Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 08:53 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 12/23 - 12/29

Starting the topic - be back in a bit
Old 12-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #2  

Hi everyone,

I'm posting a 0.4 gain - I wasn't thrilled but I wasn't too disappointed - I didn't gain what I lost the week before and I wasn't exactly stellar last week (White Castle at midnight)! I was thinking of not weighing in but decided I'd step on the scale and give myself the option of not weighing in this coming week. (in the meetings now they let you take one no-weigh week a month). I had a so-so weekend. I didn't count points on Saturday but I didn't go nuts. I did have a few too many leftovers yesterday but I've also gotten back into my exercising so that helps a bit. Tony and I are planning on going out tonight for sushi - we have a discount coupon for a place and neither of us wants to cook. That shouldn't be too hard - sushi is pretty good point wise although I wouldn't want to weigh in the next day because of the salt! I did a 60 minute step tape this morning (for the first time in a long time) so at least I have some activity points in the bank to start what's going to be a challenging week!

Judy
163.6/156/135
Old 12-23-2002, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

I was in the middle of writing my post on Friday when my PC went flaky on me and I just didn't have the time to type it all up again. So, from what I can remember from Friday:

Judy - Re: Your run-in with whitey one-bites. Did you go to Home Depot the home and building supply store or do you have a bar near you named Home Depot? Usually a midnight trip to White Castle is the result of alcohol consumption. :-) Don't fret the 0.4 gain. It's so miniscule it's sure to be off and then some next week.

Tahoemom - I hope your kids were able to go sledding and enjoy the snow this weekend. I remember how much fun I had as a kid sledding.

Karen - I was sending no chocolate and no shortbread vibes to you. Hope it helped.

My weekend was ok. I went to a party Saturday night. (John stayed home because our sitter was a no-show.) I did pretty good at the party - no appetizers, easy on dinner. A few little desserts. Of course, I was starving when I got home and ate a piece of fried chicken. Yeserday was better. I'm going to be as low point as I can today and tomorrow during the day. Tomorrow is dinner at BIL and SIL's house; Wednesday is at my mom's.

If I don't get on here again, a blessed holiday to you all.

Carla
Old 12-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Just dropping by to wish everyone a warm, wonderful holiday. Hope you enjoy your time with your loved ones.

Judy - White Castle at midnight was a clandestine adventure - good for you. Don't worry about the little gain - gone for sure next week.

Carla - glad to hear that you did well at the party. Good luck with your dinners out.

This time next week I'll be back on track. No New Year's plans this year, so that won't be much of a challenge.

Thanks for your friendship and support this year, looking forward to hanging out with a great group of losers next year too!

Love,

Karen
Old 12-23-2002, 08:47 PM   #5  

Tomorrow is bound to be a bit crazy and I don't know if I'll get a chance to get on so I'd like to wish you all a wonderful holiday surrounded by loved ones. I'm glad to count you as my friends.

Judy
Old 12-27-2002, 09:40 AM   #6  

Wow - I hope everyone is doing well - I'll start the post-Christmas note by saying that I blew it this week - I was going to give myself a "pass" for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I did but unfortunately, I didn't stopped there. I was PMS'y all week thouogh (TOM arrived this morning) so it was bery bad timing. I started putting the breaks on yesterday - I say start because I did OK most of the day but went over last night. Today however, I am back OP - I plan on getting on the treadmill later - and I am going to be in my points range! Tomorrow we are going to our friend's house - the food won't be too bad but there will be a lot of alcohol. My plan is to exercise in the morning, and have a glass of water or club soda in between each drink. I weighed in last Saturday having made a deal with myself that I have a no-weigh meeting tomorrow - it probably wasn't the best idea to plan for a no-weigh day - it didn't help me curb the holiday goodies - but it's water under the bridge so my plan is to just stay OP and hopefully I will undo any damage by next week.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. We had a white Christmas - nine inches of snow on Christmas Day. It was a hassle for my step daughter to drive home but it sure was beautiful outside - a real winter wonderland.

OK guys - let's check in, and get back OP!!!
Judy
Old 12-27-2002, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I've been thinking about you as I listen to the news reports of all the snow out east. I'm glad that your snowfall didn't cause you any problems. We got a few inches on Christmas Eve, so we had a white Christmas too. It was nice to see the snow, but it did make the drive home from the city on Christmas Eve a bit dicey. Sounds like you're firmly back on track now. You had a couple of bad days, it's done, you're over it, you've moved on and you WILL have a good weigh in next week.

I did ok, but the cookies have gotten the better of me. Actually I did really well at the dinners. My SIL made cheesecakes for dessert on Chrismas Eve. I can take or leave cheesecake, so I left it and had a sour apple martini instead. I also passed up the Tiramisu cake on Christmas day, but the cookies at my cousin's son and DIL's house Christmas night were just too inviting. And I've been dipping into the tin my MIL left with us as well. On the bright side, my meals have been sane and rational, so I guess I'm balancing it out. My mission today, though, is to stay out of the cookies for the rest of the day. It's bright and sunny - a good day to be out and about. Ana and I are going to go to Target so I can pick up some Christmas gift bags, etc. for next year. Have a great day, and if I don't get back, a terrific weekend.

Carla

P.S. In the excitement of seeing what Santa brought, etc., I forgot to weigh in. I definitely will next week.

Last edited by cece; 12-27-2002 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:52 PM   #8  

Hi gals!

Glad to hear that everyone made it through the holidays in one piece!

No snow here yet, which is not at all unusual. We usually get just one snowfall a year, and it usually melts quickly. Have to drive up into the mountains to get to the bulk of the snow, which is just fine with me! Still, it's pretty to look at if you don't need to actually drive anywhere.

I haven't weighed myself in over two weeks. Although my eating hasn't been too bad, I have been overindulging in delicious seasonal microbrews. My favorite is this one called "Jubelale" which is a dark malty amber with hints of nutmeg and other spices. Mmmmmmm ... beeeeeeer.

I'm recommitting to working out starting this weekend. I really miss being On Program and look forward to finally getting fit with
y'all in 2003. More later.

Sabrina
Closed Thread