Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default wonderful new product found

Most of the greek yoghurt in my grocery store is low fat, although recently I can sometimes get one from astro that has some fat. But the other day, a friend found "greek Gods" at the health food store. It is very high fat (26%) or 17 g per 3/4 cup serving, and only 8 g carbs in the same serving, with lots of protein. Makes a fab dessert.
I know many americans have a bit more choice in products, but here in Canada my stores often just have variations of the same products, not much variety for how full the shelves are. SO I am really pleased to have some choice to have a bit of yogurt now and then. I mixed some walnut pieces in it with a half packet of splenda and it was like the richest more decadent ice cream dessert ever.
yum.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #2  

I buy nonfat. Why would you want to eat so much fat? If you read Dr. Atkins program, you would know it doesn't mean eating tons of fat.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
I buy nonfat. Why would you want to eat so much fat? If you read Dr. Atkins program, you would know it doesn't mean eating tons of fat.
Atkins is a high fat, moderate protein plan. On Atkins, fat is burned for fuel. Dr. Atkins discouraged trying to do Atkins in a low fat manner.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #4  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Like most of us, I've done some reasearch from reliable sources and not only is high protein, low fat not what Dr. Atkins had in mind for us, but high protein, very low carb, very low fat can be extremely dangerous.

Maybe it would be fine if you have ten pounds to lose, but for the long haul, don't try it, please, without your doctor's full understanding of your eating plan.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote