Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Default Hubby's coworker hit on me...to my hubby??

My DH started a new job about 3 weeks ago and there is 1 coworker(he is not my DH's superior) who is a complete jerk. DH knew of his reputation as such before accepting the job offer,and figured he could deal with him. DH is easy going and tries not to let others bad behavior get to him.
Late Friday I had to make a quick stop at his business to trade cars with him. I had never been there before and didn't know where to find him,so I walked into the shop area and asked the first guy I saw (later learned that it was " Jerk") where I could find him. He pointed me in the right direction and I thanked him and went to look for DH. I was there a total of maybe 3 minutes.
That evening DH told me Jerk came up to him after I left and ran his mouth. Jerk told him he couldn't believe some one as hot as me would marry him.My DH is an awesome guy and nice looking, so I'm sure that was just to try to ruffle DH's feathers. He asked why DH didn't introduce us,DH said we were pressed for time. Jerk then went on to say "Oh,that's ok.I'm looking forward getting to know her REAL well at the Christmas party...if you still work here." DH responded with "Oh, I'm sure I'll still be here."and walked away.
I told DH if he makes crude,lewd comments about me in the future to just happily agree with him.Yes, he sure is lucky! It's difficult to argue with someone who is agreeing with you. (If Jerk gets too disgusting, then
that's a different story.)
I've been thinking about how best to handle the Christmas party. My inclination is to dress and look my best EVER and hang on DH and his every word like wallpaper. Praise him every chance I get to Jerk,just to let him see how I consider my self the lucky one.Gosh,pretty much a Stepford wife! Lol! DH has met Jerk's wife. He said she's about 40,pretty much let herself go,and seems unhappy and bitter. (Go figure!)
Sorry this is so rambling, but do any of you have any other ideas how to approach this? Ever been in a similar situation? Btw, Jerk is 42, DH is 52,and I'm 49.
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to the party and look your best and ignore Jerk.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Wow, what a jerk. It takes some guts (in a bad way) to insult someone to their face like that.

I like your plan! And I feel sorry for that man's wife, he sounds like a complete ***.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Go to the party and have a good time. Neither of you should give this idiot the time of day.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'2

I think you should do just as you said and make Jerk incredibly jealous of your husband.
One3Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Go to the party, look fabulous, dote on your husband (but not in a fake, attention-getting way), ignore jerk
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Go to the party, look fabulous, dote on your husband (but not in a fake, attention-getting way), ignore jerk
Lol This. It'll annoy the other guy.

My fiancee has a friend that has a thing for me. I purposely make sure to be a little bit more affectionate than usual when we hang around him. I'll hold his hand, kiss him on the cheek, etc. Nothing overly noticeable, but just little things that will get under his friend's skin.

His friend is pretty creepy at times, so I like getting a laugh out of his frustration.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Some guys are like that, they kid others in mean spirited ways and think it's ok. Without realizing that grown ups don't act that way.

I think your idea is wonderful. don't give jerk the time of day.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Wow, that is crazy. Calling him a jerk, is being too nice.

I agree with everyone else. Go to the Christmas party, dress your best, have fun with hubby and ignore the jerk. That will get to him more than anything else. If you and hubby acknowledge him, or he sees he is upsetting either one of you, that will make his day. Go have a GREAT time and hit ignore.
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Go have a blast, ONLY thing i'd say? Dont drink. Pretend to drink, always have something in you're hand that makes it look like you are so he wont offer you drinks. I find in situations like this its the easiest not to drink because things can get weird and fast.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote