Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Default One Month Madness

So I've got one month before school starts up for me again. I want to start off feeling confident and stronger. Meaning it's time to get motivated, get off my butt, and get some exercise. Okay so here are the programs I'm doing:

100 push-ups program (http://www.hundredpushups.com/)
200 sit-ups program (http://www.twohundredsitups.com/)
200 squats program (http://www.twohundredsquats.com/)

I also want to do the 150 dips program. However I'm not sure if doing the push-up and dips thing at the same time is the best idea. What do you guys think?

I shall be biking every other day for the rest of the month (weather permitting). I want to be able to bike 30miles. Obviously this probably isn't going to be achieved in a month. How would and reach this and how long would it take?

I want to increase flexibility. Any tips on doing this?

Thanks!
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

That sounds really cool! I think I may start doing those as well.

As far as increasing bike mileage: just time really. You have to strengthen your body. Start out doing mostly 10-12mile rides with a longer 15-20 once a week or so. Then slowly add miles to the longer one. 30 miles would probably be a once a week or so thing, not an everyday thing. At least not for a while. As you strengthen your legs doing strength exercises, such as the squats, you will be able to increase your mileage and speed as well.
As far as flexibility, I like pilates. There is a series on You Tube called POP pilates that are really good! Check those out.

I'd also recommend that you keep trying to do a lot of these workouts once you're in school, if you can. I will enjoy seeing your progress. I think I will start doing the programs as well! Very cool!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
That sounds really cool! I think I may start doing those as well.

As far as increasing bike mileage: just time really. You have to strengthen your body. Start out doing mostly 10-12mile rides with a longer 15-20 once a week or so. Then slowly add miles to the longer one. 30 miles would probably be a once a week or so thing, not an everyday thing. At least not for a while. As you strengthen your legs doing strength exercises, such as the squats, you will be able to increase your mileage and speed as well.
As far as flexibility, I like pilates. There is a series on You Tube called POP pilates that are really good! Check those out.

I'd also recommend that you keep trying to do a lot of these workouts once you're in school, if you can. I will enjoy seeing your progress. I think I will start doing the programs as well! Very cool!
If you decide to do it to would you mind posting your progress? It'd be really fun to do the program with someone else too!

Thanks for the help with the biking thing! Yeah 30miles every day isn't realistic. No time and right now I'm certainly not capable! Squats are making it into my routine. So simple- and free too! They are such a great exercise! I will make sure I maintain during the year. I'll do it once a day. Besides it's not really time consuming to do some push ups every morning. :-)

Hehe I'll make sure I post my progress and such. I'll post tomorrow and then maybe a few times a week. Bye and check back soon! <3
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #4  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

I LOVE pilates for flexibility and toning. I am not familiar with biking but I think i am going to take up that 200 sit ups and 200 squat challenges. Thanks for the ideas!
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #5  

Pilates it is!! Just finished day one on both the programs. I love the little pocket organizer thing or the program. So cute and fits in my pocket! Good luck on your challenges. <3
Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #6  

Hi chickies! Looks like we've got another person to join up!
I did the initial tests. I'm level 2 for pushups. For situps and squats I'm starting in week 3 the third column! I didn't think I'd do that great on the tests! That makes me happy!
Later I will do day1 of each one! I'll be doing it every other day as suggested by the creators of the program. I'll check in today and then wednesday!
See you chickies later!! Keep it movin'!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #7  
Ninja Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 204/204/126

Height: 5'2"

I might try the push ups too, but likely with a modified version!
eliz204to126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #8  

I'm not doing the 100 push-ups program, but I will say that over the course of the summer, I decided to focus on doing push-ups as my main form of upper body strength training. I was SO weak to begin with (and still am). I could only do TWO (!!) full-body push ups. I started in June. As of now, I can easily do eight full-body push-ups in a row. I ultimately do 48 push-ups, 3 days a week (as part of my strength training routine). My ST routine looks like this:

1 set of 16 tricep extensions (w/ 5 lb. wts for now; I need to get some 8 lbs.)
1 set of 8 push-ups
1 set of 12 weighted squats
another set of 8 push-ups

I do three sets of the above, three times a week.

I really admire you ladies for biking all those miles. I've just gotten into biking and REALLY like it. However, I feel like such a wimp. I go about 6-7 miles at most and I'm wiped! I'm going to have to step up my game to keep up with you guys!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #9  

lin43: You're doing awesome! There is no need to push yourself too far because we are doing more. You're doing what your body can handle. Most days when I go for a bike ride it is 6-8miles. Then other days I'll do more. But, I have to say I haven't ridden my bike in a couple weeks due to heat and just not wanting to LOL. .
It looks like you have a nice ST routine as well!

today is day2.. I will be doing it later though. Later chickies!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
But, I have to say I haven't ridden my bike in a couple weeks due to heat and just not wanting to LOL. .

I hear ya'!! This heat is draining me. I've managed to ride my bike in the mornings a few days a week, but when it's not hot, I prefer riding it in late mornings / early afternoons. That's when I usually run errands, and I like doing that with my bike (I'm one of those people who prefers to have a destination). I'll have to wait until it cools off to start doing that again.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #11  

Lin: I started running errands on the bike as well. Not every time I go out, but I like it. It gives me a task to complete, not just exercise I love too with biking how far I can go compared to when I was trying to jog.
today is rainy, but tomorrow I want to go for a bike ride. I may go in the afternoon since I have to work in the morning. I'm not a morning person anyway..

Today I finished day2 of the 3. I also did some arm circuit training kinda stuff. My arms are pretty beat LOL.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186.6/184/135

Height: 5'7

I'm doing the 100 pushups, 200 situps, and 200 squats program as well! Week 1 for pushups, week 3 for the other two. Good luck everyone!
firefoxy is offline   Reply With Quote