View Poll Results: Do You Clip Coupons For Groceries?
Yes! Wouldn't Shop Without Them!! 3 30.00%
Yes.But Always Seem To Leave Them At Home! 4 40.00%
No.I Never Clip Coupons 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 07:27 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies...(#83)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:36 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #82 and read the last few posts there!!!

Hey....Do ya'll like all my welcome signs????!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:29 PM   #3  

Howdy

As Debbie said, We went back to School today but 2 hours later.It was a very short day!! I was so busy trying to play catch-up with attendance it went by pretty fast.

We were at the emergency room last night.I thought Wayne was having a heart attack! After a shot, EKG, blood work,Xray and 3 precriptions later, We found that he has Plurisy.It's the same symptoms as a heart attack.This is the 3rd time he's had it.He's home from work for a couple of days but he's already feeling some better.

Debbie,

Your post sounded so much better then yesterday. I was getting to worry about you.Continue to get well and take care of yourself!! I didn't get to work out today either.I wanted to come straight home and check on Wayne. Hopefully I'll be able to get 3 days in this week.Don't worry about YOU going until you're well.Also...you can get right back OP then!! Luv ya!!

Jeanne,

Gosh....I was really liking you and lookin' forward to being your friend until... you said you were a Raiders fan!! LOL!! I'm just kidding!!!!I have to tease every now & then to stay SANE!! LOL!! On a serious note:Hope your back is feeling better!! Don't worry about getting back OP (Yes...OP is on plan!) until you are well.Take care!! Post soon and let me know how you are!!

Lisa,
WTG on stopping by the gym and working out!!!! You go girl!!! Keep that motivation going!!! No....sorry, No Buffalo Wild Wings here....but it sure sounds good!!

Gayle,
When does Dee come home? If we don't hear from her soon, Do you wanna go with me to Mexico and drag her off the beach??? LOL!!! Hey.....How is Ralphie? Has he escaped his cage yet and ended up in the bed with you?????

DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU HOME?????!!!!! MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki...........Ramona...............Jennelle..... ........Carol.............Doni..............Come out where ever you are!!!! POST SOON!!!!! Did ya'll have an OP day & exercised???

See ya later....Gotta clean the kitchen now!!

Smooches!!
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 01-21-2003 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:17 PM   #4  

Hola Girls

I just wanted to post a quick one. I haven't read any post for more than a week. Larry copied the ones from before last tueday and brought them down for me. I was only on the pc a few times in pv. Missed you all and will catch up on everything tomorrow. We had a marvelous time and didn't want to come home.

DEE
Old 01-21-2003, 10:38 PM   #5  

Oh Sherry, how scary that must have been for you!!! I'm glad Wayne is ok. I know it's always scary when you think a loved one is having a heart attack. Please make sure you're taking care of yourself, you don't do anyone any good when you're stressed to the max.

I'll be happy to join you in going to Mexico. This cold here is starting to get on my nerves! And we really don't have any snow, none to go snowmobiling or anything. It's kinda depressing.

Well back to work, at least I have the rest of the week off! I get to start tiling the bathroom floor tomorrow so we can finish it and actually call it a bathroom LOL
Old 01-22-2003, 01:00 AM   #6  
Losing it!

WHOO-HOOO!!!!! Our little Senorita has returned and is now a Candian snow bird!!!!! Glad to hear that you had a fun filled trip!!!!!!!!!! BTW: What date is your birthday?

Lisa: Good luck tiling the floor, it sounds like you got your work cut out for you!!!!

Sher: I hope Wayne's feeling better!!! I bet it was scary!!! Does it hurt when he breathes?

Jeanne: I hope the back is feeling better!!!!! I see that you like to watch some of the same TV shows that I do. Have you seen class reunion?

Deb: You will get motivated again!!! It's hard to do with snow on the ground.

I finished up my last night of training with Hospice and received my certificate. The coordinater will be contacting me in a few days to see how much time I can devote and what area's I would like. Did I tell you that I plan on putting a few cases together of hair care and beauty supplies so that I can cut or set the hair or do makeup since I'm a licensed cosmetologist.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:10 PM   #7  

Hello Floozies. I thought I would drop in and let you know I'm still alive!

Sherry~I'm so sorry about Wayne's illness. You must have been quite frightened. I hope he continues to improve each day. Any news on the new job yet?

Debbie~I'm glad you are feeling better. You'll be back at Curves working that bod in no time!!! Also, you'll be on that beach in Florida before you know it!

Gayle~Congratulations on your certification. That is such a special thing for you to do. I don't know how we would have made it if we hadn't had Hospice when my FIL became ill. If I drive to Kansas, will you give me a perm? I would really like to have a body wave and my salon wants $90.00!! I don't really want to turn lose of that kind of money just for a little body!

Lisa~Way to go on the exercise. I'm sure with the schedule you keep at work it is sometimes difficult to work it in. All of the EMT's here buy their duty boots from me so I hear all about the work schedules. BTW, I don't know if I officially welcomed you to the group. If not, then WELCOME!

Jeanne~I don't think I welcomed you either, so, WELCOME to you to! Are you going to Maui for a special occasion? I went to Hawaii when I was in High School and Maui was my absoulte favorite island. It was incredibly peaceful and not at all commercialized.

Shelley~Did you ever get your car running again? I hope you will be able to post some pix of the Bat Mitzvah soon. I would love to see your daughter. I know you are so proud!! How are the new running shoes working out? Now that you have been fitted for them, maybe you won't have anymore toe problems.

Jennelle~I have been following you on the BFL thread. It looks like you are doing really well with your new WOE. I really admire anyone who can keep up with the BFL schedule! I can barely keep track of what day it is, much less what meal I'm on for the day!

Doni~It sure takes dedication to home school your children. I had to HS my oldest one year when he was in and out of the hospital. I thought we were going to kill each other before it was over!!! I have taught in public school(substitute), but I honestly think it was easier to teach other's children than my own.

Dee~WELCOME HOME!!!!!! I sure have missed you. Do you have a beautiful golden tan? I know you will have some pictures to share with us. I can hardly wait!

Vicki~I hope things are calming down at your house. Money can make otherwise sane people go completely off their rockers!

Carol, Wanda, DebyJ........hope to hear from you soon.
Well, things have settled down a bit here. I've finally decided I just have to let things fall into place however they will. I can't change the past and I can't predict the future, so I just have to live in the here and now, and make the best of it.
From October until January, I put on exactly 15 pounds. Now, I could make all kinds of excuses about stress, company, etc. But the fact is, I let myself get out of control. I have been back in control for the last two weeks. I am 100% OP and have been using my new set of Leslie Sansone tapes. Two weeks ago I could barely fit into my 14 jeans and now my 12's are comfortable. I'm looking forward to pulling the 10's back out!
Sorry this was so long, just had a lot of catching up to do.

Love,
Ramona
Old 01-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #8  

Don't know why the two blushies appeared at the bottom of my post!!!!! LOL
Old 01-22-2003, 10:40 PM   #9  

Well I went to Green Bay intending to just price out the tile and accessories I need to do the tiling job..... I went to Home Depot (one of my FAVORITE stores in the whole world) and found it to cost app. $160. I then hopped into my car and drove to Menards where I found out it would be about $90. The only hitch, the sale would end on Friday on the tile and I just absolutely knew that I wouldn't be able to drag DH there to make sure he liked it. So I bought it, and all the accessories that go along with doing the job. LOL DH was a tad shocked. He was also a little miffed that he got to carry the 5 very HEAVY boxes of tiles down to the basement bathroom. Bless his little heart. So, once we get the wet saw we'll be tiling away. Hopefully the floor will be done by Sunday.

Gayle, congratulations on the Hospice certificate. You're a very special person for doing this. And what a great idea you have for doing hair and make up. When my mom started losing her hair, getting a wig was the most important task on her list for a while. We have a strange sense of humor in my family, and my sister and I call her wig her "Sunday, gone to meetin' hair!" She loves it!! Like I said, we're strange.

Sherry, how's Wayne doing? Is he taking it easy? Did they put him on steroids? Or did they prescribe NSAIDs?

Ramona, thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately I didn't get to the gym today, just did a lot of walking around Home Depot and Menards... Oh and then I had to load 5 HEAVY boxes of tiles into the back of my truck.

Dee, welcome back from Mexico. I'm a newbie here but heard all about you. I can't wait for your bday party!!! I'm bringing Dr. McGillicutty's Peppermint Schnapp's. Leaves your breath minty fresh! Also, do you think you could stop sending the cold air to Wisconsin please? I saw on the news where all the cold we're getting it coming from Canada. Think you could look into it? LOL thanks

Well even though school doesn't start for me til the 28th, we got our books last night and homework assignments. Sheesh! So I guess I'd get it done, that way I'm a good example to my kids.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:09 AM   #10  
Losing it!

Hello girls & thank you for the kind words!!!

Lisa: Does your mom wear her wig during the week or just on weekends? Several people that lose their hair complain that they are just to darn itchy or scratchy. I have a friend who started out with wigs and now switched over to turbans. Good luck on your tiling chore, I have tried my hand at several home improvments, but never anything that I would need a wet saw! Again good luck and be careful!

Ramona: Sure, drive on over to Kansas and I will fix you up!!!! Do you have a cosmetology school close by? Students usually do the hair with close supervision, most of the time the instructors will stop by and check plus come back through toward the end of the service to make sure all went well. If you just want a body wave, you might give it a try. If you would like suggestions on rod size etc. just holler!!!!

Girls: Since we have a few newbies, I thought it would be neat if we each wrote down what keeps us motivated to stay on plan and any helpful hints that you would like to suggest.

I buy white meat chicken by the large bag, cook in the crock pot and then chunk it. Bag it up, freeze and I have "instant" chicken to add to dishes.

I use the boca crumbles instead of ground beef in chili etc. no one knows the difference.

I try to keep fresh fruit on the counters at all times!!!! If I get hungry, I eat an apple or orange first, then if I'm still hungry I munch on something else.

Two HUGE jugs of water in the fridge!!!! GULP! GULP! GULP!!!

To stay motivated I try to remember how much better I feel a smaller size. My butt has spread over the past several months due to "relaxed" eating and way to many sweets. I have went back up to my 14's again. I have made a vow to lose this weight once and for all and to get healthy along the way!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 12:18 AM   #11  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey girls!!!

It's snowing AGAIN!!! We are expecting from 1 to 3 inches of the white stuff tonight. They have already called school off for tomorrow. YIPEEEE!!!
I have been feeling alittle sick to my stomach today from all the medication I'm taking, but hoping to be feeling better tomorrow.
I'll post a long one in the morning!!!
Good nite....love ya...deb
Old 01-23-2003, 01:20 AM   #12  

Angry

Hey all,

Thanks to my mahvalous chiropractor I am feeling soooo much better. I went in for a treatment again this a.m. and am feeling just about normal (whatever that is!). The chiro was duly impressed by my quick comeback. Evidently I had pulled a muscle and it was spasming. The chiro gave me Valerian root to stop the spasms and treated me with these electro massage thingies that zap the muscles so they are too tired to spasm. LIFE is good again. I just feel like I got ripped off because of the wasted day in bed. Oh well.

Ramona: thanks for the welcome! We are going to Maui for a number a reasons...15 year wedding anniversary, 45th birthday, my dh finally says he'll go (he doesn't like flying especially over the ocean), and the kids are old enough to enjoy it. The last time I was there was in '76 which feels like a lifetime ago (I guess it was!) so I'm pretty excited.

Lisa: After you are done with your floor, can you come to our house? I have the classic case of being married to a contractor who doesn't want to work on his own house!!

Gayle--What are boca crumbles??? Frankly, I'm in need of motivation so that is why I am here. I haven't seen Class Reunion, is it worth watching? Usually I don't watch much television during the week because of work and hanging with the kids. After they are in bed I usually go online. There are a few exceptions though. I love "The Sopranos", "Six Feet Under" and sometimes I'll get into "Survivor", other than that it's cartoons with the kids and the news.

Talking about pant's sizes, don't you just love stretch jeans? They came in style just as the old leggings went out. Of course they don't have the same appetite control warning system since you don't have to unbutton them as fast as old fashioned Levi's!

Dee--I'm looking forward to hearing about the trip. So when is your birthday?? and where is the PAR-TAY??? Sounds like it is going to be a real wild time.

Sherry--Glad to hear your hubby is doing better. Sounds like it was a nightmare. What is Plurisy if you don't mind me asking? Why did it take them so long to figure it out if he had it before? Well I'm just glad that he is okay.

See ya, fellow floozies!
(hey I just found this, my new sig)

Last edited by Maui Wowie; 01-23-2003 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:34 AM   #13  

gdeann,um i guess ill provide the music,dh is great with mixing tunes.so everyone will dance the nite away!
ive been homeschooling for 5 yrs now,no im not certified.
its not required yet.
wtg on recieving your certificate!!!!!!! thats awesome!
hey im a cosmetologist to.

sher,hope the arrangement works for you guys.
love your welcome signs.
hoping waynes better, ive had plurisy before it hurts bad!

shelleym,your doing great op!and your secret is?

deb,
i know just how you feel!
and the weather doesnt help i always seem to eat more kinda like the warm fuzzies.id better shut up or ill be hungry.lol!
ive had the same sinus infection off and on since oct.
my nose feels like raw hamberger.
sorry to be so graphic!
you know you can talk to us bout everything,your among friends here.

lisa,
im so glad your enjoying excercise now.
keep it up!

ramona,
i do leslie to!
dont ya just love her?

WELCOME BACK DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its super cold here -25 windchill.
brrrr!!!!!!!
cya later.
love
Old 01-23-2003, 09:14 AM   #14  

Hey Jeanne, I was in Hawaii in '76 also! My 25th anniversary is next year and we are planning to go to Victoria, British Columbia.
I hope you have a great time!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:59 AM   #15  
Losing it!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S MAKE THIS A GREAT OP DAY!!!!!!

Jeanne: We just happened to catch the first episode of class reunion, then we made sure to watch the following. They send out selected members from a class, you have the class clown, bully, jock etc. It's funny that since school, career, family and so on, most people have changed, but once in that situation, they seem to regress and take on that role again. Kind of an interesting show. Already a few fights going on.... but, as with any good show, starts out great and mid-season it's a stinker!
Boca crumbles can be found in the frozen food section in a box. They are made from soy and veggie protein. My hubby is very, very picky and he will eat this! Already pre-formed, cooked and so on, just add! I make my chili and toss in the crumbles...no one can tell! We even had boco crumble taco's about a week ago.
BTW: Glad your feeling better!!!!!

Doni: What kind of music are you bringing to the party???? Do you keep your cosmetology license up? We need to renew every other year here.

Deb: I hope you and James are feeling better!!!! Seem's like sinus is the problem right now with several people. I too have been fighting the stuff. YIPPPEEEE!!!!!

Ramona & Doni: Are the Leslie Sansone tapes worth the moola??? I noticed walmart had a set on display.

Sher: How's Wayne? I need to ask too, what exactly is plurisy? It's with the lungs, isn't it?

Okay, Carol & Vickster: Look's like you two are the only one's not signed up yet to entertain us or bring something to Dee's B-day party! What shall it be??

Dee: Where the heck are you??? We know your not on the beach anymore. How the heck are we to have a cyber birthday party for ya if you don't tell us the date?

To all of the other Floozies::::::::Wishing you a super, duper day!!! Remember to come and check in!!!!!!
Closed Thread