South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Friday July 15

Good Morning

We had a quick trip yesterday and I'm up early surveying things and getting stuff put away. I'll depart a 7am on my bike for a Friday water aerobics so I think I'll go out and do some moonlight gardening....with coffee, of course.

How is your day shaping up? Stop by and chat

Have a beachy day everyone!

ETA-Well Bing just got skunked so I'm changing my plans. The skunk is under the front porch and won't leave...Bing is in his kennel and the house reaks. I'm out the back door to see if I can find hydrogen peroxide this time of day.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-15-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ugh, Debbie, I bet everyone in your household is wide awake with the stench of skunk in the air. I hope you found some hydrogen peroxide or tomato juice!

It's nice and cool here on this TGIF morning, but we will heat up later this afternoon. I'm taking the girls out shopping for birthday trinkets to use as sunken treasures for Maggie's birthday party. She's having a pool party, and we're going to fill plastic clam shells with necklaces, bracelets, rings, nail polish and lip gloss for the kids to dive for. We'll probably have lunch out someplace, and by the time I get the girls home, Cindy should be home from the clinic and I can leave.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning, Linda I did find HP. Bing has had his first bath, bedding and towels are in the wash and I've got a pot boiling with pleasant smelling stuff. Fortunately, before long, I'll be desensitized and I won't notice so much.Kirk slept right through! He just doesn't know what he misses in the wee hours.
Pool party sounds really fun! Shopping and the anticipation will be great, too. Enjoy your day!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - I'd have been tempted to get on my bike and just ride away. Glad you found hp but sorry you have to start your day with that chore.
Hope the rest of your day is much better!

Cottage - What a fun party idea!

It's pleasantly cool again here this morning too. It is going to warm up but not as much as the early part of the week. I'm supposed to mow and shop this morning but got called for an interview so might rearrange my schedule a bit. Then I'm picking DW up at work at 1 to take her for a CT scan. We were concerned it was late enough and far enough that the drive would be really exhausting so I'm going to take her there. It's the hospital with WiFi so I'll be able to entertain myself while she is there. hopefully they will be on schedule.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of gardening, bike riding and blueberry picking. I saw a tip in Prevention that suggested creating time blocks for chores so they aren't always hanging over your head. I'm going to try that this weekend, maybe I'll feel less guilty about fun time

Happy Friday!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

quick fly by -

Debbie - there's a recipe on line (hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dawn?) that a lot of people use. I did have a chow mix in this week (read: dense coat) that was sprayed last week, and I could barely smell it. He said he picked up some stuff at pet co, and it even works on carpet, etc. he never called me back with the name of it, since that's the best I've ever smelled a dog that soon after a skunking. Good luck!

I slept until 7:05....WOO HOO! But now, not enought time to lounge!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! Debbie, we've not been skunked for a while but here's my de-skunk recipe:
1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup baking soda
two or three squirts dish detergent
two or three squirts of dog shampoo - optional

Mix and rub into dog's coat avoiding eyes and nose. (Contact lens solution is great for flushing eyes!) Do this outside. The grass will smell for a while but a couple of rains will fix that.

Linda, the pool party sounds like a great idea on a muggy day. The little mermaids will have a ball!

Cyndi, your weekend sounds idyllic! I hope the interview goes well IF it's a job you want. Hugs to Julie. Time blocks for chores. Great idea! I read somewhere "Create one small objective per day aside from normal household duties" and have been trying that out. Today's objective will be to take down and wash the kitchen light fixture.

Had a horrible day yesterday but it's over with now. It started with no Net connection, followed by five hours of schoolwork judging and an afternoon of fighting really low BGL! Had to treat that with some ice cream and a nap.

This morning I take off for town to get a haircut and perhaps do a wee bit of shopping, NOT for plants for a change. My car is finally almost cleaned out and no longer smells like a pile of mulch. I'm planning to avoid the Chinese Buffet although I need to go to Staples which is right next door. (I may just go there before my haircut if my timing is right.) Tonight my crazy book club meets at a gorgeous new house on the other side of the lake. It's tricky to get there through the woods but Heather is driving so I'm golden.

I'm afraid to check my calendar but I think the weekend is free although the cousins are at the cottages and may drop in. I just may park my car out behind the barn and go into hermit mode.

Time to hop into the shower and crank up the rest of the day. TGIF.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy TGIF

Debbie - Poor Bing. And you.

Linda - I'd love a cool morning! Cute party idea.

Cyndi - Your weekend sounds fun. Love blueberries right off the bush. Hope the CT goes well.

Twynn - Glad you can do some exercise now.

Ruth - What's the book your group read? We take the summer off from reading and will meet up at a restaurant instead. Funny, I like to read MORE in the summer.

So hubby and I stuck with indoor exercise yesterday and there is no relief from the heat in sight. So if we are going to bike any time soon, one of us, guess which one, needs to get out of bed a lot earlier! Off to the gym with mom today. (Debbie - it's finally Friday!) Back home to elliptical and later treadmill. I've been very consistent about a second afternoon workout on days my schedule allows. Need to make a grocery store run in there too. Ah, such an exciting life I lead.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Amidst my detour this am I forgot to mention we have a bumper crop of raspberries here. Kirk picked a gallon last night...super ripe. I've had a smoothie already this morning. I'm going out to see if I can pick some more for our water aerobics instructor. She usually gets the jam.

Cyndi, it was too dark for the bike so I took my coffee and drove to the other end of town and back. Wow-an interview already! Take care today and I hope Julie's appt goes well.

Twynn, I have the key to the pet store but didn't want to get arrested snooping around at 3am. A chow-I can't imagine. The mix (per Ruth's instructions works as good as anything) Happy Friday!

Ruth, I could only find 2 C of HP at 3am but Bing is small. We'll see how he is once he dries. Fortunately, I had trimmed most of his coat on Monday. Stay away from that dreaded buffet, but other than that have fun...get some shopping in.

Karen, great that you're fitting in those double workouts. Stay cool today!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

I knew I had something else I meant to say! I got my cholesterol results and was a bit disappointed. I have been on statins for years (my whole family is) so my overall number is still "normal." But it was higher than in December when I was not eating as well for months!! My bad cholesterol stayed the same and my good (HDL) went up. But I thought my bad would go down with being OP so much for sixth months. I know my doctor wants it lower because of my family history. Darn.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Debbie- poor Bing and you, glad the smell is starting to go away.

Okay got run have a call in 5 minutes.....will try to stop by later
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

all this talk about smelly dogs makes me almost grateful to have THREE cats!

I am heading to NJ/NY tonight for a friend's surprise bday dinner (already scoped out the menu and selected what I am going to eat!). It's the first trip to anywhere really that I am not fretting about. I think I've got this!

Official weigh in had me a few ounces down from earlier in the week but officially 10 pounds lost on Ph1. Now onto 1.5!

Have a great day and weekend ladies. I will try checking in this weekend
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, a late check in for me. I had to cut my computer time short to fit in my exercise this morning, but I was determined. I REALLY like exercising in the morning and I've found a good combo with my rebounder and various FitTV videos, coupled with some extra walking during the week and on the weekends. I realized, though, that once school starts I'll have to get up at 5 to keep doing this, but I think I can do that. It's nice not to have the pressure of having to do it each lunchtime.

Had my dexascan this morning, then ran some errands and now I'm here at work...will pick son up from camp bus, take him to McD for a happy meal for dinner and then go home and wait for DH to come home from work so we can take off for our first hotel in NJ. Hopefully we'll get there early enough to have a swim.

I don't know if I'll be able to check in this weekend, so if not - everyone have a great one! See ya'll next week.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote