Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  

Default 6-month supervised weight loss plan

Okay, so I went and saw my nutritionist for the first time today. I'm down 3 pounds of the 26 pounds I need to lose in the coming 5-6 months before surgery. Diet-wise, there's not a lot she said that was too surprising but it's nice to have a real plan now. It's very similar to the diabetic diet my mom was given years ago after a diagnosis of Type 2. So now it's just a matter of going out and making a meal plan and buying actual food (payday can't come soon enough). And getting back into journaling again. It's going to be a tough road building in everything I'm supposed to be getting into each meal. But I've gotta start somewhere, right?

(I'm actually a little afraid of this whole thing today for some reason... )
littlebiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Don't be nervous, its common for insurance and some drs to ask you to do this. It shows you are able to follow direction even for a limited amount of time. Be honest, write everything down, its a great practice for rigors of post-op life. You need to get your liver as small as you can to increase the safety of surgery and you will find that if you exercise now and get your muscles primed, its easier after surgery.

Breathe, it will all be fine. Though it seems like a long time, 6 months fly by!

Hang in there!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-22-2011 at 09:55 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

change isn't easy - soooo, my suggestion: focus on one day at a time - one meal at a time - sometimes it's a minute to minute thing. but i also gotta point out that you've come a LONG way attitude-wise over the past few weeks - so you're doing way more than you think you are.

keep up the good work!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #4  

Thank you! You two are like my guardian angels here. I just finished a one day/one week meal plan just to get started, using the exchanges the nutritionist gave me. For right now, I'm just trying to get everything in, and get used to the portions, so I picked things I really like, and I'll probably eat the same thing every day for a week. It sounds terrible, but it makes shopping easy, and I'm not the type of person who gets tired of foods. I thought about posting it here for input, but I'm not sure anyone else would get anything from it, so I didn't. LOL.

One of my biggest problems when I food journal or do something really regimented like this is that I'm TERRIBLE about estimating, so I tend to eat a lot of ingredients, if you know what I mean. Very little in the way of actual cooked food, things that would be combined exchanges. It's good and bad, I guess. I mean, raw foods are good, but it really limits what I eat and then I get bored in the long run.

Last edited by littlebiskit; 06-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
littlebiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I did the exchange diet once upon a time, once you get it down, its a snap!

Jiff is right, one day at a time!

HUGS from Angel-a! That's what my fiance calls me! hehehehe
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

YAY on the 3 lbs way to go chickie.

Its only normal to be afraid, you have a lot coming at you all at once, so I'll also have to say, one day at a time. The whole what if, can I, how do I is quite scary but I am sure you can do it !!

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 06-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote