Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #1  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Wink What's your incentive program?

Hi there!

As a person who is starting up my diet/exercising again for the (insert ginormous number here) time, I am interested in what is getting you motivated? What's at the end of the line or what "prizes" are you giving yourself for pounds you lose? (Ex: "When I lose 10 pounds, I'll buy myself a day at the spa!!" or something like that)

Of course the end all goal is to become happy, healthy, and feeling beautiful! But having a little fun with your weight loss, I think, is a great idea!

My boyfriend and I are huuuuugggge nerds! We love reading comics, playing video games, watching movies, tv, etc etc. He wanted to become active in my weight loss so he came up with rewards I can win for the amount pounds I lose:

• 10 lbs. ($10 worth of comics of my choice)
  • 20 lbs. (2 Funko Pop Heroes, these cute little statues I collect!)
  • 35 lbs. (A Blu-Ray of my choice!)
  • 50 lbs. (4 tshirts of my choice!)
  • 75 lbs. (A statue, bust, or piece of artwork)
  • 100 lbs. (A weekend in Gatlinburg, TN!! I love the mountains!)

These are awesome rewards for me. (He knows me so well ). But I also get "special rewards" which are meals/treats of my choice for inches from my waist lost.

Awesome right? So lemme hear what yall are looking forward to, and if you have set up rewards for yourself.

Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I bought myself a Pandora bracelet and every time I lose 10lbs I get a new charm. When I get to my goal I get a WHOLE new wardrobe!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244 / 178 / 190 w/ muscle

Height: 5'11

Lol wow, I'm in the exact same boat as your boyfriend. I'm getting my fiance involved more in fitness, and those rewards are an AWESOME idea. We're video game/movie nerds too! =D

She's really looking forward to Skyrim, maybe a 30lb weight loss goal is I'll get her the collector's edition... she LOVES the dragon that comes with it.

Last edited by Wayne W; 09-27-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #4  
Lok'tar Ogar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne W View Post
Lol wow, I'm in the exact same boat as your boyfriend. I'm getting my fiance involved more in fitness, and those rewards are an AWESOME idea. We're video game/movie nerds too! =D

She's really looking forward to Skyrim, maybe a 30lb weight loss goal is I'll get her the collector's edition... she LOVES the dragon that comes with it.
@Wayne: Aw that's awesome! You should totally do that for her she would love it I'm sure. (I know I do! )

@wuv2bloved: That's is an AMMMAAZING idea! Totally creative. I love it. And buying a new wardrobe after dropping weight is a must for everyone.

Last edited by Soft Speaker; 09-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wayne, Soft Speaker, CAN WE BE FRIENDS? Haha. I'm a nerd too if you couldn't guess by my avatar Wayne you are an awesome fiancee, buying her Skyrim and all that. Maybe I'll prod my fiancee to get it for me since I've been so good.

My fiancee and I don't really have an arrangement for anything because we're both too poor right now to buy rewards for each other. He doesn't need to lose weight at all, but I do believe my weight loss has inspired him to get fit. He's been building muscle lately and he looks GREAT
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Wayne, Soft Speaker, CAN WE BE FRIENDS? Haha. I'm a nerd too if you couldn't guess by my avatar Wayne you are an awesome fiancee, buying her Skyrim and all that. Maybe I'll prod my fiancee to get it for me since I've been so good.

My fiancee and I don't really have an arrangement for anything because we're both too poor right now to buy rewards for each other. He doesn't need to lose weight at all, but I do believe my weight loss has inspired him to get fit. He's been building muscle lately and he looks GREAT
lol I definitely noticed the Sonic Generations pic! It's awesome to hear you're doing so well and even inspiring your fiance.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #7  
Lok'tar Ogar!

@Sontaikle: Of course we can be friends!!! I love your avatar btw. And be proud of your nerdiness! A few weekends ago I went to a comic book convention here and dressed up as a Pikachu. NO JOKE! I am not ashamed!!! hah.

You know if you want cheap-nerdy things you could always have a LotR, or Star Wars movie weekend to celebrate your weight loss. Or plan a video game night where yall find a game and co-op together or kick each others butts! Just committing to spend the weekend together I think would be a good reward.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #8  

Actually, while we're on the subject... do you girls actually have some good co-op games you like playing with your guys? lol I've been looking for a good co-op game I can play together with my fiance, but the #1 thing you see these days are shooters, and we're both RPG-holics!

Last edited by Wayne W; 09-27-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #9  
Lok'tar Ogar!

Quote:
Actually, while we're on the subject... do you girls actually have some good co-op games you like playing with your guys? lol I've been looking for a good co-op game I can play together with my fiance, but the #1 thing you see these days are shooters, and we're both RPG-holics!
I am a big fan of co-op shooters (lul Halo). But I get wanting to play together in an RPG. Of course there are MMOs (WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest, etc) but those you usually have to pay for which is silly. There aren't really that many options. I think Little Big Planet might have offline co-op? But you should try getting her into shooters. Nothing too crazy but Halo would be a good start :3
Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Speaker View Post
@Sontaikle: Of course we can be friends!!! I love your avatar btw. And be proud of your nerdiness! A few weekends ago I went to a comic book convention here and dressed up as a Pikachu. NO JOKE! I am not ashamed!!! hah.

You know if you want cheap-nerdy things you could always have a LotR, or Star Wars movie weekend to celebrate your weight loss. Or plan a video game night where yall find a game and co-op together or kick each others butts! Just committing to spend the weekend together I think would be a good reward.
Haha I love cosplaying! It's so much fun

The weekend is really the only time we get together as I work full-time and he lives quite a ways away. I think I'll keep a "fun" weekend in mind for when we live together and need to reward ourselves with special time.

Quote:
Fable 3 is pretty fun since you can actually bring in your character, get married to each other and have kids haha. My fiancee and I had fun with that for a while when it was out. We also have a blast playing Minecraft since my brother has a server set up. My mother often walks in to the living room shaking her head because my fiancee and I will be on our laptops and my brother will be on the family computer and she doesn't understand how we're all playing together. Otherwise my fiancee and I happen to enjoy some of the shooters (we like zombie games...)

Edit: I second LittleBigPlanet! It's SO MUCH fun and there is offline co-op but you can both go online on the same console if you have other friends who you want to play online with

Last edited by sontaikle; 09-27-2011 at 05:00 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #11  

I'm an enormous halo fan (just hit general grade 2 yesterday!). We used to play WoW before the latest expansion but that soaked up way too much time if you want to get anywhere. Maybe I'll just try introducing her to Firefight in halo since that's sort of PvE based .

I think she would love LBP but we don't have a ps3 yet . Sorry for turning your thread into a nerd fest... lol
Old 09-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #12  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Gaming geek signing in as well. I went a bit further than most and made a career out of it, I've been working in the gaming industry for 5 years now.

I'm also a gamer girl, playing mostly RPGs, strategy games and build games. My boyfriend only plays Civilization IV at the moment, but once we get settled in the new house I'll try to lure him to play other games as well. I don't think it would work for us to play games together, our playing styles are quite different and we each enjoy different things in a game.

Back on topic, the incentive program is a great idea and something I've been toying with as well. I've considered putting aside a coin for every day I stay on program, or for every workout, and after a month buying something nice with the money.

A few things that would make my incentive list would be a Lush package, some game I really want (the Skyrim collector's edition is a great idea!), a good graphic novel or some sort of active outing, like a day kayaking or top-rope climbing or some crazy stuff I've never tried before.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenmancer View Post
Gaming geek signing in as well. I went a bit further than most and made a career out of it, I've been working in the gaming industry for 5 years now.

I'm also a gamer girl, playing mostly RPGs, strategy games and build games. My boyfriend only plays Civilization IV at the moment, but once we get settled in the new house I'll try to lure him to play other games as well. I don't think it would work for us to play games together, our playing styles are quite different and we each enjoy different things in a game.

Back on topic, the incentive program is a great idea and something I've been toying with as well. I've considered putting aside a coin for every day I stay on program, or for every workout, and after a month buying something nice with the money.

A few things that would make my incentive list would be a Lush package, some game I really want (the Skyrim collector's edition is a great idea!), a good graphic novel or some sort of active outing, like a day kayaking or top-rope climbing or some crazy stuff I've never tried before.
That's awesome.. I've been wanting to get into the industry also. Is it ok to contact you elsewhere to talk about it?

I forgot to give my incentive reward. If I reach my goals by November, I'll treat myself to the Halo CE Anniversary
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #14  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Wayne - feel free to PM me.

Sort of an incentive - I want to do a month-long camping trip in Africa with my boyfriend at some point and I'd like to be in a good shape for that (I don't deal well with heat).
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #15  

Kitten - I'm not entirely sure where to go to PM.