Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 04:39 AM   #1  

Angry weightloss

HI , I am new to the forum. Like alot of us i have been through alot of diets . Since hitting just past the 55 year mark and being overweight for the last thirty years i am facing knee replacement surgery in the next year or so. I have to give it my all to beat this battle with weight so i can have a sucessfull surgery. Looks like lots of good suppot here will help. Can`t exercise much because of pain and stiffness so will have to try extra hard. Thanks for listening. Regards , Tea Bag
Old 01-01-2003, 08:06 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Default Hi ...

Teabag: Glad you posted! As you say, this is a friendly and supportive site with some interesting threads that appeal to a wide range of people. Currently I hang on the New Year's Blitz (Winter Water Wonderland) thread, but had to post here when I saw you had knee problems, as I do also. These problems vastly improved when I lost 100 pounds a few years ago (I'm now trying to deal with the slight regain and get to my original goal, which I've never reached). Then I had an accident and again had trouble walking because of the knees and other issues, but am now exercising away again, but carefully.

I know how hard it is to lose the weight that will help your knees when the exercise that can help you lose weight hurts your knees. One thing that might help speed things up is to just exercise around the knees ... e.g., do a mind body workout such as Pilates or yoga and/or lift light weights and stretch. It's also possible to just sit and exercise the top half of the body to music or there are videos you can buy for this. Maybe you could ride a stationary bike, slowly and carefully, just to stretch the knee ... the doctor would have to give the go-ahead but maybe it'd help? Dunno! There's always a way to exercise and slow, stretchy kinds of workouts can really help get rid of pain and stiffness and burn some extra calories to boot while raising one's spirits.

Good luck with your surgery and weight loss journey. Come join us on the blitzy thread if thou be so inclined!
Closed Thread