Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm excited to lose weight, but upset that...

...I can lose as much weight as I want, but my body will never look the way that I want it to because I will still have all of that extra skin. That's a huge fear of mine. But, is it true that if I do proper exercise and toning workouts, I may not have all of that extra skin in the end? I'd love to hear your personal experiences on this topic and possibly get some words of encouragement. Thanks!
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I could be very much wrong, but I think if you just diet you'll get a lot of extra saggy skin, but if you diet and work out it'll keep your skin toned a lot more. I'm pretty sure that's how it works! Good luck and welcome to 3FC
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

if you use the search function on this site there are many many many conversations about this.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

I am not even close to the "end" yet, but I can tell you that I am working out and dieting and I am starting to see some serious sag in the abdominal area. Ive had 2 kids though, so yeah. My poor tummy lol!!!

I think that it does tighten up. I think that stretch marks fade and become less angry red, skin does tighten up a bit, and that no matter what the end product, you will be so proud of yourself when you get there
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

Well, I hate to say it, but no matter how much you work out, if you lose a significant amount of weight from your high weight, you're going to have some sag. There is just no way around it. However, I don't think it will be as bad as you fear. The slower you lose, the way you lose, and whether or not you are eating healthy (not crash dieting over and over again) and exercising makes a difference in how much. But here's what you need to know even more -- it doesn't matter. If you have a bit of flab on your tummy or on your arms, it won't matter. Because for the most part, what people will see is you with your clothes on. So, from your pic, you look pretty young. I'd say if you lose weight slowly and steadily, work out, and do all the right things, sag will be there, but not horrid. Another way to tell is if anyone in your family has done something similar. You will be able to tell from their skin. But for me, I no longer care about saggy skin. I just want to be healthy, feel better, AND look as good as I can! Cause that skin all puffed out with fat can't look too good! Good luck and hope this wasn't a downer!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Thanks for all of your responses. Good point about how people would be seeing me with my clothes on for the most part. And I guess I could deal with extra skin on my tummy because it would be covered with a shirt, but how do I hide it on my arms in a short sleeve shirt? I guess I'm kind of getting ahead of myself, because I haven't even lost the weight yet lol, but I think I just want be prepared for what may happen.
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote