South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Daily for 9/6

Good morning on this cool and drizzly Tuesday morning! My hot coffee is much appreciated.

I'm expecting a busy day, as Cindy had company staying at the farm all weekend. I just know the girls's rooms and the playroom must be a mess. At least it will keep me occupied all day. I think it will probably be a long day for me as well, since gymnastics starts up again, too.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Drink lots of coffee cottage!! (and then lots of wine tonight!)

Today is the kids' first day of school. One is already sitting here eating his bowl of cereal, DD is still asleep. Normally, the first day goes well b/c they're so excited, then...downhill from there!

Then I'll jump on the treadmill for a quickie, then off to work. I made my first batch of black bean and sweet potato soup last night, then a batch of smoothies since I won't have time this am. Plan, plan, plan!

Have a great day!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's cool and rainy here too. I was up three times last night, all that rain.... It looks like the remnants of Lee will be right behind this storm, so a few more days of this ahead. Everything takes so much longer in the dehydrator when it's like this.

Cottage - It's definitely a coffee day. I suspect I'll be making a second pot this afternoon

Twynn - Happy first day of school! black bean and sweet potato soup. Every fall I'm excited to rediscover all the soups and stews we loved. Last weekend I made the Tuscan Bean Soup. I'm off to pick one out for this week

I've got a long chore list, of course. Today I start the cleaning/decluttering project. I've got three days then we are off to Boston for a surgical second opinion and a long weekend at the coast for DW's b'day and our anniversary. In the meantime lots to do around here.

The weather is definitely changing and it feels like fall is around the corner. Happy Tuesday!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Twynn! Today's my granddaughter Carley's first day back to school, too, as a 1st grader this year. I'll be eager to call her this evening to hear all about her day. I hope it's a good year for your two!
That black bean soup sounds good, but maybe later in the week when it's cooler. Right now the humidity is making everything feel uncomfortable.

Enjoy your decluttering day, Cyndi!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-06-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee needed here too so I'll join you ladies. The furnace just kicked on. It's pretty dark and cloudy but it's supposed to be a nice first day of school for the kidlets. Happy Grade One, Carley!

Life has shifted back to the usual this week. There's banking this morning and pet therapy this afternoon. Jazz really needs a good brushing before he meets his public again - that thick coat picks up all sorts of bits and pieces when he is out exploring. I have still not figured out his exit route!

I sorted out some clothes yesterday and am ditching half my summer stuff. I'm sure Goodwill would rather I waited until spring but I'll add some of the winter things before I take them to town. I still haven't shortened those two pair of denim pants but they did make it to the sewing table! There is hope!

Hug your kidlets as you send them off into their other life this morning. I am planning to be at the corner shortly after 7:45 so need to get cracking. It won't do for Delta's Citizen of the Year to be seen in her robe hanging out at the corner!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! Up early for my class today (after working a double yesterday and Friday) and I am exhausted! Cannot wait until my schedule starts to normalize a bit and I find a good pattern of eating/sleeping/studying/working. Need to make sure I get ready on time today as he closes the door to anyone who is even a minute late! Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a nap after school before derby practice or I may have to skip it- and I really don't want to do that!
Twynn- black bean and sweet potato? Sounds delicious! I love the fall and all the yummy foods it brings!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Unseasonably cool here today. Maybe we will FINALLY get on our bikes! My book club for tonight is cancelled and will be rescheduled. Looking forward the the crockpot Mexican chicken for leftovers; the house smelled so wonderful when it was cooking yesterday Niggles. Not much else. I have to keep telling myself it's not Monday.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good Morning Everyone!

I shamelessly bragged on last night's thread about this, but I ended up packing food to bring to the MN Twins Baseball game last night, so I didn't have to buy anything there...successful night and down 1 lb this morning to boot! I'm very proud of myself

Tonight we're going to my family's to celebrate (late) Chessa my gf's bday. Should be fun, and they are all so sweet and are preparing a P1 meal. We're having taco bake, a lentil black bean salad and PB cups for dessert Should be a fun night as it is my nephew's first day of first grade tonight so I can't wait to hear all about it!

Twynn-I think I've made that chili before...so tasty, and I was excited to be reminded that it is OP when I arrive at Phase 2! It will be great for football evenings on the couch in front of the TV

Katie-your day sounds HECTIC! I hope it goes great and that you get a nap in.

Have a great day, everyone! Enjoy the crisp, fall weather.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up but working on a sewing project; a new outfit for the sock monkey who's returning to Alaska soon. I decided he needed some fleece coveralls. Pool at 9 this morning then I'll try and finish this project.

Hope you all weather the weather. It's a bit drippy here. Food OP, I seem to be in a groove lately.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sounds almost like fall in here It was a bit chilly this morning, so I didn't go for a run outside, opted for an indoor workout watching the news, I still think I will be able to go outside next week but I am starting to think about which cardio video I want to use when it dips to cool for me to go jogging in the morning.

Got 3/4's of the house power washed yesterday, so I will finish that up this weekend and then I will be ready to turn off the outside water when it turns cold.

Have a great afternoon everyone
Closed Thread