Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default took a break, now I'm back...but struggling

I'm doing an alternative type of IP because of the expense and after taking a month off, I've gotten back on the wagon again. My problem is my cravings are INSANE. I'm so hating life right now. Stupid, idiotic cravings.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi!
I'm on day 1 and I am also struggling not to give into my cravings. How far along are you this time around?
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #3  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Same boat here. Just started back again yesterday. I've been drinking a lot of flavored hot herbal teas when the cravings start in. I stopped IP back in December and finally decided I want to finish this. I've put back on close to ten pounds so now I'm doing double time. Try the tea, it does help. Plus I'm watching the Biggest Loser on tv right now so that helps too! Motivation!
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Same boat here. Just started back again yesterday. I've been drinking a lot of flavored hot herbal teas when the cravings start in. I stopped IP back in December and finally decided I want to finish this. I've put back on close to ten pounds so now I'm doing double time. Try the tea, it does help. Plus I'm watching the Biggest Loser on tv right now so that helps too! Motivation!
Yes! Water, hot tea, coffee - those all helped me and still help me when I get a little hungry. But if I've tried all that and I still have hunger pains, I always bring extra packets with me and I just have a protein drink. The first week, you can have up to 5 a day, and week two I was doing 3-4 per day, depending on my needs.

YOU CAN DO IT!!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I hear ya.... I have been of IP for about 6 months. Good news is that I haven't really gained that much but I have been exercising like a mad woman. I am trying to get back on to lose that final 10-15 pounds. I found the first time around I lose alot of my muscle tone and definition. I didn't really like the feeling of being weak so I don't know what this time around will be like.... one day at a time I guess
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #6  

I took as break as well. And agree that I lost a lot of muscle tone. I'm way skinner, but so much for flabby! It's gross. The lose skin isn't cute.
And my cravings are ridiculous. I'll have a packet and in two hours be starving again! The price of the packets and boring routine taste isn't fun.
BOO!
mymooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #7  

Good point mymooser.... I am exactly the same way too I have loose skin on my arms, thighs and stomach.... It is VERY annoying. I didnt have this before and now I am contemplating getting a tummy tuck. I only lost 30some pounds and have this problem... I have been trying to exercise a lot and am back on the diet... I think this time I will be on the diet and try it with doing my same amount of exercise and see how that goes. Being thin is great and wonderful but I didnt anticipate this loose skin and I ate the jello and drank the drinks that were to help... they DIDN'T. Anyone else have this prob?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #8  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Loose skin on my arms. I figured it took years for our bodies to gain the weight and stretch our skin to compensate for the added adipose tissue. From what I understand it takes a good year for your skin to shrink as much as it's going to. I would give it a year before you contemplate any plastic surgery so that you can get the best result.

Today is day 4 back on phase 1, just now showing trace ketones on the ketostix. It is so hard to decide to get back on plan and lose a little more. 1. It gets boring and you get tired of it. 2. Friends are telling me you will look anorexic if you get smaller. 3. Can I maintain a bigger loss once phased off, don't want to feel like a failure if my goal isnt realistic for me. 4. Do I enjoy the summer and just phase off and use a balanced diet and exercise to get to my goal, you know the real world?

I think one reason I decided to go back on phase 1 is, like an idiot, I weighed my self after being constipated for 2 days and when it was my TOM. So I was like goodness, I'm gaining already even though logic knew all the reasons why the scale moved. Or possibly I'm scared of phase 4 and the real world. I don't know. Well good morning and welcome to my Thursday morning rant.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Good point mymooser.... I am exactly the same way too I have loose skin on my arms, thighs and stomach.... It is VERY annoying. I didnt have this before and now I am contemplating getting a tummy tuck. I only lost 30some pounds and have this problem... I have been trying to exercise a lot and am back on the diet... I think this time I will be on the diet and try it with doing my same amount of exercise and see how that goes. Being thin is great and wonderful but I didnt anticipate this loose skin and I ate the jello and drank the drinks that were to help... they DIDN'T. Anyone else have this prob?
You skin should start to snap back a bit in 6 months to a year.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #10  

I'm a ballet dancer. From three car accidents and being immobile I gained. So I already had the muscle. I used the diet to help loose the weight while I still was unable to dance with a fractured ankle. So now I'm skinnier, but flabby. Lost my muscle tone and super weak. Weak from the lake of calorie intake and weak from the lost of muscle the diet has caused.
Instead of going back to phase 1 that has the most restrictions, I'll be doing a blend of phase 2 & 3.
We'll see how the remaining 20lbs will do?.... I'm scared!
mymooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Loose skin on my arms. I figured it took years for our bodies to gain the weight and stretch our skin to compensate for the added adipose tissue. From what I understand it takes a good year for your skin to shrink as much as it's going to. I would give it a year before you contemplate any plastic surgery so that you can get the best result.

Today is day 4 back on phase 1, just now showing trace ketones on the ketostix. It is so hard to decide to get back on plan and lose a little more. 1. It gets boring and you get tired of it. 2. Friends are telling me you will look anorexic if you get smaller. 3. Can I maintain a bigger loss once phased off, don't want to feel like a failure if my goal isnt realistic for me. 4. Do I enjoy the summer and just phase off and use a balanced diet and exercise to get to my goal, you know the real world?

I think one reason I decided to go back on phase 1 is, like an idiot, I weighed my self after being constipated for 2 days and when it was my TOM. So I was like goodness, I'm gaining already even though logic knew all the reasons why the scale moved. Or possibly I'm scared of phase 4 and the real world. I don't know. Well good morning and welcome to my Thursday morning rant.
Great advice..... I lost most of my weight in August of last year so I am well over 6 months. I also had two children and gained quite a bit of weight since they are less than 15 months apart, so I didn't have much of a chance to lose what I had gained.... I am just contemplating the tummy tuck, no where else and I have two months to decide as I will have the surgery in September. I am not hard core on phase 1 but figure I should give it a good go for the next couple months to see how it goes before I inflict myself with excrusiating pain.....
I hear ya on all your reasons and I am okay with my size after all I went from a size 12/14 to a 5/6 and I should be happy with that I always just wanted to be below a 10 never mind 6... but now I am still feeling fat as awkward as that is..... this diet has really messed with my mind honestly..... I look foward to hearing from more people and about thier experiences....
Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'

Blah, I've only been off for about 2 weeks, but it's been bad =( I didn't phase off, so I ended up gaining back 8 lbs! However, I'm trying to stay positive that I will lose even faster than before. And hopefully my last few weeks in this town with so many restaurants won't ruin it.
emily88 is offline   Reply With Quote