Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Why can't I stick with it more than a few weeks?!

OK, so I tripped and fell.... face first into cake, and burgers!
I was doing so well working out, and eating healthy. Probably not as healthy as I
really should, but no fast food, and all the healthier options to everything. Whole
grains, lean meats, etc. I got to week 4 of Power 90, and then fell flat on my face.

I was initially discouraged when I realized that 2 weeks in a row my scale was partly
on the bathroom rug causing it to look like a 10lb loss when that was not the case.
I felt like such a doofus for that, and I think that I let it push my down enough that I
did not want to work out anymore. I probably went 2 weeks since I last worked out...
up until today. I went back to my Power 90 Sculpting video, and I can def tell that
my body was not used to those movements!

I am very slowly losing weight, and I think it has to do with my Thyroid meds, so that is
good, and noticing that I have lost about 3 lbs since I last weighed... well that was the
little light of hope I needed, and I worked out today. I also have a work out buddy who
I know from another forum (not weight related), but she lives about 3,000 miles away.
How do you guys work things out with your long distance work out buddy?
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

I completely understand where you're coming from! I don't have a workout buddy, but if that were the case and they were far away, I think being held accountable is the main thing. So, maybe give them a time say 5pm, that you'll have already worked out and they call you to check?

As for me, I worked out diligently for a while, with 5 or 10 days off some, and lately I had 3 months off. That's because I went back to work after 2 years and I am on my feet and walking 8 hours a day, I needed to adjust to it. Now that I am not sore from work, I am working out again.

I don't say I don't FEEL like it, I say I HAVE to do it. If you let how you feel be the reason to work out or not, you wont always do it. You've even already lost some weight, let that be some motivation.

I think a lot about how I'll feel wearing shorts next summer and going swimming, I haven't done either for years due to my weight.

And, say you go a day without working out, make a plan with yourself to not let it get past a certain point, maybe one week? No matter what. That way you wont be saying wow I didn't work out for 6 months!

Another thing I can not stress enough, mix it up! I need variety. I do 30 day shred and zumba mostly. I do zumba on you tube so I am constantly adding new songs and instructors who tape their classes, I REALLY enjoy it.

And lastly, don't get so down on yourself. Realize you messed up and move on. As bigger women we are so used to being put down and putting ourselves down. You've done well! You stopped working out a bit, but you're back into it! Be proud. The thing here isn't to be perfect (you never will be, nor will I, nor will anyone else) the thing is to do it, work towards it, and try.

I hate saying exercise or work out, it sounds like a task to me. And mentally, I see it as something not fun. It's just apart of a lifestyle, once you start you shouldn't ever stop. It's like breathing, and eating- being healthy is a good thing and something our bodies need.

I'm sorry I'm just going on and on, I just feel your pain and it's not bad. Just keep on! This quote from Edison I think about a lot, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb." That's how I feel with working out, I don't fail at it. I've just found ways that don't work for me, so I find something that does!

Don't be hard on yourself, you're doing well, we are getting healthy!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Wow, thanks for that. My cross country buddy is 3 hrs ahead of me, and works FT, and her
schedule is not always the same. But we msg every other or so day via FB. She is a busy lady,
but at least I have someone other than my hubby to talk to about it all. I have one friend here,
I am a Military spouse, and just about EVERYONE has kids, I am not a huge fan of kids, especially
when the parents are no better behaved than their 4 year old.

Anyways, my one friend here is so lazy, never leaves the house, is always in front of Netflix, vegging
out on the couch! She came over here once and did Power 90 Cardio with me, went outside for a big
old smoke, came back in and then wanted to play Just Dance on the Wii. Then she complained the next
4 days about being sore and never came back. The other day I went to the new Rec Center they just
opened. She would not even come with me. I told her what I planned to do, and told her she could just
go slow on a bake or treadmill. "I don't feel so great" she said. UGH.

I'm ok without variety, Like I mentioned above I am doing Power 90, and it is 2 different videos that are
alternated to give your muscles time to rest, and do not get hurt. If I want to do more, or add cardio on
a specific day I will. Though I know my bodies limit so I do not get hurt. I like calling it 'working out' because
it reminds me that I have to work to reach my goals. Even if I get there slowly. I even have an addictive
personality and once I get going I am pretty good at keeping up with it... until the one day I do not do it for
whatever reason and then it is not so easy for me to do it the next day, and then before I know it I have gone
2 weeks with out working out. :\ And my lazy friend is no help at all. "Just wait til tomorrow..." She wants to
lose weight too, but she is not willing to eat healthy, quit smoking or work out to do it. She doesn't want to be
healthy, she wants to be skinny. I WANT to be HEALTHY. Her other friend talked down to me bcs I choose the
healthy option to everything. "I don't want to be a health nut, I just want to feel like I look good in a bikini." :\

I'm ranting.... Thanks for the support!
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote