Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/186/155

Height: 5'11"

Smile Success before, starting again :)

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site but like what I've seen so decided to join in . My wedding day was the heaviest I've ever weighed, 200lbs... Shortly after that I decided to start losing and I did by counting calories and just overall eating less. I started getting complements and had loss almost 30lbs, I was all the way back down to 173! And then I'm not sure what happened.. we went on vacation and I ate EVERYTHING I saw.. and I just never got back into my eating good once we were back home. I worked at a Bakery and that was always my excuse.. "well, how can I keep temptation away when I'm around it 40 hours a week??". Well I got a new job as a Teller at a bank and I'm out of excuses My jeans are fitting tight again, I had to move up a hole in my belt So this is it! Pay day is tomorrow, my husband and I are going grocery shopping and I'm just going to make smarter choices. My husband and I have big plans for next year, we want to move out of state and get new jobs and start a family once we are settled and I just don't want to do it at the size I am. Plus I'm just tired of thinking and talking about it.. It's time to just make it happen. I used to be 155 and I felt great. I loved shopping and dressing up and going out... and now I despise shopping, I hate trying on clothes... I just don't like the jello belly I see in the mirror after getting out of the shower. SO I'm going to change it I hope to find lots of support through the website. I'm getting an iphone in about a month so hopefully will be able to find helpful apps to keep me on track as well. Thanks for reading! Wish everyone the best!
JaneyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Hey girl! Welcome I wish you luck...you can do it, and you've done it before! Awesome job getting back on track! I'm just starting out -again- but I've noticed we are the same height. I'm 248 lbs. Though! Geeze! You're already at my goal weight!! Stay positive & have a great first week back being healthy
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

WELCOME...You'll find a great bunch of people here. Cheering you on to goal!
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the boards!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/235/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am new to this site as well. I was skinny, well the skinniest I had ever been in my life with I met my now husband, as it seems with happiness came weight. So in Feb. I started to workout heavily, was seeing amazing results, blew my knee, and now I am strugglign to find my motivation to workout again. I really want to be the woman I once was when I was confident and loved myself. Hence why I am here. I am hoping you can help me find my motivation.
BADQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Welcome JaneyL and BadQT. I wish you both success!!!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/186/155

BADQT, I totally understand! I'd never been so happy meeting and dating and getting married to my husband.. but I also gained 50lbs... I had so much self confidence and LOVED how I looked and who I was.. and now it's so opposite, I'm so critical of how I look and how I feel. We just have to pull ourselves up and make it happen I don't know how you felt before when you were exercising and doing well on your weightloss journey, but when I look back on mine, I remember that it wasn't that hard once the ball was rolling and I was doing it. I LOVED losing the weight, I loved how loose my clothes fit... and it wasn't that hard.. I've just have had the darndest time getting back into it. Why is it so hard to say no to carb and sweet cravings and just do it? I know all those kind of foods will be there after I lose my weight (of course in moderation! ) And I'm really just not missing out on that much by not eating them.. I'm actually doing so much better without them! So we just have to do this! Do you plan on starting out exercising again, or just with diet? Let me know, we can motivate eachother!!
JaneyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/186.5/140

I can relate. I was 70 lbs. lighter when I first met my husband to be. That was about 20 years ago! Granted, I was model thin when I met him; I had to exist on 1200 cals a day just to maintain that weight! It was no way to live! Fast forward to today. Now all I want is a healthy BMI, which means I can weigh 20 lbs. more than in my younger days. And I can eat a reasonable amount of calories without starving to lose. I've lost my first 10 by lowering calories. I'm just going to keep going. It's true that finding happiness sometimes piles on the pounds!

We can all do this!
gladsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/165/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladsome View Post
I can relate. I was 70 lbs. lighter when I first met my husband to be. That was about 20 years ago! Granted, I was model thin when I met him; I had to exist on 1200 cals a day just to maintain that weight! It was no way to live! Fast forward to today. Now all I want is a healthy BMI, which means I can weigh 20 lbs. more than in my younger days. And I can eat a reasonable amount of calories without starving to lose. I've lost my first 10 by lowering calories. I'm just going to keep going. It's true that finding happiness sometimes piles on the pounds!

We can all do this!
I know how it its. Ealier this year I started calorie counting. Lost about 8lbs then stopped doing it. I've maintained my weight since then, but really want to lose 30 more lbs. This time I'm going to be calorie counting and working out at the gym so I hope I see more results. Here's to all of us and success! We can do this!
Tekakwitha is offline   Reply With Quote