Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Gah! I was doing sooo good last week! I stayed within my calorie limit for 6 days, but then the weekend killed me. It was a festival weekend here in my hometown. The first day, I still managed to do well calorie wise, even though I ate festival food (burger, butterfly fries, and a falafel gyro). That evening we had friends over, and we all ordered zonies (like personal calzones). I saved mine for the next day.

Saturday, I had that zonie for lunch. For dinner I had 2 slices of sausage pizza, and half a p'zone. The scale went up the next morning...

Sunday was bad as well. I was discouraged from the day before, and I ended up having three not so great calorie wise snacks. In addition to my meals.

I lost 1lb over the week, but I would have lost about 5lbs if it weren't for those 2 days! (I weigh every day and went from 311.8 to 305.6 and back up to 310.8).

Here's to this week NOT ending that way. *ugh*
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

amber you're probably just retaining water. if you eat on plan for a few days you should go down quickly

ok, guys something amazing happend today...i finally got my first car. unexcpectedly. i drove for the first time after having my drivers licence and i was so nervous and before i would totally binge but today my stomach was realy like a ball of dough. i was full of adrenaline and totally forgot about food. then i went shopping. haha i still can't believe i own a car. i keep checking the parking lot to see if it's still there =)
day 43...i think
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5'3

oh my gosh!

Today I got home from a day out with a friend... I had stayed totally on plan... but I was STARVING! I had over done it on water already because I thought that maybe I was just thirsty...

After trying really hard to justify ordering pizza, (which I could have eaten like the whole pizza I was so darn hungry) I got frustrated and hit up the grocery store. I already had veggies at home to cook up but I needed a main dish. The seafood counter provided tilapia and scampi finishing sauce. Then, as we walked to the front, I was feeling like I crashing, and there was a woman with brownie samples. I've never been so happy to sample a brownie before in my life! I was ready to break down and snatch up a carton of ice cream but that small bite of brownie made me feel better and I passed up the ice cream for sugar free fruit bars.

Dinner was delicious and fit nicely in the plan. I even have room for a sugar free/fat free pudding cup for dessert later!
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 124/?/107-110

lovingme, congrats on making it to day 28. i understand your fear of vacation...i have one coming up this coming week as well and i'm already worrying about it.

vixin, congratulations to you! i hope to be at a year this time next year. and hope that all of this is in the past...

afm, i really struggled again today. i was in the kitchen after my little one had a bit of a scare and my hubby left for work. he was in a bad mood when he left and it made me upset and i immediately thought about binging. the urge was really strong, so i decided to leave and run some errands. luckily, by the time i got home, i felt a bit better. i still feel the urge, but i think i'm ok for the rest of the day. as i said earlier though, i am really stressing about upcoming vacation/days off plan. starting thursday i'll be crossing my fingers i can keep on being strong. i can't help but wish this was not something that i had to keep fighting and thinking about. there are so many better ways to spend my time...
heather29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #20  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Jen & Beila- you know I think that's why I eat as much as his junk as I can, just to get rid of it. I can't bring myself to throw it away.
Vixsin- Congrats, one year is such an accomplishment!

Day 1 went well, went over calories, but that's ok. It was all healthy food. Yesterday, I poured half of hubby's chocolate syrup down the drain so it would be gone faster. I drink that stuff right out of the bottle when it's here. Sure enough it was gone by today, he makes chocolate milk w/ it. All the other junk is locked up in the safe, I made sure it was before he left for work. I'm so upset with myself cause I let my weight get to this point. My 2yr. maintenance anniversary is in 2 weeks, I didn't maintain, I gained! Alot!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #21  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the congrats all. I was truly touched.

It's hard to believe that I decided that I was worth the effort a year ago. I've lost weight 400 times at least and never once did I have half of the commitment to it as I do now. I look forward to my next big milestone which will be remaining binge free for an entire year. It's so hard to believe that it's well within my reach now.

Paris, I know you like to thank me all the time but it's YOUR numbers that have kept me going. So, thank YOU, friend.

I'm glad to be here with all of you. I feel how strong we are when we are together.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #22  

vixsin, congrats on one year! you are an inspiration. that must have taken a lot of hard work and dedication.

I feel back in control today. Wallowed in self-pity this morning.... Had a good cry about everything and it was ultimately very cathartic. I have issues bottling up emotions and I think when I finally let it all out... Something clicks. I even went to the grocery store today as my foster kittens were out of food, and walked out with kitten food and a bag of broccoli (not for the kittens ) It's nice when the choices are easy... Next step is to figure out how to deal with making choices when it is much harder.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

today, just SUCKED. I had a fussy baby, drained milk supply-from being ill. Got bad news from my University about my finances. JUST WANTED TO HAVE A GOOD MEAL OUT--and the food SUCKED. So horrible, I barely ate. Come home starving--AND REALLY WANT TO BINGE NOW. no food to binge on--we are broke. I know eating oatmeal helps with the milk supply so I had some angel food cake things with oatmeal and whipped cream. closest thing to a binge on sweets I have ever had. We are even out of milk! Feel REALLY DEPRIVED. And mad. I wanted a nice yummy dinner with lots of good food, and I got the short end of the stick. All I can think about is another restaurant trip.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #24  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Abluvion: Thank you. My binge free journey as well as my current weight loss journey have both been a real test of faith. I'm happy to keep getting rewarded with my good health and good feelings, but boy, sometimes it doesn't come easy. Hang on tight, you are doing great!! I also have had, and still have, issues with expressing my feelings and asking for help. I have also learned that when you do ask for the help or let the feelings out, it helps more than you could ever imagine. Good on you for having a good cry. I firmly believe that there is nothing like "a good cry."

Jendiet: I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. I'm proud of you for not having horribleness in your house to binge on. That's you on that deeper level working for your success and not trying to sabotage yourself. Even if it's because you're broke. I live in a perpetual state of broke. At times, I've still been able to find a couple dollars to spend on junk. Good on YOU for not doing that last night! I hope things with school will work out. I am beginning my journey with school and I can already feel the stress of it. I suggest trying to take a quick walk with baby if the weather is ok, or maybe a nice hot bath. Even if you can lay down on your bed with the door closed and close your eyes and do some deep breathing for 10 mins. Just a little something just for you. : to you for your day today, my friend.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

I've posted here before but it's been a long time. I have been having some issues with binging lately so I thought I'd join this challenge again. Each day I say that's it, no more but I keep slipping. I don't know why I can't get control because I know it is not good for my health. I so want to break this habit and I think this challenge will help me.

I managed not to binge yesterday but it was a challenge. For starters, my goal is to make it through the month of August without a binge.

1 day down 30 to go.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Vixsin--I'm glad to help. But seriously, I could never get it together enough every week to start this thread, even though I still need it. Every time there's a hint of a thought of a binge, the strong part of my mind goes straight to this thread, it's invaluable!

And your numbers help me too!!! Everyone's numbers do--just to see that there are other people out there struggling, trying to figure out how to create a healthy relationship with food--makes me feel like less of a freak that after almost 450 days binge-free, I still identify as a binger. I guess it's like an alcoholic, I'll always be one, just right now I'm in recovery. And I'll be in recovery for the rest of my life. (Yes! I didn't even this to add a 'hopefully' to that last sentence--I will continue to be in recovery!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #27  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Day 2- Junk is locked up, I'll be fine.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

day 44 and i overate a little and went over my calorie limit but i don't care even though i feel little stuffed and sleepy. damn those blueberry muffins. my nerves are getting me because of exams.

Last edited by missunshine; 08-02-2011 at 04:01 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #29  

It's about Day 40 for me! Can't believe I've made it almost six weeks without binging! Sorry I've been so absent, I've been really busy this week. I'll try to do personals in the morning.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Jen - I agree completely with what vixsin posted. You should be so proud of yourself for not just giving up, when I have hard days that's usually when I run to the junk food (I've put it on credit cards before when I didn't have any cash). Great job!

Vixsin - Congrats on one year! That's so amazing!

GettinFit - In my experience it's hard to get back on the wagon, but once you start having more on than off days it seems like it gets a whole lot easier to get back on track when you have a slip up.

The last couple days have been really awful. My fiance has been in and out of the hospital for tests and I've been worried sick about him--still don't know what's going on. I had a kind of off but kind of controlled day yesterday, I went to the store considering a binge but just got some cereal to eat and left it at that. Today was back on track. I might be absent for the remainder of the week, depending on what we find out.
LemonZest is offline   Reply With Quote