Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 07:27 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday!

just starting the thread...
Old 12-13-2002, 07:37 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hello again!
so - how is everyone doing? enjoying the run-up to the holiday season?
LoriD - congrats!!!
lisa - good to have you back. and angie too!
modlori (!) - thanks for sharing. how did the counselling go?
ali - hope the exam went ok. if you feel being ill affected your performance go see a doc and get a medical note and pass that onto your course organisor/tutor/whoever so that it can be taken into consideration.
hope everyone else isn't suffering too badly from colds/flus and the like. the joys of winter!
our office xmas party was tues night and my feet are still sore from my "glam" shoes. but hey, i looked good!! i have lots of pictures from said event (most of them drunken). i could post the link to the website with them on but you guys wouldn't know who anyone is (there aren't any captions) and i'm sure one office party looks much the same as another. i'll put some piccies here (if it works) of me and bf. and if you want to see the rest let me know and i'll post the URL. most of them are rather embarrassing!!
back later to catch up properly.
Kirsty
Old 12-13-2002, 07:39 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

can you tell that it's later on the same evening...
Old 12-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good morning eveyone!

Kirsty - you look great! Glad you had a great time.
I've got a holiday party for job #2 next Tuesday, a final Wednesday PM, then a holiday party next Friday, and a final Sat AM. I must be crazy! But I'm looking forward to them.

Had a bad night last night. I spent all day cleaning this house, that around 4 PM I decided to go out for a bit to Target w/ my mom & son. What a bad idea that turned out to be ... Jeremy wouldn't stop singing Jingle Bells (the Batman rendition) OVER & OVER for 2 hours. I was in such a bad mood by the time I got home. Then Jeffrey is like "what's for dinner?" and I ended up shelling out $$$ for 2 chix parm hereo's cause I didn't want to cook, and he didn't have any money. I've still got 1/2 of the apartment to clean which will just have to wait now. And STILL lots of school work to do & submit!

I'm going into work today! I get so much more done there.
And stay out of more trouble that way.

Talk to you later.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:57 AM   #5  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Kirsty - go ahead and post the URL ... some of us have to live vicariously through other people!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:12 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello girls!

Hello everyone, sorry I didn't get to post yesterday!

Kirsty - The pics are sooo cute! Look for a PM later...

The past couple of days have been so frustrating. I don't have any work to do at work! I sit around and try to look busy. It really sucks. If I tell them I don't have anything to do then my overtime will be taken away, and I need that extra money, so I'm in a bad situation right now!

Oh well...I keep thinking. After today, one more week, and then Christmas. I am working the 23rd and a half day the 24th, then have the rest of that week off. I can't wait! Although Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be busy (driving to parents' houses) I still think I am going to go back to visit my parents again on the 27th or 28th. I want to spend a day with my brothers too. I miss them!

Well, I'm not replying to yesterday's thread so I don't have what everyone said below me here and its hard to remember everything that was said. Sorry!

Jess - How are things going with WB and Josh? What did you decide to do?

If anyone missed it before, I think I posted a link to my website, which has pictures. Anyways, it is http://home.mathbox.com/lori or you can just click on the "WWW" button below my posts.

I'll check in later!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:27 AM   #7  

Kirsty I sent you a PM but its not showing up in my PM "Sent" box. Did you get it?
Old 12-13-2002, 09:27 AM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default So Glad It's Friday...

Good morning, everyone!

OK, I gotta start my post with a funny story...

On Wednesday night, WorkBoy called. I called him back and asked him to join me for dinner because I thought maybe we needed to talk a little bit about stuff. So, after dinner, we talked about it and he started with "I think you're really great" and ended with "but I just want to be friends".

So, I wasn't too broken up because even though Josh was nice, I wasn't too attached and thought he'd be a good distraction from thinking about WorkBoy. Well, last night, I get a call from Josh saying "I just want to be completely honest with you and let you know that I'm seeing someone else so if you see us sometime you don't cause a scene or anything."

Sheesh--does two rejections in less than 24 hours qualify as a bad day? Really, I'm not upset about any of it. I'm kind of looking forward to having plenty of time for myself. And, since I have a good sense of humor, I think it's kind of funny, in that "joke's on me" sort of way.

Kirsty--Oh my goodness, you look absolutely stunning!! I hope your night was as wonderful as you looked!

Deb--Sorry to hear that your night was bad! But, on the bright side, it's the weekend, whoohoo!

Lori--I went to your website, you look SO good! I'm glad that WW has worked so well for you and it's a huge help to me to see and talk regularly with such a successful WWer. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well at work for you. But Christmas will be here before we know it and that will be a break from the monotony.

Speaking of work, I suppose I better do what they pay me to do...
Old 12-13-2002, 10:10 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default Friday Finally

Hi girls! I have been caught up in my bathroom for the past few days. I am finally feeling better (still have symptoms and came down wiht a nasty cough, but better than before). Jen L you were right - I did go to the doc it was some bacterial thing that I caught from eating food or something, that was contaminated by the bacterial (ie: someone didn't wash their hands). I have eliminated all the places I ate at and I think I know where I got it from....yuck.

But I am on the mend and it was a true test for b/f - he stood by the door through every "attack" he was home for to make sure I was OK (although its right embarassing having someone hear that).

Kirsty- wow, you look awesome! Does b/f mind you posting pics of him?? I am impressed!

Deb - sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time right now with school, etc. I used to look forward to finals too - I always did better on them then other exams probably b/c they signified the end. Good luck!!

Lori - don't tell you are bored! Just post more! Do they monitor your web use?? If not, that is a good thing. That isn't fair that they can take away your OT. Its up to them to provide you with work anyway....

Jess - not rejections, just honesty. Glad you aren't torn up about it, as you definately deserve something good. I know sometimes the honesty is not easy to take though. I was "involved" with a guy who came out and told me that he couldn't see himself married to me cuz I was too into my career and into myself and he needed someone who could stay near him and take care of him so he was going back to his ex g/f. Now, he had been "seeing" both of us at the same time, I later learned, so he was rejecting me. Anyway, 3 years later, she is married to someone else and lives next door to my sister! But him being honest was good b/c it made me realize that I deserved better than him. He wanted someone to build up his ego, who didnt' have a life of her own. He thought that other girl was that but she smartened up too. Now he's alone lookign for a doormat to date. Yay us!!

Anyway, all in good time. You are young and beautiful. It'll come!!

Oh, last night I had a dream that I was dead and waiting for judgement and then my neice's godfather (who I had a fling with at one point) came in and he was old - I had waited 17 human years. And he told me that my neices were married, the rest of my family was alive and well and that my b/f never married or dated, just travelled and wrote my neices postcards. I was crying and crying and so sad that I missed out on life. And then I woke up crying. I think either it meant I will die or I should appreciate life for every moment.

Meanwhile, b/f dreamed that we bought a condo with a future shop in the back. Why are men so simple??

OK back to work....

BBL!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:26 AM   #10  

Jess - Geez I'm so sorry! It's good you aren't all worked up about it. I could never date a guy who was "seeing" someone else. I have big problems with stuff like that. I'm not that type of gal!

Belle - What a strange dream. I have had dreams like that...I mean where I end up waking up and thinking that the dream I had has one of those hidden meanings behind it. But I'm not dead yet, so it must be that "Enjoy every day" message

Checking in later too because I don't have much to do today hehe
Old 12-13-2002, 10:38 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

morning deb, sorry to hear about your bad night. hope today goes better for you.
lori - hope you get to spend lots of time with your family over xmas!
jess - you poor thing - twice in one day! glad to hear you're cool with it though. you'll know when you find mr right and you'll be glad you weren't wasting time on mr wrongs.
belle - crazy dreams! i think it means you have to live your life to the full and make the most of your time with those close to you.
bf doesn't know i posted the pics here but he knows all the party photos are on the web and that anyone could access them. should he mind? anyhow, glad to hear you are out of the bathroom at last!
i'm sure my photos will bore you but if you want to then have a look on http://design.newscientist.com/misc/nsparty_xmas_2002/
i'm mostly behind the camera (to start with!) so don't crop up until picture 13. there's a lot with me and my best pal at work. and then it all gets a bit silly towards the end. you'd never guess he was gay... bless him.
right. better try to work.
kirsty
ps hello to everyone else in lurkyland or about to post!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:52 AM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty! Thanks... it's good to be back. I checked out all the pictures... you looked amazing (great dress) and the party looked like fun!

modLori - I checked out your site... you look great! Where in RI are you? I'm in Boston. I saw your fiance wearing a Bruis shirt! Go B's!

Jess - Oh, I've missed you honey! Guys suck. But hey... you're having fun and these all make for good stories... you can write the next Brigdet Jones books or something. They are both going to regret letting you go, you rock star!

Belle - Oh man... I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm telling you... that bug is going around... it's in Boston too. I went to Brian's holiday party last night. Two of his coworkers stayed home because they had a stomach bug... then one lady had to leave during dinner because she had it... I was washing my hands after touching ANYTHING last night... because so many people from his work were coming down sick. I hope you feel better.

The dinner was nice... I ate too much (OF COURSE), but I had banked and I'm not too upset with myself - it happens. I only ate a bite or two of the caesar salad, although I had three pieces of bread with olive oil. We also had this pesto pizza appetizer and then I had a 5-cheese pasta (but only because we had a choice of that or veal, and I don't eat veal); but I only ate about 1/3 of my dinner but I had 3 glasses of wine too and half of an ice cream dessert. I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 40-50 points. AGH!

Lisa
Old 12-13-2002, 10:56 AM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Hey all!

How is everyone? I'm good. I got almost all of my christmas cards done yesterday-a huge task b/c I send some to every person I treated throughout the year with coupons to encourage them to come back so anyway I sent out over 100 cards!!! Crazy! My hands are tired today. I don't work today so my plan is to get all of my financila stuff caught up & organized. I haven't done any of my books since October! Bad het? I think it will take me most of the day. Tonight we're going out for supper to the Keg. BIL is taking us aas a thank you for letting him live with us. On the 20th he is moving back home so he can go to tis tiny college & take classes that let him transfer to university. It will be nice to have the house to ourselves again but it was nice having another person pay a portion of the bills. I have to eat as low of points as possible today so I can manage supper. Yesterday I ate to my max but at least I didn't go over-I think that's the first day this week! Terrible I know.

Kirsty-you look fab!

Jess, maybe you just need to be on your own for a bit so you can learn to appreciate what a fabulous woman you are & then eventually you'll meet a guy who sees it too & life will be better than ever!

Lori, They can take your overtime away for having nothing to do? THat's ridiculous-not like its your fault!

Deb, I hope your day today is better. That song drives me crazy! My 7 year old brother loves to sing it too!

Belle, glad to hear you went to the doc & are over the worst of it. Did you see the game our Flames lost last night I've been having completely bizarre dreams this week too. I had this one really long one -to sum it up I had a baby with my lesbian lover & lived in a bug infested apartment over a bar with them & this weird stoned out guy & I walked & had all this weird stuff happen until I got to my current residence where my friend was living with her old roommate Dallas but when I got here her Dallas was actaully my DH Dallas but we were just friends & I was going to move in with them & when I went outside I got myleg ran over by a bus. Now that was a very very weird dream & I have no idea how to interrpret that!! That's just a sample of the sleep I've been getting lately!

A Happy day to all of you whom aren't here yet. Of course you probably all posted while I was babbling along here! I'll be back later for sure.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:59 AM   #14  
Canadian Chick

Hey Lisa! I knew someone would post while I wrote my novel! ITs so good to have you back. Don't beat yourself up too bad about one night. My whole week seems to have been like that Today will be better!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:29 AM   #15  

Hey all-Kirsty-you look fab! Lisa-where was the party? We are going to Fire and Ice this weekend for DH's birthday...I love that place-too bad I may not be able to stomach a lot of it!

Jess-On the subject of dating people who are dating others-He is a slime for doing that and you are better off without him! You are worth more than that! And good for you for not continuing to date him. I had that problem with my ex-he actually married the guy he cheated on me with...I always wondered what kind of a girl could seriously date someone that they knew was in a long term(7 year) serious relationship-she knew all about me!! Oh well-he then went on to cheat on her...so what goes around comes around...

Wow-you guys have some cool dreams-I rarely remember my dreams. They say when you are PG that you have lots of dreams...I haven't yet! But then again, i'm only five weeks.

So, I thought about changing my sig to reflect my weight prepreg, during preg, and my goal weight, just to keep me in line. Would anyone mind seeing numbers that go up for awhile?
Lori
Closed Thread