Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 8.1.11 - 8.7.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Yess!!! I'm definitely jumping

Hoping for a really great, healthy August!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #3  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Yup...hoping for a healthy blessed august too!!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Day 4... The "noise" in my head seems to be getting quieter, also i've lost 2 weeks in a row...and I'm back to 40#s down...Little bits at a time and I'll take it!

Last edited by BethC; 07-31-2011 at 04:09 PM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Day 2, I feel pretty good today, I had a few minor cravings earlier but I managed to ignore them, I have a pretty busy week ahead of me so hopefully that'll help keep me distracted and on track! I'm not going to weigh myself until I'm 100% sure the bloat is gone. There's no way I gained weight, my tight pants have gotten much looser this last couple weeks.
LemonZest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 124/?/107-110

hi everyone. trying hard to finish day 15. went to a bbq today and while i didn't overeat, i did eat off plan and these are days that i feel like i should just binge because why not when i ate off plan. i do feel full, but not overly full, but i also know i ate a lot of veggies and drank A LOT of water. i'm just not satisfied for some reason. so i'm chewing my gum and drinking water and trying to stay distracted despite the yummy things that are leftover from the bbq in the kitchen. been a stressful few days and the upcoming are not that much better, and while i have been dealing with the stress and emotions by actually feeling them, i miss being able to drown myself in food. it is so much easier.

i'm hoping i feel better tomorrow, but i have a feeling it may be a struggle too.
heather29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #7  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

This weekend was really bad, ate way too much. I hate that hubby has to have junk in this house! He needs to stop and I need to improve on controlling myself. Day 1 tomorrow!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Lemon, keep going. Sounds like you lost some inches so yay.

fruitlady, I'm sorry it is hard to avoid the hubby's junk food, but remember you can have some too, make sure you are not self sabotaging by trying to get rid of his food. I know that sounds wierd, but when something is in the house I don't approve of, I will actually try to eat it all to get rid of it...doesn't make sense does it? that is why I admire people who can throw birthday cake away. not me.

heather.yumm. just remember that bbq does not equal a pound gained unless you stuff yourself with it, and don't need it for energy--then it's going to your hips.

Beth, it is the small victories.

welcome Leah, I like your slogan.

thanks vixsin, for your positive leadership.

desires, i agree. Let's have a healthy August.

ok, been off plan for 2 days. Also been having a stomach bug. I don't think I have lost any weight though. I will be happy to be maintaining my 197. Plus, we are going out to dinner tomorrow. I am not going to pretend I am not going to eat. I am DEFINITELY going to eat, but they have lots of healthy choices too.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-01-2011 at 01:53 AM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Day 36

I went through all of July Binge Free!

Fruit Lady--I agree w/ JenDiet, I do that too, eat ALL of the "junk" to get rid of it. I'm over it though. I learned three things to help me fight "junk food urges" and this self-sabotoging way of cleaning "junk food" out:

1) The junk food will always be around. I can have this junk food later when I really worked hard for it, or need the comfort in eating it. If I'm hungry, I'll eat a meal or mini meal. If I'm not hungry, I'll tell myself: more food is coming, just wait until I will be hungry for it.

2) Junk food is sub-par food. Junk food is cheap, doesn't fill you up or satiates you as much as real food, and is manufactured in a way to taste good but not fill you up. Food companies know this and are making money off of you because it costs so little to make that bag of ___ or box of ___. All they need to do is add Hydrogenated oil, lard, butter, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sodium or MSG to make you keep coming back for more.

3) The junk food is not THAT great tasting anyways. I keep healthier and better tasting options available at all times. Example: Full fat ice cream vs. Nonfat Frozen Yogurt. Nutrition wise, the junk food NEVER wins. Sure I sacrifice taste sometimes when I choose the healthier option, but the HUGE differential in calories and nutrition make me want the healthier option.

It's not helpful to think that he has "junk" and you don't want it in the house. You can't just say "he needs to stop and I need to better control myself". Being so controlling on yourself is what gets us in trouble I think. Avoiding his junk food should come naturally to you. Let him do his own thing and have whatever "junk" he has in the house. What would be good is for him to "learn" from you and your healthy eating habits (which should come naturally if you do this all the time) and little by little, you'll see his improvements and less junk food in your home. I know you have to buy the food for him, but try to buy the healthier options and tell him why it's better. Talk more with him about "why" the junk food is bad...focus the discussion on the ingredients in the junk food, how it's not healthy (fats, cals, too starchy, too sugary, too salty etc.), and worry about yourself and watch what you eat. Don't let his food make you overeat or binge. Work on your own healthy eating habits and he will follow.

Last edited by Beila; 08-01-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have no idea what Day it is but I just wanted to update and say I'm back in America and I can't wait to eat healthy food again after nary 2 weeks of celebratory farewell dinners and parties.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #11  

Well, I made it 4 days, then went off the deep end again. On Saturday I started my day off right, with healthy, satisfying, and delicious food. Went to a CPR class and passed my certification with flying colors. Got home and... I don't know what happened. Felt the first inklings of the "need" come up, couldn't distract myself from it, so I went and took a nap. First thing on my brain when I woke up was binge food. And I gave in. Went out and bought my poison, ate until I was physically ill, and ate some more. Since I am not a purger (thankfully), I was unable to finish everything I bought, so Sunday started off with the wrong kinds of foods and in the wrong quantities. It wasn't as bad as Sunday as I didn't eat *as much* but I still had that out-of-control vacuum feeling so I consider it an extension of Saturday's binge.

Today's a new day.

I need to call the dang therapist and make an appointment.

I've also called my ob/gyn to see if I can get my pill brand switched - I have a feeling my pill may be playing a role in my mental health. The last time I successfully lost 30lb, I had gone off the pill. I went back on it, and within 5 months I had put back on half, and another 3 months later I had it all back on. That can't just be coincidence right?
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Big thanks to vixin!!!

445!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #13  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I seriously can't believe that today is Day 28 for me, and I made it through 4 weekends without a binge!!! I haven't gone this long since I hit maintenance 7 months ago, so I'm absolute ecstatic.
I've been enjoying my meals, listening to my hunger signals and real cravings, and it has worked. My weight has been very slowly coming back down and is back well within my maintenance range and I'm feeling so much better about myself.
I'm still scared that a binge is going to hit anyday soon, we're going away on holiday on Saturday for a week and I know this is going to be my biggest challenge yet, but having now done a month binge free is helping me feel more prepared for it. I just hope that I can continue as I have been as I just feel so much calmer, more content and free-er this last couple of weeks.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/138/120

Height: 5

Im new here and I think this is exactly what Im looking for. I binged last night and I woke up this MORNING with the same old story that it was the last time. Today is a new day and Im never gonna do that again. But I DON’T believe myself. All I can do is try. But I cant help but ask my self "what is going to click in your head that will actually make you stop?" I feel like I will never get there. But its 11:30 of day one and Im doing good so far. People say you have to take it day by day, but I have to take it hour by hour.
Qrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

CONGRATS VIXSIN ON ONE YEAR!!
(starting your journey..."path to skinnyville")

Last edited by Beila; 08-01-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote