South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #1  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Talking Finally joined!!! My story... Or at least part of it.

I've been eyeballing this forum over the past few months, occasionally being led to it when I google a question about SBD recipes and whatnot... What a bunch of inspirational ladies! I started South Beaching it back in May of last year, and love the program. I dropped 20 on induction and another 10 through phase 2 before my son's dad suddenly left the country, leaving us with nowhere to live. As a stay at home mom having a hard time finding work for months, I had nowhere to go but back to my parents' and here I stay. The stress has been unimaginable but the real problem has been The food here. I can stick to the program for any length of time, buy when I have no money and no control over the menu, it all falls apart. My parents are carboholics, having pasta or potatoes as a pretty central part of almost every meal... The meats are sausages, ground chuck, or steak (whatever's cheapest), and emphasis is on quick, economical, and easy. I can't fault them for it, as times are tight and they have the metabolisms of mice on speed! But being thrown back into my family's unhealthy diet brought my cravings back with a vengeance, and that's how things stood until about two weeks ago. My ex(?) is now calling regularly and sending child support so that we can help with bills and food, which also means that we can buy our own foods and I can get back to my South Beachin'! I restarted Phase 1 on 2/24 and as of this morning (I weigh every morning upon waking & using the restroom) I am down 9 lbs! I'm particularly excited to see what the next few days bring, since this is also my TOM, meaning I'm quite bloated and hopefully will soon shed even more water weight. I've been admiring this forum for a while and want to thank you for being a source of inspiration over the past several months!
RandoMandaPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, RandoMandaPanda! I'm glad you were able to get back on SBD, and hope you can continue to follow the plan. Congratulations on a successful first week on Phase 1!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the SB forum!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you! Congrats on your progress so far.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the site!!! Cute name!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your success so far! You sound like a really strong person and that will serve you well!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #7  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks chickadees! Amped up and ready to go. Got something to prove! ;-) Sleep well all... I look forward to building some new friendships while I build myself a better life! <3
RandoMandaPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/209/143

Height: 5.5'

Welcome! I'm new here too.

You are going through really hard times. I'm impressed by your determination. When I stay at my mum's home, I feel like a child again and I just can't control my eating. And that without having to deal with all the emotional burden you have to cope with.

You are a winner!

Niki
NikiZapa is offline   Reply With Quote