Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 10/7/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning. Happy Friday! I can't wait for the weekend. I plan on doing some shopping this weekend. I really need some tops. I love layering in the fall/winter and nothing fits from last year - it's such a great feeling!!!

Have a great day.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning and happy Friday!
Shopping sounds fun Stolaf! Especially in your new sizes. Fall layering is fun.
I will be going through my closet and looking for combinations as it is cold here.
Laura: I have the same thoughts..When I maintain I plan to go to a trainer and find ab exercises!

Thin4Me: sorry about the addition..The Zuccini pancake is in FinnSteven Pics
thread. It also might be in the Recipe thread. You basically add 2 c of shredded zuccinin and 2 egg whites to the omelette package. Hope the strips help. You still are doing well with you loss!

ItsaboutTime;40 pounds down is wonderful and your scale moved. Good luck on the not weighing.
I agree with you on the improved immune system. I work in a school and rarely get sick..while co-workers and students always seem to be getting something.

WUV: I would rather be on the beach with you and watching classic cars!!!!
I am not ready for this cold and am madly searching for ways to stay warm.

I am meeting a friend for lunch and have my WF dressing ready for a salad!
Have a great Friday everyone.,
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just checking in to say hello and to let everyone know that I officially started maintenance yesterday. It was scary, but I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on some great slow carbs plus a ton of veggies. I bought myself roses (hubby had to work late), made a nice pasta sauce with ground chicken and tons of veggies, and ate that with a serving of whole wheat pasta. What seemed like a "little" pasta was actually amazingly filling. I also had a small glass of white wine.

This is a normal dinner in maintenance. I'm terrified at the idea of a cheat day, but I will take this one day at a time and I know the rules.

For those of you who are just starting out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can't go crazy (except for your one cheat day each week), but the freedom at the end makes the program liveable.

I just a delightful breakfast, have tons of energy, and am looking forward to the weekend. I came across this quote yesterday and wanted to share it with everyone here on the daily thread as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilivonshtupp View Post
But...a word of caution for anyone who's still on Phases 1-3: you have to EARN that cheat day by getting to your goal weight first, and then you have to PAY for that cheat day with a day of Phase 1 type eating the next!! It's not magic...it's science. If you turn everyday into a cheat day, you will end up right back where you started, and that sucks. Do IP right, follow the rules, and it WILL be your last diet. Seriously.
This is very very true... Also, here is another quote that I came across by Novak in the Life After Phase 1 thread when asked for advice about going off plan. I thought this was worth reposting too:

Quote:
It's difficult for me to comment on your situation, since we have clearly not been on the same diet.

My advice is as it has been all along: follow the IP protocol, if you want the IP results. That is the program I know quite a bit about. If you don't mind getting different results, follow whatever adaptations you care to make, but I really can't help you with the course that plan may take.

Sorry!
Source: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3394251-post180.html

So, here's to a 100% OP weekend for everyone on Phase 1.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 10-07-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Just checking in to say hello and to let everyone know that I officially started maintenance yesterday. It was scary, but I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on some great slow carbs plus a ton of veggies. I bought myself roses (hubby had to work late), made a nice pasta sauce with ground chicken and tons of veggies, and ate that with a serving of whole wheat pasta. What seemed like a "little" pasta was actually amazingly filling. I also had a small glass of white wine.
Would you be able to tell us some of the things you had in your cart? Maintenance scares me a little because I'm obviously not used to shopping for it or I wouldn't be here in the first place. Shakes, bars and veggies are easy for me.

I have a couple of confessions to make. First of all, I was gone all night last night and when I got home my husband was sleeping and when I woke up he had already left for work so I didn't get a chance to remind him to take my scale. I stepped on like every other morning and was down 1.2 from yesterday. This is a number I haven't seen yet. Probably since, oh, junior high days. I will remind him this morning because I really need to see if I can do this. Second, I am sipping a nice hot cup of lemon water. I don't mind the extra carbs the poster commented about yesterday because I'm using a real lemon and I've used half of it in the last 3 days. Not gonna stress about the small stuff.

So far the morning has been great. The scale was down, my girls weren't fighting, there is a nice light rain, and gas was $3.29! I'm super tired but not gonna let that get me down.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #6  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

This is a normal dinner in maintenance. I'm terrified at the idea of a cheat day, but I will take this one day at a time and I know the rules.

For those of you who are just starting out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can't go crazy (except for your one cheat day each week), but the freedom at the end makes the program liveable.

I just a delightful breakfast, have tons of energy, and am looking forward to the weekend. I came across this quote yesterday and wanted to share it with everyone here on the daily thread as well...

This is very very true... Also, here is another quote that I came across by Novak in the Life After Phase 1 thread when asked for advice about going off plan. I thought this was worth reposting too:

So, here's to a 100% OP weekend for everyone on Phase 1.
PixelKitty..Congratulations on starting maintenance!!!! I really like both quotes. You have to trust IP in all of the Phases!!! Plus earning the cheat day is a good way to look at it.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #7  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Would you be able to tell us some of the things you had in your cart? Maintenance scares me a little because I'm obviously not used to shopping for it or I wouldn't be here in the first place. Shakes, bars and veggies are easy for me.

I have a couple of confessions to make. First of all, I was gone all night last night and when I got home my husband was sleeping and when I woke up he had already left for work so I didn't get a chance to remind him to take my scale. I stepped on like every other morning and was down 1.2 from yesterday. This is a number I haven't seen yet. Probably since, oh, junior high days. I will remind him this morning because I really need to see if I can do this. Second, I am sipping a nice hot cup of lemon water. I don't mind the extra carbs the poster commented about yesterday because I'm using a real lemon and I've used half of it in the last 3 days. Not gonna stress about the small stuff.

So far the morning has been great. The scale was down, my girls weren't fighting, there is a nice light rain, and gas was $3.29! I'm super tired but not gonna let that get me down.
Good for you going down! Have a great morning with your lemon water. I may have to start that! It is lightly raining here also.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #8  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Well, I have reached the half way point in my weightloss. I am really excited. I was also encouraged by PxlKitty4 making it to the maintanence phase. YAY!!!! I bought a sweater the other day, I just grabbed the size I usually do off the shelf. Well, I put it on today and I really need it to shrink! It's funny-I didin't even think about having lost weight. Have a great day all!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #9  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead. I awoke to a phone call at 6:20 yesterday morning that my best friend's parents had been killed in a car accident the night before. This is so sad and so shocking!! We love them and they were like grandparents to my own children. They were wonderful parents and grandparents and very respected and esteemed members of our small community. My heart heart is absolutely broken for my friends and their childrem. Their loss is so complete. My friend will have to also take care of all the arrangements because he and his father were in a law firm together so there will be no freedom from this even at work. Now the planning begins not for 1 but for 2 loved ones...

I went to work yesterday despite not wanting to but I'm an optometrist and felt like I needed to be there for my patients. We had a staff meeting yesterday and they had ordered pizza hut for lunch. I left. I just didn't feel like I could stay in that office full of the smell of hot pizza. I came back in the afternoon and at the end of the day was feelling hungry and I opened the fridge and sure enough left-over pizza was in there. I even opened the box and looked at it. It took me a long time but I walked away. I wanted it though. Really bad. I just wanted how easy it was and how good I thought it'd make me feel.

I then went to be with my friends last night after work. It was getting to be about 6 so I was getting hungry. I didn't eat enough for lunch. I just couldn't stomach it. I sat down with several slices of deli meat (ham and turkey) and ate that. No veggies were available. Then guess what? Pizza arrived. I DIDN'T EAT ANY! but dammit I wanted to! I truly felt it might comfort my soul. It appeared to comfort others. But my friends know I'm doing this and have been very supportive and encouraged me that it wouldn't be worth it in the end. They had open bags of potato chips out, candy, bread everywhere. All the bad stuff because people were dropping stuff off.

I will cop to eating 1 slice of co-jack cheese and have 1 small glass of wine. We all did and had a toast to their mother because we used to always walk to her house to chit chat and drink wine together on the weekend. I will tell you though that many may not agree with me but my "cheating" could have been a heck of a lot worse.

I'm sharing all of this here because in this tragedy my diet is and should be the least of everyone's concern. I'm not going to bother anyone with my diet nonsense so I was hoping to come here for support. It's going to be a long weekend of visiting and cooking and providing for them so I need someone to tell me I can do this. Tell me it's worth it to stay on plan. I'm close to goal so part of me right now is screaming "screw it take the easy way out this weekend!!" Eat what's easy and everyone else is. It's not about me, it's about them!! It seems so ridiculous to even be worrying about my IP diet at a time like this!! But I"ve worked so hard for the last 11 weeks.

I'm looking for encouragement and advice. Thanks so much for listening.

Allison
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead.
I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Take care of yourself and your friends right now, and do what you can to stay on plan.

Honestly, here is the way that I would look at it. If you eat off plan, your body will regret it and you will feel physically ill. If you stay on plan and eat well, you will feel physically better and be better able to handle the emotional stress. Get some additional IP products that are "grab and go" and take them with you. It's better to have two restricted products in a day than doing an all-out cheat.

If nothing else, make sensible choices and make sure that you are getting enough protein (the cheese you ate is a good example of this... while technical not on program, it won't kick you out of ketosis). Also, take additional potassium and salt to make sure that you aren't lightheaded.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead. I awoke to a phone call at 6:20 yesterday morning that my best friend's parents had been killed in a car accident the night before. This is so sad and so shocking!! We love them and they were like grandparents to my own children. They were wonderful parents and grandparents and very respected and esteemed members of our small community. My heart heart is absolutely broken for my friends and their childrem. Their loss is so complete. My friend will have to also take care of all the arrangements because he and his father were in a law firm together so there will be no freedom from this even at work. Now the planning begins not for 1 but for 2 loved ones...

I went to work yesterday despite not wanting to but I'm an optometrist and felt like I needed to be there for my patients. We had a staff meeting yesterday and they had ordered pizza hut for lunch. I left. I just didn't feel like I could stay in that office full of the smell of hot pizza. I came back in the afternoon and at the end of the day was feelling hungry and I opened the fridge and sure enough left-over pizza was in there. I even opened the box and looked at it. It took me a long time but I walked away. I wanted it though. Really bad. I just wanted how easy it was and how good I thought it'd make me feel.

I then went to be with my friends last night after work. It was getting to be about 6 so I was getting hungry. I didn't eat enough for lunch. I just couldn't stomach it. I sat down with several slices of deli meat (ham and turkey) and ate that. No veggies were available. Then guess what? Pizza arrived. I DIDN'T EAT ANY! but dammit I wanted to! I truly felt it might comfort my soul. It appeared to comfort others. But my friends know I'm doing this and have been very supportive and encouraged me that it wouldn't be worth it in the end. They had open bags of potato chips out, candy, bread everywhere. All the bad stuff because people were dropping stuff off.

I will cop to eating 1 slice of co-jack cheese and have 1 small glass of wine. We all did and had a toast to their mother because we used to always walk to her house to chit chat and drink wine together on the weekend. I will tell you though that many may not agree with me but my "cheating" could have been a heck of a lot worse.

I'm sharing all of this here because in this tragedy my diet is and should be the least of everyone's concern. I'm not going to bother anyone with my diet nonsense so I was hoping to come here for support. It's going to be a long weekend of visiting and cooking and providing for them so I need someone to tell me I can do this. Tell me it's worth it to stay on plan. I'm close to goal so part of me right now is screaming "screw it take the easy way out this weekend!!" Eat what's easy and everyone else is. It's not about me, it's about them!! It seems so ridiculous to even be worrying about my IP diet at a time like this!! But I"ve worked so hard for the last 11 weeks.

Allison
How sad, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends, that is a hard thing to deal with. My advise is you know you can stay on plan you just have to prepare ahead. bring a bag of veggies with you or a bar, you will be there to comfort the family it really isn't about you right now but how you can help them. It will be so hard to stay good in a situation like this. do the best you can. You have worked hard and even though this is a hard time for you and your friends you can still be strong and be there for them at the same time. Try remembering the good times, like you wine chats and such, they will always be in your heart and your memories. Take care.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

TGIF everyone

Hi Ishbel, thanks for the callout! I'm always reading but have such a boring life that i really had nothing good to say, lol.

Sandra - It was great meeting you last night, next time we'll get together for longer and chat some more. I tried everything and most fit but for a few, thank you so much again

Have a good day everyone! Also, for my dessert for thanksgiving, i decided that i'm going to make the jellow and put some WF mashmallow dip on it!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 10-07-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Good morning everyone. I've had a rough couple of days and a rough weekend ahead. I awoke to a phone call at 6:20 yesterday morning that my best friend's parents had been killed in a car accident the night before. I'm looking for encouragement and advice. Thanks so much for listening.

Allison
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:

Allison
I am so sorry for your loss, indeed it is a tragedy losing both parents at the same time, I can't imagine the sadness of your friend.

I am not quite sure what to say to make you feel any better, all I want is to give you some encouragement through this hard time you are going through. Passing away is part of life, a hard part, but a part we have to live and learn to accept.

I know that you would not be able to even think about your diet in this hard period of time, just take it one day at a time and think about being as strong as possible for yourself and for your loved one.

My prayers are with you.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Allison
I am so sorry about this tragedy. I immediately put myself in your place when I read this, as my best friend's parents are like parents to me.
Such a hard time. But, you should not feel guilty about worrying about IP. This is a huge lifestyle change for you and you are struggling with your past habits trying to "comfort" you. Just remind yourself, sadly, eating the cake Aunt whomever brings over or the pasta dish cousin whomever makes, will not bring them back or make you or your friends and their family feel better. And then you will just make yourself even more upset that you went off plan.
Honor those you lost by taking care of yourself. Bring some gum, sip some tea and coffee. chop up some veggies to munch on when you are visiting, and bring a bar or ridges or puffs. it's always better to have more IP products than required than to give up temporarily.
to you and thoughts and prayers for everyone.
Stay strong and OP!
Closed Thread