you for even trying to eat well at the hospital, so what that you pigged out later in the truck stop. We ALL would have done the same I am sure Sometimes dieting is the last thing we can think of in times like you are going through.

Amy – thanks for the congrats You know you are one of a few people who have said that it won’t be long until those jeans are too big for me. That will definitely be a very special NSV. But I do hope to get some good wear from them first

Yes it’s a big relief to be done with doctors and hospitals. It’s like I can finally get on with my life, albeit with the ostomy, but at least I have no more horrid examinations to face, and no more sitting ages in waiting rooms waiting to be seen. Yay.

As for your gain on the scales, like I said to Misti, if you are doing all the right things, which I know you are, then any weight gain you have can’t be fat, it just can’t be. You gain fat from overeating and not exercising enough, and you are dieting AND exercising plenty. Don’t let it get you down. Any loss on your ticker is something to be proud of, don’t think it looks measly, think of it as a great step and one step further on your weight loss journey Have faith in yourself, don’t wonder if you can make it to 15 lbs lost, or 30 lbs lost. Take it one lb a a time and soon you will surprise yourself when you see your ticker has crept up and has passed 30 lbs lost. Don’t focus on the big picture, it makes a huge difference

I loved all the wedding pictures you posted, and your hair was so beautiful. I bet you felt like a princess. You certainly looked like one, all that was missing was the tiara

Valerie – thank you very much for what you had to say about not only my NSVs and weight loss, but the fact that it’s been consistent. I honestly don’t know why I am so committed this time, or why I have gotten to nearly 6 months of dieting and haven’t had one ‘blow out’. I don’t know why, but am so thankful that so far I haven’t had a plateau. I think when it happens now I will be able to cope with it far better than if it had happened early on in my diet. Of course I don’t want it to happen, but am ready for it when it does

Wow you are soooo close to fitting perfectly in those clothes you mentioned, I hope you will put a pic on the photo page when you are wearing the new clothes comfortably. I promise to do the same when I can look good in those jeans So what did you wear to your interview if the skirt isn’t ‘just right’ yet? I am happy to hear that the interview went well, have you heard back from the yet

Nancy – I think you are doing the right thing giving him one last chance, but be strong, and make sure it IS the last chance. If he messes up again it should show you that no matter how much he loves you, and I am sure he does, he just can’t get his spending and finances under control. I really do hope he can pull it together, it’s hard to see a couple in love split up because of I guess an uncontrollable addiction

Newsnerd - there you go, there’s the kick in the butt you need to get some willpower and get back on track Hope it helps

Zelma – I hope the tests weren’t as bad as you thought they would be. Hmmmph I am jealous now we only get tea and biscuits over here after our test. Not a sandwich in sight Oh well, I can’t have those tests again, so no point putting a complaint in now WOW that is a LOT of money for one banana. I’d be hard pushed to pay that for chocolate if I wasn’t dieting!! I love bananas too, but they turn too ripe too quickly and I can’t stand them when they get too mushy.

Luan – I haven’t gone back to look at the photos I put on here to see how far I have come, but I can’t help but know it when I work out in the day. I have 3 wedding photos, and a couple of other older photos on the wall and every time I see them, especially the wedding pics where I had a steroid induced moon face, I just can’t believe that I have lost the weight I have. Today I DID go back and look at old pics I have posted here and I just wish I had smiled in them. I know I didn’t in my first ones because I wasn’t happy, I wasn’t going to smile even for a photo when I felt so fat and ugly. The second lot of pics I didn’t smile in just because I didn’t in my first But I should have because I was feeling much happier after losing enough weight for it to be a bit noticeable Thanks for asking the question, I enjoyed going back to see the photos

Oh and is it deliberate or just are you forgetting that a few of us born romantics here have asked what’s happening with the ‘guy’ the one you said that LOVES you Come on fess up

Sharon – When I had the chance of going nightclubbing after my divorce I discovered that the men there just wanted one night stands. Not quite a booty call as such, but I felt insulted. It was no compliment for me that I might have spent half the night dancing with a guy without so much of an offer of them buying me a drink, not that that would have made any difference, and yet at the end of the night and after a smoochy dance they expected me to invite them home with me. I guess they thought I was sad and desperate. I was neither, so needless to say nobody got the invite I think I spent 6 months going to nightclubs on the weekends Beth wasn’t home, and by the end of it I was so fed up of the scene. I knew I would never meet a decent man at one, and just gave up Thank God for the Internet I say

By the way, NO you are not getting those jeans back You are not going to gain any weight back, you are going to keep on losing. When those jeans are too big for me I will give them to charity if they haven’t been worn out because I love them so much You aren’t getting them back EVER You won’t need them EVER :hug
:

Michelle – I am sure that as the weight comes off and you get fitter your legs and back won’t hurt at all when you exercise. When I started this diet my back KILLED me, I couldn’t walk from my front door to the gate without being in severe pain. That’s gone now, and the only time I get a spasm of pain is sometimes when I am exercising. Hopefully that will go over time too. So believe me, with every lb you lose your back and legs will get better

Keeperofthehome - glad you had a nice weekend and you enjoyed your hubby's family reunion. Great too that you got so many compliments from your aunt and grandma. I bet that gave you a buzz for the whole day

Ok well I think I have caught up with everybody now. So time to see who’s around for a chat.

Take care all and bye for now,

Ammi
Old 09-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #14  

Ammi, LOL, yes I have to admit I wondered about that woman's motives in trying to get her hands on me. I do tend to think she was just a bit overzealous though but who knows. BUT if she has been doing that for 30 years as she said, wouldn't you think by NOW she would have learned to be a bit more subtle? Yah, I will let you know if I hear from Maidenform. I DID say in the email that I had posted it on my weight loss support forum (no name mentioned). And I sent the email exactly as I posted here except took out the top line/s which applied specifically to greetings to 3FC people.

One thing I thought interesting too... if she thought I was buying a bra too small for me, why didn't she assume I might be buying it for someone else?

You know... what is really funny... is that when I left I almost felt like a liar trying to pretend to be that size... but LOL I WAS wearing a 42 DDD. She almost had me convinced I wasn't... I admit to a little insecurity still in that department.

Two of my extra five pounds went away this morning. I really don't understand where they appeared from; it is just so easy to "panic" and think oh no! the weight loss is over. But I won't LET it be... LOL I will go after those poundies. This is WAR!!

Wow Ammi, that FFM is really being good to you lately. Way to go!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #15  

Angry AARRGGH! What else!

Okay, here's a learning experience!

I got a eBay email saying there had been suspicious activity on my account and that someone had tried to log into my account and the account had been suspended and I needed to log in so they could reinstate the account. It gave a link for convenience and I clicked it and went to what LOOKED like the eBay sign-in screen. Of course, when I put in my password, it wouldn't work.

THAT'S BECAUSE IT WASN'T FROM EBAY!

So now someone out there has my ebay account password! I changed it immediately! I realized what had happened when I went to just eBay.com to ask why I couldn't log in and realized I already WAS and there was a section on recognizing spam emails...mine was classic! So I changed that password and my email password...

I'm WAY more worried about my PayPal account and I'm trying to get them to close it immediatly! I sent them an email and they said the email wasn't about them and there was nothing they could do. All I want is to CLOSE the ACCOUNT!

I've also put a fraud alert in at the Credit Bureaus and reported the email to the Federal Trade Commission.

I feel like SUCH an IDIOT!

Thanks for all the prayers for my nephew! They are working to save his thumb and two fingers on his right hand. It's a truely horrible injury. So sad and so STUPID!

Please forgive the lack of replies....been a little busy today, as you might imagine!
Closed Thread